• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I need a more vivid experience

I have a few years of experience with psychedelics, mostly LSD. But I keep hearing people say that once you start taking milligram doses of acid, what you're experiencing becomes real at the peak - you're not imagining the pyramids of Giza, you are there, and often aren't even aware there's any reality outside the trip. Well... how do you get to that point?

I'm interested in breakthrough or near-breakthrough doses for the purposes of a meditative exercise I want to attempt. What I'm after is the ability to visualise something so intensely, and with such focus and consistency, that it takes over from reality, and I'm able to hold onto it or at least a few minutes. I'll need some degree of control over the nature of the imagined reality.

But even at doses of up to five grams of mushrooms or six good hits of acid, I've never ended up anywhere close.

I'm looking for meditative exercises, techniques or tricks to try on my next trip, like biannural beats, a mandala to focus on, or a mantra. Also thinking of mixing acid with weed (with enough of it, I can kind of get lost in my imagination) or a dissociative like ketamine. This also sounds right down the track of lucid dreaming, but I find dreams are very slippery things to hold onto. And if any one substance sounded like it would induce this kind of full-body, other world experience, it would be ibogaine - which I'm willing to track down and use just for the purposes of this exercise.

Even if you just have experiences yourself of getting to a state like what I'm describing with psychedelics, I'd really love to hear about it and how you got there. Thanks.

Dude, ibogaine. Ibogaine is the most kick-ass dissociative I have ever tried. You can find some total alkaloid extract and take 300mg or more. I did that on Friday night and the instant I closed my eyes I would immediately enter into a dream, where I was aware I was awake for a while quit the whole thought process becomes in this dream, as if you're there, total awareness but immersion in a new and alien experience. It sounds like the perfect thing for what you're looking for.

I wouldn't take it often but it's really a stellar, top-notch psychedelic, awe-inspiring so. Incredibly immersive, it makes you basically dream while awake. The floodm dose I just took was the peak drug experience of my life.

I'll be writing a trip report about the flood dose of ibogaine plus this 300mg dose 5 days later, might take a while to finish but it will describe in great detail my entire experience, more like a short story.

Combining psychedelic and dissociative effects is the key IMO. Psychedelic drugs can be dissociative on their own and produce full immersion, OOBE, mystical states and breakthrough experiences - DMT is a good example of that. And dissociative drugs don't only dissociate but als have effects on sensory experience...

But if you are not getting full immersion into your visionary experiences, you will need to employ one of several ways to have the mind-manifesting effects override experience and awareness of your surroundings. The right choice of psychedelic and dosage can do that, but meditating on a psychedelic or taking dissociatives on a psychedelic can as well. Purely dissociative holes can be creative fully imaginative immersive experiences, but typically they are also abstract and rather unreal. More than a fantasy world patterns of thought can be wholly different (often feels more like parallel processing, very meta). Which is probably why combining dissociatives and psychedelics can be really crazy and you might wanna start with the lesser ones first before going full on with LSD + K.

Be careful since typically such strong experiences are a package deal: when you wanna go that far, it is often deeply confusing, disturbing and impressive to experience other worlds and being removed from being in touch with 'reality', or better said your actual surroundings. Make sure you pick the set and setting accordingly, and don't just dive right in.

I'd recommend starting with meditation and sensory deprivation on a psychedelic, more natural and balanced that way.

Dude, ibogaine. Ibogaine is the most kick-ass dissociative I have ever tried. You can find some total alkaloid extract and take 300mg or more. I did that on Friday night and the instant I closed my eyes I would immediately enter into a dream, where I was aware I was awake for a while quit the whole thought process becomes in this dream, as if you're there, total awareness but immersion in a new and alien experience. It sounds like the perfect thing for what you're looking for.

I wouldn't take it often but it's really a stellar, top-notch psychedelic, awe-inspiring so. Incredibly immersive, it makes you basically dream while awake. The floodm dose I just took was the peak drug experience of my life.

This makes me very excited to read. <3 I think I'm going to do this soon, I keep hearing nothing but good things about ibogaine. I already have access to it, I just need to make time for it and make sure I feel fit when I do....

Yeah, it's not too intense on your body on reasonable dosages (I have tried 100mg, 1150mg, and 300-350mg - the 300-350 was intensely recreational and visionary, in the dream way I described above. Ibogaine is the perfect psychedelic/dissociative combo, its's easily the most immersive (and immersive without effort) experiences I have ever had. It wasn't even a tiny bit scary either, I am not afraid to take a flood dose again some day.

Also, the visuals open-eye were by far the most convincing and intense I have ever experiences. Utterly breathtaking, some features included my skin being covered in a network of black dots that hovered around and moved like flocks of birds. Whenever I peed, those black dots would gather strong and stronger as the urine moved towards exiting, and then blast down the stream. Weird animals in the sides of my vision at all times, whatever was in my peripheral was going absolutely bonkers. Walking it also hard, it was hard to walk on the 300-350mg dose (but not on 100mg).

A flood dose, though, you do need to take extremely seriously (especially having a sitter - at 300-350mg, I did not need a sitter, I remained aware I was in my room except for when I had been immersed for 5 minutes or more, then I was fully in the other experience, but my flood dose was the peak experience on my life. Literally the craziest and most awesome experience of any kind that I have ever had. 1000 times stronger than any other intoxication I have ever felt.

When I first came to a bit 24 hours after taking the flood dose, I looked around and noticed that all of reality was roaring with a throbbing distortion with jagged, violent-looking purple electricity shooting out between folds everywhere.

And it got my over my addiction too. :) <3 I mean it's only been a week, but I'm clean and I am going to be clean and stay clean, I am 100% committed, it doesn't feel hard anymore, just annoying (dealing with weird restlessness/pain remnants and mental craving attacks). For the 5 days right after I took it, I felt the most perfect I have ever felt in my life, I was so happy it was psychedelic (that and ibogaine, I am still getting tracers at night 8 days later).

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear that lower doses are still quite powerful as well. That's how I was planning to start my relationship with it, I have no urgent reason to take a flood dose.... There are still a lot of other things I'd like to experience before getting to that point as well.

I'm also glad that it helped you with your addiction. :) The main reason I'm seeking it out is for healing purposes as well, just not that kind.... It's largely to work on letting go of pain from my past. Every hallucinogen I've taken so far has helped me learn to let go of stresses in the present, and I'm now becoming a pro at that... but I still have a lot of issues with feeling old hurt by thinking about the past. Everything I've ever heard about ibogaine leads me to believe that it could be the one to help me with this, though I won't say I'm not a little apprehensive of a trip that could do this, because I have some demons....

Those visuals sound really neat too.... I always find visuals to be absolutely fascinating. Those sound like quite a treat. :D

Ibogaine is like the friendliest substance ever. It's not scary at all, the dreams are so gentle and otherworldly, and automatic, especially with the flood dose, you are just somewhere else, being something else, and don't know any different, there is no sense that you're on ibogaine. Even with the ~350mg dose, I would get lost in the dreams after about 10 minutes. Most immersive substance I have tried.

The visuals with open eyes are just jaw-dropping too. It's really probably my favorite psychedelic now, super stellar stuff.

Well you're actually not the first person I've heard say that, so I'm glad to hear more reassurances of this view. :) It sounds like an incredibly fascinating substance. I look forward to working with it. :D