• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I messed up on the phinibut... I worry about the withdraw.

Draygoes

Bluelighter
Yep, so here we go.
I've been taking 10x300 Capsules every day for 11 days. That's 3000 MG of phinibut. I start getting nauseous about 8 to 10 hours after my last dose, and the nausea goes away an hour after I take my next.
What am I looking forward to?
Is this safe to do on my own?
I have a taper idea. I'm thinking of just doing one less capsule every day. So 9x300 tomorrow, 8x300 day two... ect.
EDIT: And I know I'm stupid. You guys warned me.. Please don't make fun if you can help it.

I don't know I have never done it. But the main thing is don't worry !! Someone will be along to help you with more info shortly and just remember.....you are going to be okay. We have a few here that are very smart when it comes to phenibut.

@negrogesic for one. If I think of others I will tag them as well.

11 days isn't really long enough for physical dependence to develop. You may experience some rebound, but that's not the same as withdrawal.

I would just stop or do a very rapid taper over 2-3 days. Doing a slow taper isn't necessary and may develop more dependence.

You might not experience any withdrawal symptoms at all. Thinking about it too much is going to cause undue anxiety.

The nausea could be due to the phenibut itself, it can be very hard on the stomach in high doses.

11 days isn't really long enough for physical dependence to develop. You may experience some rebound, but that's not the same as withdrawal.

I would just stop or do a very rapid taper over 2-3 days. Doing a slow taper isn't necessary and may develop more dependence.
I didn't see only 11 days. Good on you for seeing that.

I just re-read the post. 11 days ?

I have 300 MG capsules that I use 10 of every day.
You were dosing 3 grams of phenibut a day? Glad ya decided to start getting off of them sooner than later. Not the highest dose I have heard of but more than I would/could take. After about a g and 3/4 i get tired af.
best to you on this
peace

Hey @Draygoes don't beat yourself up, I'm in the same boat as you right now actually, but I've been taking it a couple of months.
I would take 5 capsules tomorrow, then 3 then 1 for a few days. If you get withdrawal you can always take more but I agree that 11 days isn't long enough to catch a physical dependance.

Hey @Draygoes welcome to BL.

As has been mentioned, you shouldn’t have developed much of physical dependence over 11 days even if the dose was high.

It might suck for a day or two but my advice is just to stop. It’ll be more your own anxiety making you think you’re in withdrawals but possibly slight rebound. It shouldn’t be too hard at all and just continuing to take them will only add to you gaining a physical dependence.

@Lil'LinaptkSix Yep, and thanks. Thanks for the support.
@axe battler Aww, I wish you the best of luck friend! I'll do that, thank you for the advice.
How much do you use every day?
:)
I use 1.5-2 or occasionally 3g a day, but normally around 1.5. To be fair though, I've only been using normal phenibut a week, but was using f-phenibut for around a month and a half. Not every day though, but I was really worried about the withdrawal that people talked about on BL (chest pains, which I was having but don't know if it was just anxiety or a pulled muscle from weights) so I got 30g of phenibut to taper. I'll taper soon, too. The pains did vanish with the phenibut tho.
You could even just skip the 5 capsules day and just go 3 caps, then 1 cap for a couple of days, and if it gets unbearable you can always take a little more. I highly doubt you'll have too many problems, maybe insomnia and aches and pains for 2-3 days.
Good luck!

I was making the point that 11 days is definitely long enough to get physically dependent on a substance depending on your own physiology.
If you've been addicted to that class of drugs before, yes - it's the kindling effect.
The OP didn't say he's been using phenibut a lot before though, so I think it's best we don't scare him into a panic attack at the first hint of feeling uncomfortable. Using more will likely make him get a dependance.
Tianeptine is quite notorious for giving brutal withdrawal after a short time too. It's apples and oranges imho.

I've used phenibut in very high doses for extended periods, like 14g over 4-5 days, usually in combination with other drugs particularly alcohol.

In my experience there is no rebound effect like benzos. There is no comedown, probably due to its extremely long half life.

I'm honestly surprised someone could use 3g/day without tolerance for a length of time without incurring extreme side effects of overdose.

Taking too much phenibut for too many days results in all sorts of nasty things for me. Dizziness, brain zaps, headaches, blackouts... after a 48 hr phenibut binge I tend to get very odd visual hallucinations no other drug has given me in the form of fractal patterns overlayed on my vision. I've also experienced odd states like being conscious and fluent but unable to remember the date, my name or other basic things.

Phenibut overdose is also the only drug which has given me time constriction. Time dilation is familiar, but constriction was very odd.

Anyways... I don't mess with phenibut anymore as the side effects always outweighed its benefits/fun for me, but I really doubt OP will go through any withdrawal or major comedown from 11 days.

You might experience a bit of rebound anxiety and insomnia for I'd say 3-4 days, and it should clear up quickly after that.

I actually might advise against tapering in this situation as that will mostly likely exacerbate the problem.

Try a gram or so of agmatine every night for a few days.

Also note that withdrawal from phenibut takes far more than 8 hours to manifest. In fact at 8 hours you'll still have near peak blood levels.

Jesus man 3g a day, that a lot of phenibut, I find 750mg -1g to be ideal for me, but Iv never been a benzo or gaba guy…as usual tho snaffy is pretty spot on, I’d listen to him if I were you

Jesus man 3g a day, that a lot of phenibut, I find 750mg -1g to be ideal for me, but Iv never been a benzo or gaba guy…as usual tho snaffy is pretty spot on, I’d listen to him if I were you
Okay, I will do so.
Yeah, for some reason it doesn't even hit me until I'm at 2.4 G, and it gives me a general warmth feeling rather than feeling like a benzo.
Why is that? Isn't this stuff supposed to act like benzos?

Get pregabalin compleatly covers phenibut wd take for a week you wont feel the wd but don't get hooked on pregabalin . Actually i was taking both but stoped phenibut and did not feel a thing .

Okay, I will do so.
Yeah, for some reason it doesn't even hit me until I'm at 2.4 G, and it gives me a general warmth feeling rather than feeling like a benzo.
Why is that? Isn't this stuff supposed to act like benzos?
Not really like benzos so much. It's more like gabapentin. It's really mild IMO, especially after a while. Yubacity is correct, pregabalin is much stronger but the withdrawal is a lot worse.