Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I need advice regarding using shrooms for the first time

Just one more

Greenlighter
Hi fellow bluelight members!

This is my first post so please frogive my mistakes in the post's grammar and forum placement, if a moderator whises to move this thread to a better suited forum please do it.

I'm thinking about using shroom for the first time. And yes I know, there are many threads discussing this topic, but I felt that my case is a little unique so I went and created my own thread.
I'm 190 cm tall and I weigh about 105-115 kgs depending my drug use. For example, when I pull a one nighter using caffeine I lose ~5 kgs, but when I do a cocaine binge, wich lasts around 2-4 days, I lose around 10-20 kgs. But that's another topic for an another thread.

So, I really want to try shroom, because I'm really interested in the experience in general, amongst other things.
I'm thinking about using 1 to 1.5 gramms for the first time, because I'm not certain if I can handle more for the first time due to my slight anxiety. Wich is not really a big issue, I can smoke cannabis without anxiety.
I also have moderate pain in my lower back, for wich I'm using ( and not abusing ) OxyContin OC ( yes, the old formula ) 2x10-15 mg and baclofen 3x10 mg for my muscle spams.

My current medications excluding the ones that are mentioned above, include but not limited to:

Mirtazapine 15-30 mg ( for sleeping related issues ) I will probably quit it in the following week
Xanax 0.5-5 mg or more depending on tolarence and anxiety. I'm using it 2 to 3 times per week under normal circumstances, but sometimes I use it ( or abusing it ) for more than a week, in form of polydrug abuse.
Zolpidem 10-150 mg ( not a typo ) same as xanax

My previous experiences with drugs:

OxyContin, abused in the first month with the max dose of 60 mg intranasal in 5 minutes, only abused ~300 mg total
Various benzos including: Xanax, Ativan, Rivotril ( in the US it's marketed under a different trade name )
Cannabis
Tramadol
Baclofen
Zolpidem, wich was my first drug that I have tried, Xanax being second. These to are my main DOCs.
DXM, once. A light 1st plateu trip with 20 minutes of 2nd plateu. No ground-breaking effects
Cocaine
Amphetamine
MDMA
Alcohol, mainly beer and vodka
Cigerates, Soft Box MarlBoro Red being my favourite

Please point out any typos, I need some feedback :)

Thank you for reading this post , feel free to reply.

TL:DR

A teen Xanax and Oxy addict wanna try shrooms

the forum is fine, but you cannot expect that people will response very quickly, since this is not a chatroom; also the majority of people here are american, so they live in a very different time zone than you, that's also to consider.

I cannot personally give you a definite recommendation, other than to do more research and strongly consider your set and setting if you decide to do mushrooms. psychedelics are nothing like most other other, except maybe cannabis, which has some psychedelic properties.

I think 1-1.5g of mushrooms is a good starting point, not too much but just enough to get a pretty good idea of what they are about. Benzos and opioids will dampen the effects of psychedelics afaik, though I can't really tell you to what extent as I have no experience with that combination. But I'm not sure what exactly you are asking about?

Thanks guys for the input.
My friend said that I should rather try 2.5-3 gramms for the first time and smoke weed during come up and peak. I'm the only one who thinks that's a really bad idea? I'm certain that the anxiety will be too much for me to handle. And an another question, should I take my Oxys and xannies? Could the Oxy overpower the shrooms?

I limited experience with shrooms is that they were really warm and happy, compared with LSD. Like LSD with a little feel of MDMA. I have an anxiety disorder, but anxiety was not at all present. Saying this I must remind you that with psychedelics the setting is very important : if you are in a cosy and safe environment, your trip will be that.

When I do lsd or shrooms I do the following to ensure I'm having a good trip :
* Tidy the room, if you feel bad about the state of your apartment, it's going to affect your trip. You will become very perceptive of the vibes your surroundings give you.

Use music to controll your mood. No sad country music about someone losing their dog. Good music in my experience is:
Instrumental, because vocals will narrow your minds space of exploring.
Calm or energetic is a preferance, the VERY important thing is that it should be neutral or uplifting. I once went from fine to near antisocial paranoia within minutes when putting on a song (LSD). The second I changed song I was fine again.

I have some pretty weird music I listen to when I'm tripping. Shaman drums (completely neutral, for meditating on a subject on LSD. It's basically just 'bonggg........bongg......bongggg......).

On shrooms I had amazing visuals of jungle animals listening to a group called Troika, chech them out on Spotify: Chanting up the Sun, & The Magic Birdcage. Far from mainstream music, but notice the feel in the songs. Super relaxed and uplifting. If you have music with that feeling when you trip, you are heading off in the right direction.

Shrooms gets potentiated by weed, increasing the visuals and all over trip. For your first time I don't think you should smoke on the way up. Wait until you are up, if you want to potentiate it you can smoke at any time, and you will take off like a happy rocket the second you get effect from the weed. Smoking is the obvious way to go, as it is the instant and easy way of dose control.

