• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need an abnormally large does of opiate to get high

Awesomegauge

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I've been a reader for a while but never had the need to ask about anything until now...

I take opiates relatively often. I am not physically addicted and it stared approximately 8 months ago (with a 4 month break in the middle).

I noticed that even from the beginning i had to take abnormally high doses to get high. Recently i had to smoke 2 bags (£40) of H and i also did a CWE on 30 pills of 500/30 Co codamol.

Is this normal? Besides overdosing, can using this amount damage any organs at all?

I feel like in comparison to other people i need a silly amount of opiate to get high? Anyone else have this problem so early into using?

More on my background: i stared using codeine from CWE around 8 months ago, i quickly moved onto heroin after a bit of research. I never used often enough to become physically addicted but i did binge every so often. I recently had a break of 4 months from opiates as i was abroad. I am in my mid 20s and (although not so much now) i do some pretty intense exercise, once every few weeks i would do 12-15 hr day and night hikes with normally a few mile jog back to the car with all my gear near the end of the hike.

Is it the endorphins from the exercise that are causing the need for massive doses of opiates?

If i stopped exercising would i be at risk of over dosing on opiates or will my tolerance be pretty much the same?

Hope someone has something valuable to share with me, cheers guys... you're all great

Two possibilities are that you're a poor metabolizer for codeine and your dope might be really low purity

I suppose exercise might affect your buzz but I can't see it effecting your tolerance. Do you always buy your gear off the same people, because it does sound like it's low quality? And I'd personally not bother with the codeine at the same time as the gear, your not getting high but it's a fairly large dose so your increasing your tolerance.

If your not physically addicted then I'd take a break if I was in your shoes. Even if the gear was cap the codeine should've done something, a tolerance break sounds like a good idea. If you keep increasing your dose chasing the high you are risking addiction. Stay safe.

The gear comes from different sources. I've had poor stuff, I've had good stuff but in this case it was your average purity of H. I only took the codeine as i had already started the CWE before i knew for sure i could get H.

Even after my huge break when abroad, my tolerance didnt fix itself...

I just don't know what the deal is with tolerance. Thinking of buying or making myself some fentanyl (much easier than you would think, i got instructions from a French man with a doctorate in chemistry and it's really quite easy).

Thanks for the input people and if anyone has anything else to add please do

In the case of codeine there are specific genetic differences in how people metabolize.

This should not apply for most other opiates.

It is possible just to innately have a higher tolerance, just as some people handle their liquor better than others.

It is also possible you aren't getting very good dope.

If your only experience is with these two, though, I would still be careful when starting to get into, say, stronger pharmaceuticals, or perhaps all the more so, dope from other sources; especially given the epidemic proportions of fentanyl going around being misrepresented as dope and even in forged pharmaceuticals. These doses can vary wildly and can and do kill people even with very high tolerances.

Codeine itself will stop metabolizing into morphine around 600mg. After that, it is mostly a waste, but not all that toxic; it is generally well-tolerated except for typical opiate side effects.

I have to agree with SKL, I would stay away from fentanyl. As a chemist myself I would definitely call it an easy synthesis but I would never try to make it because of how potent it is. It's way too easy to accidentally expose yourself to a quantity (through skin contact or inhalation) that could cause an OD.

The 600mg 'limt' for codeine explains the fact that I seem to receive no difference in high when I go above 600mg. I won't be going above 600 again, cheers for the codeine saving advice...

As for H, i got some good stuff. £40 seems to be sorting me out for now and I've got a couple of bags left then I'm taking a break for another few months.

As for fentanyl, I think I will get to making some at one point or another. The comments regarding accidental overdose through skin contact or inhalation while making the stuff. I have access to biograde protective gear and i planned on using the mask and gloves. I also have Naloxone on standby should I need it.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.
As always, if anyone has anything else to add please go right on ahead and do so!

Can't possibly emphasize enough that making your own fentanyl is a bad idea; I don't know which particular chemicals you intend to make, if not fentanyl proper, or which synthetic routes you wish to take (and discussion of these topics is forbidden here, anyway, for good reason), but there's a lot to worry about here, from impurities (including the notorious Parkinson-causing ones) to dosage considerations and so forth. If you have the precursors and reagents, I'm sure it's tempting, but it's not even a very enjoyable opioid, and what it will do, should you succeed in producing it and dosing it properly without killing yourself, is drive your tolerance up to absolutely absurd levels, much quicker than, and without achieving anywhere near the desirable effects of, any number of other opiates. If you have that sort of lab access, there are a lot of more interesting things you can make for fun and profit (and even if fentanyl is the most profitable, which it may very well be, you cannot make fentanyl for clandestine distribution without having deaths on your conscience, period.) Fentanyl is in just about all respects bad news, it offers very little advantage except for absurd potency over classical opiates to a lot more liabilities, and most people agree that it's just not as enjoyable, even in equivalent doses; and let me say again, in equivalent doses versus heroin, morphine, or most anything else, it is less euphoric and more of a respiratory depressant and has a narrower therapeutic (or recreational) index, that is, the margin between what will work and what will kill you (although, if you are intent on making the stuff, I really hope I don't have to define those kinds of terms; or really, if this whole thread is necessary, you probably shouldn't be making the stuff without a whole lot of education both formal and informal.) If you want to get high off opiates, stick to legitimate semi-synthetic or proper opiate pharmaceuticals and good heroin.

The endorphin rush from exercise is a joke compared to synthetic drugs. The differrnce is if you crash your car and get impaled by a fence post and break multiple bones you can give opiates and pressor drugs like adrenaline and atropine to keep them from fainting from the pain.

That being said regular exercise is good for you and can help reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, obesity, and a majority of the illnesses likely to end or reduce your quality of life.