• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need advice

Iceyblu

Greenlighter
I live in mountains of western North Carolina. My dr has retired. I live in constant pain. I’ve never taken my meds any way except as prescribed. I can’t find a dr to continue my care. All of the news about the opioid epidemic has them all scared to treat me. How can I find a dr? If I go around and ask a bunch of them I’ll get labeled and I don’t want that. Has anyone had good results with Kratom? I’m so afraid of withdrawals and pain. I’ve been on Percocet and the fentanyl patch for over ten years. Any advice is appreciated. I wasn’t sure where to post this. Thanks

Welcome to bluelight. Keep looking until you find a doctor that will prescribe you medications for pain.

DO NOT take Kratom, it's not regulated or safe, and since you take Fentanyl in a patch I doubt even large doses of Kratom would be useful to you.

I'm a little surprised to hear Priesttheycalledhim make such a statement regarding Kratom. It's true that it's not regulated, but regulation means little in terms of how dangerous a drug can potentially be. In fact, you'll find that a lot of folks receive a lot of benefit from medications that are not produced by large Pharmaceutical companies. Cannabis is considered to be a highly effective treatment for a comparatively gigantic number of indications and tends to also be of the safest medications available. Even side-effects that make treatment intolerable are not actually dangerous in 99.9% of instances. So, I really disagree with you making such a blanket statement regarding Kratom.

Iceyblu, Priest is correct that we really can't give you advice for how to best approach the medical establishment. That's just not possible, but if you're looking for advice regarding Kratom, its active ingredient Mitragynine and how these two could maybe help you out with your pain situation, Bluelight is just one of many resources that you can consult. Many have found Kratom to be effective in controlling their pain, but at the end of the day, it is an Opioid and carries with it all of the risks of addiction/dependence.

Given the fact that many have experienced benefit from Kratom who have been in your same situation, I would say that it is worth a try. The only way you'll be able to find out if it works for you personally, will be to try. As Priest has indicated though, Kratom is a relatively weaker Opioid, but it exerts effects that aren't possessed by many standard Opioid agonists as well that could mediate its overall subjective analgesic effect.

I'm not surprised. Judging from other posts he's made, he seems to be anti-kratom. While it is true it's not regulated so you don't know for sure what's in it, most of the bigger, well known vendors that have a good reputation seem to be on the up and up, and people are usually very satisfied and have no problems. He does have a point that with a fetanyl tolerance, it'll take quite a bit of plain leaf kratom to touch you.

Well kratom can work better for certain pain and since it works in a slightly different way than conventional opiates it will probably help albeit at a little higher then conventional doses.

Thank you so much. I know no one can tell me how to find a decent dr. I was just hoping someone out there was from where I’m from. I will try to locate some kratom immediately. Should I look on a different thread for a dependable type?

Bali kratom is a good start, not too potent but pretty cheap. We can’t discuss sources here but it’s not hard to find the big vendors that are dependable. Be aware kratom has been known to cause liver damage in very rare cases so it’s best to get your liver checked out by a doctor shortly after starting kratom.

Good luck to you, stay safe.

What has American pain management become? Its neither your fault you are in pain or that your doctor retired. You are compliant with your meds and take one long acting opioid and one short acting one as has been the standard of care for years. A new physician can get your medical records and prescription history very quickly as well as do his own workup to decide how he wants to treat. Why are they so scared and being derelict in their basic duties as a doctor? Fuck the DEA, the CDC pain guidelines, and the insurance companies to hell. I wish I was younger and Id go back to med school and make a difference.

I used to be hooked on opioids, mainly buprenorphine, oxy and morphine. At my worst, i took 300+ mg oxy per day. I spent two years clean, but i’ve come to terms that i need opioids, if not daily, then at least now and then. My tolerance is a LOT lower now: 25 mg oxy will make me content; 60 mg will make me nod, at least if i boost with benzos and atarax.