I haven't checked out your meds with shrooms, but si used mirtazapine. You need to be some days off, or it will be impossible to trip. I managed to roll after two days off (low dose) , but I needed 2.5 g and I jungled lots of weed to stay in the trip zone. So yes, you will need a break from them.

I made the shrooms it into tea, by grinding it up and extracting it twice. It works faster than just eating it, and you can start off easy and drink more as you feel. The leftovers from the tea will also give you a boost, and to potentiate it further; use lemon juice. I ate the leftovers with a tea spoon. I love mushrooms in general, but if you don't the lemon will cover the taste. Don't exactly know the reaction between lemon and shrooms, probably something about availability of the trip fuel.

Shrooms gave me a lot of visuals. I got extremely beautiful visuals when just having my eyes closed and listening to the music I mentioned above. Music is jungle inspired, it's probably why I saw jungle animals when I closed my eyes. It was like a electric sheep video (youtube), but much, much more detailed an amazing. My visuals would increase in detail depending on my touch. Putting my face onto my cats fur made my inner visuals increase like fireworks on a Olympic opening. I spent a lot of time cuddling the cat or stroking on fake fur fabrics. It's probably due to the thousands of hairs gently touching the skin in different areas.

When I smoked weed I could also briefly see music. It was like those sound reactive graphic equalisers, where the different audio frequencies moves with the music. They were grewn and would enter from both corners of my eyes, perfectly alined with the music, when I smoked. Sounds perhaps scary, but I was having a blast. Maked me smoke the joint very enthusiastic while I giggled and felt super happy.

Thoughts and your senses (I believe with the exception for smell) will guide any visuals. Touch , sounds and sight will give you associations, so make sure it is in a nice direction.

Have any demon art (like movie posters, drawings) on your walls? I suggest you take them down, lol.

My cat loved me on shrooms, and I was hypnotised by her extremely dialated pupils, to such a degree that it looked like a black demon eye. (my cat trips or rolls as I do, she is very perceptive of my state of mind. Obviously I never give her any drugs). She was also very pixlated due to my trippy eyesight, like a picture with bad resolution. The second I thought it looked like demon eyes she visually started to transform into a demon, she was inches drom my nose, facing me curiously. As tripping with a demon is very low on my bucket-list, and this felt like going in a bad direction at hyper speed, I made myself think she looked like a lion instead, and magically she turned to a rather majestic and sleepy lion.

(lions are technically more dangerous than demons, as the latter is a fictive creature, but it's a different set if rules when tripping. Seing a demon feelt real in terms of survival instinct, even if I knew it was a visual. If I hadn't seen the connection between my thoughts and visuals it could have been a troublesome night. Cat wanted cuddels from owner with dilated and friendly pupils, whilst I saw a demon watching me and trying to close in).

This is a rather messy explanation of trip mechanics, and it isn't the same for everyone. And it's not necessarily the things, it's your associations being super enhanced into visuals. That is why setting is so important. Not only don't you want it to cause a bad trip/episode, you can also enhance the trip in your desired direction. And the point of tripping in an environment you controll, vs a night out where someone perhaps just gives off bad vibes, is that you can manage your input. Being out and about, if a random person is super annoyed, or very upset and sad, about something not related to you at all, it can hit you in your gut and make you feel the same.

I think I perhaps have answered every question you didn't ask. Sry, adhd meds haven't kicked in yet ;)

Basically, use music and nice coloured lights (recommend those cheap led types so you don't have to worry about open flames when you trip your ass off).

Shrooms are warm and fuzzy and nice. Create a feel-good atmosphere, and you are likely to feel just like that.

Also, if you decide you need to stop the trip, just take mirtazapine. Think of it like a emergency break, so in the very rare case of a bad trip, pop a mirtazapine and your trip will stop shortly after.

Also, you can start off slow. If mirtazapine is out of your system, make tea with 1.5 g, and wait until you feel it before you do another 0.5 or 1 g. If you are too low, smoking weed will send you flying for a while. I suggest weed over hash to counter some of the anxiety issues a low cdb ratio can give. You say you don't habe anxiety issues on weed, so that's a good thing.

I smoked weed when tripping shrooms, and I'm super sensitive to high thc and low cbd (like in hashish). For every puff I had more and more fun. I kept grinding up more and more mushroom all nite, until I was out and also had searched entire flat for lost mdma. Kitchen looked rather messy next day. My trip notes read;
*omg, this is fun. Remember to do it again.
*This is so fun
*Remember to take all adhd meds (wrote it 7 times, my head was a mess, albeit a fun and colourful one)
*best visuals with closed eyes, naked and rolling in fure-like fabrics. Mo more electric sheep/videos. Eyes closed!

