• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I love to drink but I'm tired of nodding off

20mg

Greenlighter
Of all the drugs I have ever enjoyed, alcohol and ecstasy remain my favorites. That being said I have a love-hate relationship with alcohol; it makes me so damn tired and sleepy I can knock out anywhere and everywhere. Now I've used cocaine and alcohol to combat this before and have received mixed results.

With coke, I can stay awake but the hangover is killer and that shit's too expensive for the little high that you get. (I haven't had good coke since '06.)
And adderall on the other hand works but irregularly and only if taken in advance. For example I nodded off twice the other night on a 30mg XR and a 6 six-pack.

I read somewhere that caffeine is now being manufactured as a powder for insufflation but I could be mistaken. Anyway, I've come to bluelight for most of my safety concerns but now I look to you guys for advice. What can I take to keep drinking and not fall asleep?

Could a mod please move this thread to the appropriate forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mixing caffeine and alcohol is dangerous, but less dangerous than mixing Adderall (amphetamine) [source] and alcohol or cocaine and alcohol. Cocaine and alcohol mixed together produces a drug called cocaethylene which is actually more cardiotoxic than cocaine by itself.

Homeless --> Basic Drug Discussion

dude, if you are falling asleep, its time to stop drinking for the night...drink less, and you wont get so sleepy. real simple...also, taking caffiene the way YOU are describing it is dangerous, yes, but drinking a red bull and vodka or something (as long as its just one or two) may help as well

but seriously, if you are passing out, then you should be done drinking for the night

^Well said. If you're passing out, that means you've had too much to drink. Mixing stimulants in with alcohol is risky, not only because of the heart risks (when you're talking high doses of caffeine and/or cocaine or amphetamines) but also because mixing stimulants allows you to drink more alcohol than you would be able to drink naturally. Alcohol is a dangerous drug by itself.

Be careful...

While I definitely appreciate the concern (kind of what brings me to bluelight in the first place), I can assure you I'm not inebriated when I pass out. It's not like getting really drunk, blacking out, and then nodding off. For example, I'll get a buzz after 3 Coronas when all of a sudden my eyes grow heavy like cinder blocks and I spend the next hour fighting my body's strong desire to call it a night. I'm no lightweight and on rare instances have been known to kill an 18-pack, so I really doubt it's the amount of alcohol being consumed but rather the effect it has on my body/mind?

Well, alcohol is a depressant but after three drinks you shouldn't be getting tired...that is, unless you're drinking when you're already tired.

There are too many factors for me to give you a straight answer here. It sounds like you have a considerable alcohol tolerance after all. I know that if I'm exhausted, a whiskey on the rocks or two will just knock me right out. Depends on the set and setting you're drinking in (of course this applies with all drugs).

If amphetamines don't cut it, neither will insuffalated caffeine -- which is stupid.

Perhaps try nicotine? In larger amounts than smoking, such as dipping tobacco or pure nicotine?

Are you on any prescription medications?

"Doctor, i tried putting my hand on the stove and it burnt like fuck! The next day i tried to soak my hands in water just before, and my hands still burnt like a motherfucker after touching the flaming stove. Why is this so? Is there anything you can give me?"

"Have you tried to STOP touching the stove?"

lol...

I have the same problem. Sometimes I can sink 12 beers in an evening and be watching tv into the early hours no problem and other times I'll drink 3 or 4 and fall asleep watching tv at 8 pm!! It fucking pisses me off...

Well, alcohol is a depressant but after three drinks you shouldn't be getting tired...that is, unless you're drinking when you're already tired.

There are too many factors for me to give you a straight answer here. It sounds like you have a considerable alcohol tolerance after all. I know that if I'm exhausted, a whiskey on the rocks or two will just knock me right out. Depends on the set and setting you're drinking in (of course this applies with all drugs).

While alcohol does knock me out if I'm already tired, I could start drinking right now (midday) and probably feel sleepy in 2 hours of steady drinking. I have tried to slow the rate of consumption and that helps tremendously but its tedious, frustration, and often than not I usually forget and speed up to the same result.

If amphetamines don't cut it, neither will insuffalated caffeine -- which is stupid.

Perhaps try nicotine? In larger amounts than smoking, such as dipping tobacco or pure nicotine?

Are you on any prescription medications?

Used to be a smoker, tried vaping/electronic "cigarette" and really enjoyed it but it became way too much of a hassle to keep up. I've never been prescribed anything. I have an unusually high tolerance (not bluelight unusual, just everyday unusual) for scripts and stimulants. Which is odd because I can't smoke weed at all. I get trapped inside my mind and it's like living in purgatory for 8 hours.

I have the same problem. Sometimes I can sink 12 beers in an evening and be watching tv into the early hours no problem and other times I'll drink 3 or 4 and fall asleep watching tv at 8 pm!! It fucking pisses me off...

Have you found any workaround or are we just doomed to knock out?

Last edited:
I think everyone will give you the same answer. You have tried stims... if that doesn't work why would anything else? There is no magic drug to make you not sleep (sounds like you tried the only one there is)

So drink less.. whats the issue? Why can't one beer be enough of two? I get that frustration but wouldn't you enjoy your self more being awake and not drinking as much then trying to counter the sleepiness with hard core drugs?

