• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quinoline (and isoquinoline for that matter) are aromatic hydrocarbons, generally Not Good Stuff to expose yourself to in more-than-trace amounts. They are certainly not very "druglike"...

Also, isoquinoline is not the same as quinoline :)

I noted the unpleasant nature of isoquinoline & quinoline also. I certainly would take a pass on ingesting any aromatic no matter what it tasted like.

Isoquinoline is sold by Amazon but quinoline is not. Sorry if I wasn't clear about their not being identical. Just an interesting note about their availability & biological activity.

Last edited:
Interesting paper on dealkylating quatenary ammonium salts using ethanolamines:

I missed that lasted posts. very interesting indeed. It looks like it is the best route to go .. but I wonder why nobody has looked at starting with dirt cheap indole-3-acetic acid and dimethylamine. IAA is a plant hormones used in agriculture.. as cheap as table salt, or almost! google it ). you can see how easy it would be to get to dmt.. but then again no synthesis talk on BL.. so back to ring restricted pinoline-type DMT analogs: It turns out they're actually Monoamine relasers (more serotonergic than DA/NE so possibly emptathogen like mdma!! kind of surprising but interesting considering that pinoline is an endogenous molecule (could it be the natural empathy-stimulating molecule in humans.. who knows?. Some of the betacarbolines congeners are too polar to cross the blood brain barriers but some are incredibly potent serotonin releaser like the 5-hydroxy-THBC (Ki less 5 nM!! ) according to this paper (a bit old but worth to study..
Tetrahydro-beta-carbolines and corresponding tryptamines: In vitro inhibition of serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline uptake in rat brain synaptosomes.
Acta Pharmacol Toxicol (Copenh).
1980 Apr;46(4):299-307.

The route from IAA to DMT would likely involve reduction with LAH, which is no cup of tea & a good way to start a fire withe volatile ethers involved & the need for strictly anhydrous conditions. Drug labs are usually uncovered by the police after the FD has finished up putting out your house fire. In my experience, the PD always responds to FD calls.

Last edited:
Syrian Rue itself (whole plant) does not seem to be available but the seeds are from a number of online sellers. There is one if these folks who sells the extracted harmane alkaloids, which are potent MAOI-A inhibitors. A lot less work & a lot prettier (but more expensive) to let him do the extraction/isolation. Pix in his listings look like bona fide stuff (fine yellow powders) & the number of sales listed indicate that he has had a lot of satisfied customers.

Harmane.jpg

A note of caution about using & abusing these ethnochemicals:

Peganum harmala, commonly called "Syrian rue," is native to countries around the Mediterranean sea and western United States. Known for its sedative effects when consumed by farm animals, its seeds have stimulant and hallucinogenic effects at low doses (3-4 g when eaten) in humans. Its active ingredients harmaline and harmine have monoamine oxidase inhibitor properties. A 41-year-old female prepared a hot drink by boiling approximately 100 g of P. harmala seeds in water (10-20 times the recommended dose for "calming one's nerves"). Upon presentation to the emergency department, she was unconscious and had hypertension, tachycardia, and tachypnea. Hepatic and renal function markers were grossly elevated. After intubation, she improved with supportive care over the course of five days. Her level of consciousness, renal and hepatic markers gradually returned to normal. Poisoning with high doses of Peganum harmala can be life-threatening, although patients usually recover with supportive therapy alone.
(PDF) Syrian rue tea: A recipe for disaster. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/23268202_Syrian_rue_tea_A_recipe_for_disaster [accessed Sep 03 2018].

Last edited:
The route from IAA to DMT would likely involve reduction with LAH, which is no cup of tea & a good way to start a fire withe volatile ethers involved & the need for strictly anhydrous conditions. Drug labs are usually uncovered by the police after the FD has finished up putting out your house fire. In my experience, the PD always responds to FD calls.
Actually you wouldnt really need LAH for that: NaBH4+cat LiCl would do just fine (actual reducing agent is LiBH4, if you can get your hand on it, but you don't need to, cat LiCl with nabh4 would work fine).. not the best of yield but easy to separate pure final product+ you wont blwo up the neighborhood!!..Yea man! no synthesis talk allowed on BL but for the sake of safety since you mentioned LAH in case somebody reading your post got the idea. Of course, LAH is the best for this purpose but in a lab setting not for kitchen chemists.. isn't it what they use for rocket fuel in space shuttle?? (That shit once ignites in my face when I forgot to close the lid for a few minutes.. lucky I was wearing goggles !!!