Yeah. Shrooms are tons of more fuzzy fun in my brief experience. On LSD I can be productive and solve problems, get new perspectives. Shrooms was a colored, sensational party. I must do it again soon :)

Thanks guys for the input.
My friend said that I should rather try 2.5-3 gramms for the first time and smoke weed during come up and peak. I'm the only one who thinks that's a really bad idea? I'm certain that the anxiety will be too much for me to handle. And an another question, should I take my Oxys and xannies? Could the Oxy overpower the shrooms?
very bad idea. cannabis can potentiate the effects of psychedelics very much, especially the negative ones like anxiety. in the right mindset, it can be great, but it can go south really fast. and I wouzld take 2g of cubensis at most for your first time. your friend just assumes that what is fine for him, will be the same for everybody, which is foolish.

for your first time, I would recommend that if you wanna smoke weed, only do it if you're almost down.

Yes leave out the weed for quite a number of trips before you start considering it...

Try to eat the mushrooms at a moment that is the most baseline to you. Oxy and xanax can really dull a trip down, so if I were you I would not take those and trip, then if it's really necessary and bothering in the trip, medicate as necessary. So avoid as much as possible, but don't let your symptoms ruin the trip either..

Do not eat the mushrooms if abstaining from the anxiolytics puts you into withdrawals, if you can't go without the anxiolytics then obviously you need to take them especially when becoming vulnerable and suggestible during the trip.

Mirtazapine can certainly prevent you from tripping or influence it, so it is better that you come off it completely for a number of days before tripping on mushrooms (assuming that you are still doing alright without it).

Oh my god, you guys are wonderful.

I didn't even know that mirtazapine can stop the trip. It's so much better than the kill switch med that I had in mind, wich was Seroquel. Wich obviously not just stops the trip, but make you sick to your stomach even at the ~25 mg range. But for some reason it works really well as a amphetamine binge kill switch.

And guys can I redose shrooms? I wonder if it's possible, because I heard that you develop tolerance as soon as it first enters your bloodstream. And let's say that I have a bad trip, can I use some cocaine to ease the anxiety and regain some clear headednes?
Or would that just add an another level of anxiety? I'm really interested in this combo because cocaine, especially if it's uncut ( you know what I'm talking about, when you prepare your line and the whole house already smells like coke and benzin ( I think benzin has a better ring to it than gasoil ) and then you snort your line and, and you know what I'm talking about :D ) makes me feel really euphoric and worry-free

OP;
I have redosed shrooms, when I knew I was peaking (was close to a mdma feeling + visions), I made more tea. I didn't get higher, but it lasted longer. I chose to be careful dosing as I had not tripped on shrooms before.

I had tried shrooms the night (or two) before, a small dose, unfortunately mirtazapine blocked me from tripping. It did however lift my spirits, felt cheerful and in good mood. I decided to try again in the hope that mirtazapine blocking the shrooms also prevented any tolerance to develop. Not sure if that is why I could trip soon after, or if I could have tripped anyway.

Being your first time, it's better to go too low than too high. I believe 1.5 is rather low. I remember choosing 2g, but perhaps I increased the dose due to previous intake & mirtazapine.

Mirtazapine will stay in your body for a long time, so if you have some in your system you can probably try 2g, particularly since you have both mirtazapine and seroquel if it gets too difficult.

If you are very anxious about it, and psychedelics is affected by setting (including how you feel), you can also start at 1.5g, with the exception of not tripping, just a test run. When all goes well, you can increase your dose next time, with less anxiety. Logic being that less situational anxiety gives a better trip.

I would recommend against adding cocaine to mushrooms. Sounds like anxiety hell to me.

Until you are very familiar with the territory, keep the doses of 'shrooms low - under 2 grams is best, and try to avoid polypharmacy. Even weed can cause some strong potentiation - you don't need to have too many surprises with your first trips with shrooms.

Avoid combining "hard" drugs like cocaine/oxycodone/alprazolam with it, too. Cocaine may make you feel better on shrooms for, say, 15 mins tops, but imagine all the ickiness of a cocaine crash combined with the strangeness of mushrooms... you would not be better off!

I would cut out all other drugs while tripping and save weed for after peak 3-4 hours..if u do smoke,use a little.. and 2-2.5 grams of DRIED mush would suffice.all in one dose..redosong is pointless imo.ive always done an 8 and u get tbe full evperience without going nuts.but bave caused short ego death depending on strain

a light meal an hour or 2 before because u wont be hungry during and u need some fuel..not too much food

Last edited:
ideally bring an exp trip sitter, make sure the environment is good, no chance of law or anything showing up. don't overdue it, if they're indoor grown 1/4oz could prolly do 2 people right. take em and get somewhere comfortable within 20-30 min cuz thing "gonna fell jussa bit different" soon. my preference is a private pond or lake to go fishin and/or pickin guitars with friends. private property wont have law driving through. a friend's pond or just woods/hiking trails would work fine, but ideally a concert of your fav band. so long as nothin derails you're trip you'll love it. shrooms are very visual, LSD not always so. Things are gonna be meltin and you may feel like things don't mean what they do. Like I went to a NYE concert with some 50,000 fans there... they dropped the ball, I freaked, and felt like that was the end of time. But then it wasn't and the band played a smoking set after. You'll love it, but be responsible.