However, it’s either expensive or hard to get decent opioids. I won’t buy buprenorphine, cos two years on it gave me the most drawn out withdrawal i’ve experienced — leaving me in a state of pending doom, anxiety so intense that the word ’anxiety’ — at most — merely draw the contours of the incessant torture i experienced for almost two weeks: the devil’s creation, akathisia, temperature shifts from freezing to feverish sweating, the fatigue, accentuated by the edgy nervousness and inability to stay in one position for more than a millisecond, making it impossible to go to the bathroom if not for its sheer necessity, the extreme soreness in the rectal area, the insomnia and the perception of everything in the external reality as something hostile, as if the sharpness of sounds and noises take the appearance of large canine teeths, ready to eat your soul. The depression, the crying, the ennui, the hopelessness and emotional pain, so painful that it obscures anything else than the pain. And so on.

So, to my question, if i’m allowed to bortom the thread: would kratom be a decent option for me? The only cheap, available alternative is tramadol, and that doesn’t do it for me — even prefer loperamide in high doses, lolz.

If yes: which strain? My tolerance is not that high but i’m far from opioid naive.

Bali and red vein maeng Da worked best for me when I was using Kratom. Against what people believe, I think Kratom is a better option than synthetic pharmaceutics and way better than the suboxone \methadone route. I've detoxed using Kratom more times than I can count. I was an IV heroin addict and Kratom helped immensely with withdrawals. I then tapered on Kratom and jumped off. Then I'd relapse and do this ritual over again and again. It's sad, but true.

Last edited:
As you could guess, i agree with you regarding Subutex. Its potent, quickly loses its charm and makes you indifferent and tired, yet free from anxiety and worries. And the withdrawals... only tried methadone once but i’ve heard horror stories. Can’t imagine putting myself in a position like that, since i’m extremely sensitive and easily fall into depression and days of self-loathing, constant crying, dissociated to an almost psychotic degree (part of my borderline personality disorder, hence the need for opioids, although i’ve developed methods to cope, which basically means a reduction in anxiety and unbearable emotional pain, making it bearable but never satisfactory — unless a partly crippled existence in which i’m under almost constant distress, yet a bearable one, one that i’ve resigned to as the best i can hope for, completely sober) from merely one sleepless night on little bit too much amps — i’m always equipped with at least a couple of benzos, enough for more than one day if necessary, and weed/hash. I just can’t put myself through that pain, not without sufferingly horribly. So i can only imagine withdrawing from methadone, by most consider way worse than buprenorphine withdrawal, and that’s a legitimate reason, for me, to avoid methadone at all costs

And yes, i’ve repeated self-destructive rituals too fucking many times. Atm i’m at least in control, and set for days with remedies (been on a moderate stim binge, with one days break, at least two nights of great sleep — which i find essential — been doing light cardio and went to my bjj class, in horrible shape mind you, on my off day, and i’ve eaten well. Really helps. The benzos, morphine (although i dose low) and hash play some part in me feeling pretty great atm.

Last edited:
Kratom can be a decent alternative to opioids. You need to find you own blend. A beginner pack is what I started with and still use all 3 kinds. Without getting too elaborate, do some research and don't overthink it.
I needed something to help with cold turkey w/d. It was brutal! I just tired of being on them. Mine was legit, from a bad wreck, but I finally said screw it.
Unfortunately I found kratom after a month of nightmarish w/d and the worst was over but it has helped me considerably. It does NOT take the place of my pain meds but in my case, it eases my suffering to a manageable degree.
Good luck and keep us posted. People helped me here and if I can, I want to return the love.

If you've had a pre-existing prescription by a licensed doctor and you have clear evidence of chronic pain, you're not likely to get labeled as a narcotic-seeker if you can provide hard evidence at a doctor's visit.

Maybe try looking for specific pain management doctors in your area?

Kratom is a schedule 1 drug. I used to live in North Carolina and they throw the book at you if you get busted with those.