• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals I like Calamus root

little rush of euphoria at 00.48:
00.56: the queasyness is gone but it's exchanged by a slight heavy feeling and general sense of acidic stomach, but not to the point of using anything to solve it, I feel mostly OK. I would say I feel pretty good. My sweat smells so foul which is typical of stims, this feels pretty stim like, a bit like low dose 3-mmc without the dopamine rush. The serotonin-like psychedelic glow is there. I do all things slower, like I don't give a fuck, feeling pretty relaxed physically, like I could have a nap, but mentally very stimulated. Silence appreciation (calamus signature in my opinion) it's very noticeable. I have a feeling of acceptance and gratitude, typical of serotonin releasers or phenylethylamines. The eroticism keeps increased, but not like 2C-C or 3-MMC, more spiritual sided, like mescaline.

01.30 to 02.20: stabilized feeling of pleasant stimulation, calmness and anti-anxiety effects, smooth psychedelic mindset with vision enhancement (but not visuals)...
having a shower was very nice, I had several deep thoughts, introspective feelings, more than social urges. I got a bit sad when thinking about different current issues in my life, but I could manage that easily due to the body high and mindset. Going outside to the outer terrace is great, the wind is blowing softly, feels mdma-ish but not very strong, more empathogen like than psychedelic, but clearly a phenethylamine feeling. No nausea or acidic feelings whatsoever.

I must note some differences between my experience at the moment and 69ron's one. For him the experience was more psychedelic and had some minor visuals, he is very sensitive but I don't think that's the main issue but probably he got fresher calamus or he had (very likely) Acorus Americanus instead of Acorus Calamus (european, Poland in my case). Seems that A. Americanus is more psychedelic than the european counterpart. Another difference is that he felt that it was completely stimulating and not sedating or anxyolitic at all, this is not being my case but the 3grams ashwa and haritaki could have changed some stuff.. I felt it was very stimulating at first and it keeps being mentally stimulating but while not sedating it has a serotonin glow that makes it very anxyolitic and somewhat sedating in terms of not wanting to do so many physical stuff. I should warn that different calamus that grow in different parts of the world (even in the same (big) countries) can have very different compounds or at least ratio of compounds, like kratom, so the effects can be quite different.

In anycase there's a very important thing to notice: 12 grams acetone washed seems to be completely nausea free, so the emetic compound seems to be isolated by acetone, and at least some interesting actives are kept.
This feels like a nootropic empathogen with a psychedelic hint in its headspace.
Will report back at 3.00 to 4.00h

ok, so I think I'm at the end of the story.
i would surely do it again, but with different material, like A.Americanus or perhaps 15-20g acetone washed extracted recent material, without vinegar.
hours 3.00 to 4.00 and 4.00 to 6.00 have been similar. At first clear steady euphoria with a very noticeable sense of serotonin peace a very mental stimulation, some body glow similar to mescaline but much lighter. Time passed fast, I wasn't doing so much, I mean, I was procrastinating in a way, but not feeling bad about it. I have an strange situation today with my ex and in some other day it would have been quite disastrous, today I consider it important, but not really, I could see it from a psychological distance.
now it's a bit more relaxed, not as stimulating but not sedating, a bit dissociative like which is typical of calamus sometimes.
Seems a pretty distinct experience compared to calamus on its own. I had absolutely no stomach discomfort in terms of nausea. Just the acidic crap of too much vinegar, but it wasn't bad at all.

I think higher/fresher doses or the Americanus variety could deliver light psychedelic effects as the introspective mental stimulation, sense enhancement and thought/perception changes are subtle but clear and all point to a psychedelic experience that's about to happen. This could be just a nootropic enhancement but something resembling light breathing on walls/ceiling makes me think it's more a 5-HT2a agonism thing....

Will update here if this has any feedback..

Hi there guys, it's me again, last post (of mine) on this thread at least till new experiments..
it's +08:00 and there's still VERY noticeable effects, this shit it's STRONG, whatever the actives are water soluble and not acetone soluble are very very potent or at least very long lasting.
There's a very obvious focus, a relaxing serotonin-like laser focus.. I know it sounds contradictory, but it's how I see LSD too, as a seroton-y laser focus.
For that reason I think that there must be some 5-ht2a activity but it can also be some MAOi activity that last quite long along with some other stuff potentiated by the MAOi, who knows.

When I was for a walk, an hour ago, I thought the effects were gone... I was quite wrong. When having the walk all was super intense and clear, very similar to when you're ending a psychedelic journey, you want things to be "normal" again but all it's just too intense and detailed to be considered "normal" yet. You cannot miss that, it's just too real. It was something similar, not super strong but very clearly non-placebo. The "guiris" (tourists) were so crispy clear, so detailed, I could almost see their souls and intentions when watching them, they seemed more human to me than usually (light empathogen qualities).
The headspace was progressively more dream-like, more similar to LSA or mescaline/2C-C than other stuff, but more electric and nootropic/racetamic like, so more stimulating in some way.

I'm my opinion this test has been a success, and for me means that I would keep researching the power of Acorus varieties and forms.

Good stuff, been interested in calamus root, and some of these other natural occurring substances. I think I may start gathering some of the write ups that neurobrain and G_Chem post and keep them in one area. Keep them organized. I started doing that with Chris Timothy and amanitas. There are some substances here that have been written off in the past. But we all know how that goes. Salvia was written off years ago until Daniel Siebert revisited it. And I suspect some of that might happen here too so thank you for writing the stuff up guys.

Good stuff, been interested in calamus root, and some of these other natural occurring substances. I think I may start gathering some of the write ups that neurobrain and G_Chem post and keep them in one area. Keep them organized. I started doing that with Chris Timothy and amanitas. There are some substances here that have been written off in the past. But we all know how that goes. Salvia was written off years ago until Daniel Siebert revisited it. And I suspect some of that might happen here too so thank you for writing the stuff up guys.
My plan is doing that with several plants, some quite unknown. Next one will be with kanna, and growing kanna and aizoaceae family. I also want to grow Khat and varieties of Erythroxylum

same with with some nootropics and RCs if I find the time and money..
Thanks for the info, I will try to check that out in the search bar!!