Syrian Rue itself (whole plant) does not seem to be available but the seeds are from a number of online sellers. There is one if these folks who sells the extracted harmane alkaloids, which are potent MAOI-A inhibitors. A lot less work & a lot prettier (but more expensive) to let him do the extraction/isolation. Pix in his listings look like bona fide stuff (fine yellow powders) & the number of sales listed indicate that he has had a lot of satisfied customers.
Harmane.jpg

A note of caution about using & abusing these ethnochemicals:

Peganum harmala, commonly called "Syrian rue," is native to countries around the Mediterranean sea and western United States. Known for its sedative effects when consumed by farm animals, its seeds have stimulant and hallucinogenic effects at low doses (3-4 g when eaten) in humans. Its active ingredients harmaline and harmine have monoamine oxidase inhibitor properties. A 41-year-old female prepared a hot drink by boiling approximately 100 g of P. harmala seeds in water (10-20 times the recommended dose for "calming one's nerves"). Upon presentation to the emergency department, she was unconscious and had hypertension, tachycardia, and tachypnea. Hepatic and renal function markers were grossly elevated. After intubation, she improved with supportive care over the course of five days. Her level of consciousness, renal and hepatic markers gradually returned to normal. Poisoning with high doses of Peganum harmala can be life-threatening, although patients usually recover with supportive therapy alone.
(PDF) Syrian rue tea: A recipe for disaster
. Available from:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/23268202_Syrian_rue_tea_A_recipe_for_disaster
[accessed Sep 03 2018].

Unlike the Carbolines such as Harmine and the dihydrocarbolines (like Harmaline and Harmalol) that are MAO inhibitors, the tetrahydrocarbolines (THBCs) like tetrahydroharmine or pinoline are not. Pinoline is about 1000x less as MAO inhibitor than the monounsaturated and fully oxidized carbolines (will dig out refs on that later).

On the other hand, iirc unlike the THBCs, carbolines and dihydrocarbolines are not monoamines releaser/reuptake inhibitor ??? correct me if I am wrong tho. I cant find any study on that. Almost all focus on their MAO activity They look similar (chemical structure wise) but they have distinct pharmacology. I would think THBCs would be more like DMT but apparently they're also somehow like MDMA I mean in terms of serotonergic/da/net releasing ratios.. So possibly they'll be like a DMT/MDMA combination in effect.. but who knows? .. oh BTW, as I mentioned they're robustly neurogenic like LSD, DOM or noribogaine .. I mean pinoline but not harmaline or harmine.

edit: that woman who OD'ed on Syrian rue harmala was actually lucky. She probably was not taking any other medication (and/or foods like cheese) containing groups (amines) that are detoxify by MAO. If she's eaten cheese (containing Tyramine) MAO inhibition might shoot up concentration of its brain tyramine and all sort of amines. Cheese might get her pretty high, I mean psychotic high because of the tyramine. But could be brain dead or worse..

Last edited:
Jacksin-if LibGen is blocked for you,try connecting through TOR. LibGen is blocked in the UK by court orders aimed at ISPs, bunch of bastards.

But you can just connect via TORbrowser and if its still blocked, then you only need to switch a new TOR circuit for the site, until the exit node isn't one located in the UK

Unlike the Carbolines such as Harmine and the dihydrocarbolines (like Harmaline and Harmalol) that are MAO inhibitors, the tetrahydrocarbolines (THBCs) like tetrahydroharmine or pinoline are not. Pinoline is about 1000x less as MAO inhibitor than the monounsaturated and fully oxidized carbolines (will dig out refs on that later).

On the other hand, iirc unlike the THBCs, carbolines and dihydrocarbolines are not monoamines releaser/reuptake inhibitor ??? correct me if I am wrong tho. I cant find any study on that. Almost all focus on their MAO activity They look similar (chemical structure wise) but they have distinct pharmacology. I would think THBCs would be more like DMT but apparently they're also somehow like MDMA I mean in terms of serotonergic/da/net releasing ratios.. So possibly they'll be like a DMT/MDMA combination in effect.. but who knows? .. oh BTW, as I mentioned they're robustly neurogenic like LSD, DOM or noribogaine .. I mean pinoline but not harmaline or harmine.

edit: that woman who OD'ed on Syrian rue harmala was actually lucky. She probably was not taking any other medication (and/or foods like cheese) containing groups (amines) that are detoxify by MAO. If she's eaten cheese (containing Tyramine) MAO inhibition might shoot up concentration of its brain tyramine and all sort of amines. Cheese might get her pretty high, I mean psychotic high because of the tyramine. But could be brain dead or worse..

I've been in emergency rooms a number of times & they don't make for 'fun' evenings.

Jacksin-if LibGen is blocked for you,try connecting through TOR. LibGen is blocked in the UK by court orders aimed at ISPs, bunch of bastards.

But you can just connect via TORbrowser and if its still blocked, then you only need to switch a new TOR circuit for the site, until the exit node isn't one located in the UK

Sci-Hub worked the first time for me & I was amazed to get free access to full-image ACS journal articles that they would normally charge you $35 for. They put a lot of money into their journals & are very jealous of their copyrights. As more & more libraries go digital, the value of their storehouse of articles only increases.

As far as Lib-Gen goes, I have neither the time nor inclination to develop a second method for getting what I can already get via Sci-Hub.

Last edited:
imagefly.cgi

The NN-dipropyl analog of above compound is a dopaminergic antagonist trialed in phase I as antipsychotic and then discontinued.. probably the volunteers were hallucinating!! .. looks like the one you drew

There are 4 isomers of pyrrolopyridines but I didn't see any that had hallucinogenic effects. As far as the
N_N-dimethyl-2-_1_H-pyrrolo_2_3-b_pyridin-3-yl_ethan-1-amine.jpg
pyridyl analogs of phenethylamines, check PIKHAL. For the tryptamines, check TIKHAL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.