BTW do you get enough sleep? That can mess with you

xxsicknesssxx has just, "/thread"ed this thread.

I get trapped inside my mind and it's like living in purgatory for 8 hours.

Honestly, can you elaborate? I'm always interested, psychologically and relevant to my work, why some people have "paradoxical reactions" to cannabis. Your explanation is interesting. How is it like to be trapped in the mind? I feel like I am trapped in mind but that this is normal?

Good luck! Maybe try just doing the e-cigs again.

I don't know, man.

Have you found any workaround or are we just doomed to knock out?[/QUOTE]

Nope, my keg of homebrew was ready yesterdday so tonight i'll have a heavy drinking session after work and see how it goes. I wanna stay awake this time, the amount of quality tv i've missed lol

I think everyone will give you the same answer. You have tried stims... if that doesn't work why would anything else? There is no magic drug to make you not sleep (sounds like you tried the only one there is)

So drink less.. whats the issue? Why can't one beer be enough of two? I get that frustration but wouldn't you enjoy your self more being awake and not drinking as much then trying to counter the sleepiness with hard core drugs?

BTW do you get enough sleep? That can mess with you

I've always wanted to try ephedra ever since it got banned back in '06(?) I don't mind having to add another drug to the mix if it'll compliment the evening well but with the exception of cocaine and the rightly-timed adderall pill I haven't found anything else to work. I just hate missing out on all the drunken debauchery my mates and I could be having if I wasn't always the one passing out. As for the sleep, I get about 6 hours of sleep a night but I could be living with sleep apnea and just not know. Also whenever I drink, especially when heavily, I wake up tired regardless of how many hours I got. I just read an article that stated it is because when we sleep drunk our minds never enter REM sleep. I've since decided not to drink during the week.

xxsicknesssxx has just, "/thread"ed this thread.

Honestly, can you elaborate? I'm always interested, psychologically and relevant to my work, why some people have "paradoxical reactions" to cannabis. Your explanation is interesting. How is it like to be trapped in the mind? I feel like I am trapped in mind but that this is normal?

Good luck! Maybe try just doing the e-cigs again.

I don't know, man.

Very much appreciate the genuine effort you've given mate. Thanks for that. To answer your question: I couldn't really explain it enough/well without being high; I'm sure you understand. After all the years of using and describing how drugs make you feel, I recently came to the conclusion that you can't really tell someone how a drug feels. It's probably similar to how the mind alters the memory of childbirth in women to make it possible for women to procreate again. I don't know.

Anyway... I guess you could call it extreme self-doubt. I'm a pretty confident and social dude. Put me in a room with a group of people and I'll make at least one friend. I'm fairly intelligent and love to learn. But when I smoke, I become anti-social. I have no desire or possibly lack the ability to talk or interact with other people including my closest friends. I question every movement, every word, every action. An example of one of the countless internal monologues: I'll think about my swallowing (is my throat too dry, am I swallowing too hard, am I swallowing too frequently, can other people hear me swallow, does it bother them, should I do it less, why am I thinking about swallowing so damn much, I should stop...) and while these thoughts seem trivial I am paralyzed by them, they consume my every being and I can't stop thinking about them. If my concentration is broken by someone asking me a question or having to go somewhere I'm not, I'll be completely lost as to how to respond or move (Which route should I take, why did I get up weird, am I waking normal?) Sorry if the explanation is confusing but it's hard to explain especially via message board.

Nope, my keg of homebrew was ready yesterdday so tonight i'll have a heavy drinking session after work and see how it goes. I wanna stay awake this time, the amount of quality tv i've missed lol

The best of luck to ya! If you don't mind post the results or PM me.

While this is not in the interest of harm reduction- you could always try doing a nice thickk rail or a few tokes of some methamphetamine. If that doesn't keep you awake, while being cost effective- you should stop drinking all together. If that doesn't work very few things ever will.
You don't need to go doing this though, I'm just trying to make the point that drinking may not be something you can do.

That's a good explanation, mate. Sounds similar to my friend.

This is what cannabis is.. some people can handle it/like it, some people can't. What you said reminds me of being high but mine isn't quite so dysphoric.

dude, just stop fucking drinking.

Please go troll someplace else. You've already voiced your opinion, no need to reiterate. Message was received and respectfully disregarded.

That's a good explanation, mate. Sounds similar to my friend.

This is what cannabis is.. some people can handle it/like it, some people can't. What you said reminds me of being high but mine isn't quite so dysphoric.

Yeah I imagine that's how being high can feel for other people I'm just so surprised that people actually enjoy it. I'd much rather drink, pop, snort, or roll.

It's your loss. Nothing you do will stop you from nodding out, no other drug will help longterm and you will end up with two addictions. Imo continuing to drink is idiotic, naive, and insane. You fit the definition of being crazy by trying to do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You are crazy...have a good life, that is if you are lucky enough to live for another year

I know this is archived, but I thought it was an interesting topic.

I've experienced close to full narcolepsy on beer before - not liquor or wine - and always put it down to stored up tiredness. Friend of mine suggested avoiding anything hoppy, as hops are cousins of cannabis. Hey presto, no more falling asleep randomly.

Also agree that a bit of good quality tobacco or a line will get you through a forced long session / dip in form.