• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I know it's not the same, but trying to compare Dexedrine to Methamphetamine

I think the difference between meth and dextroamphetamine is meth has a exaggerated high stigma and dextroamphetamine has a understated high stigma. Because, i think its most obvious the differences when you look at different classes of people. For example in third world countries meth is extremely dominant. In the poorer areas like in rural america and inner cities meth is strongly dominate. I live in a middle class area and dextroamphetamine is dominate and meth usersbare seen as junkies or lazy ir tryn get buzzed but noone wouldnsee a prob with poppingna few adderall from anfriend for 20 bucks to study or club. And if i go into the richer areas its almost entirely dextroamphetamine and ifni takena drive to the lower income areas its almost entirely meth. Now i can tell you for a factnalot of the meth users sure work alot harder and alot have multiple jobs. I think given unlimited funds meth and dextroamphetamine can get younto the same place. But due to issues of purities unknown doses less access to medical care ect. The issues associated with meth make it seem more like a public health crisis and people are likely to label them as problematic addicts and junkies

Great answers. A lot has to do with public opinion and stigmas. I am more then happy sticking with Dexedrine. Pharmaceutical grade. Not over stimulating. IMO, better safety profile.
Shit, a lot of folks don't know what dextroamphetamine even is. It works for me.

:\ SK...A friend suggested trying her Dex, as I have lost ALL hope in finding relief for pain/depression. I'm at a point where I just don't want to "be" any more.

It's not "fair" for me, or my husband of 36 years. I want to either LIVE or die...not just exist in pain and misery.

My friend with Dex is literally watching as her husband (my bestie) dies (end stage prostate cancer). She says she would not be able to get out of bed every day without her "motivation" pill.

Dixichik I cleared my inbox sorry about that

I agree I have zero desire to use meth given access to dextroamphetamine. I think people do know about but people don't consider it a high cause your not retarded

Curiously, I've read several reports where people have found meth to have a "smoother" or "cleaner" feel than dextroamphetamine, with fewer unpleasant side-effects such as anxiety.

By "meth" I think you are referring to ice instead of desoxyn. On a milligram to milligram basis, dextroamphetamine and ice methamphetamine are comparable. But meth's N-methyl group makes it get into your brain better (kind of like heroin versus morphine), producing a very focused high. Otherwise, dex and meth are both pretty much your standard, strongly-stimulating amphetamine highs, but meth is more in your face and pushy I would say. And it lasts longer and is slower to develop tolerance issues. It's corrosive AF though and overall bad for your body.

DixiChik:

All in all.. I think some kind of sedative, without any stimulants, like valium, klonopin or any long acting benzos on days your not feeling happy, would be a much better option, as long as you take them sparingly and don't get addicted to them aka don't take them everyday.. that is a hard thing to kick. Have you tried any other non-narcotic meds like SSRIs? or SNRIs? and then there is always just good old weed, the all around best and safest thing you can do for depression/anxiety and even pain, in some instances.. THC is harmless, as long as you don't smoke blunts everyday, or joints.. they are somewhat harmful.. blunts especially. But bowls, bongs, vapes, etc. anything that doesn't require more than just weed/thc and a lighter pretty much, is rather safe... and much better all around for the issues you say your having, than I would imagine Dexedrine to be.. now I could be entirely wrong as I haven't tried just dextro-amphetamine before aka Dexedrine.. just Adderall when it comes to pharm stimulant meds, which I take daily and know is not TOO far off from dex, as it is 75% dex-amp and only 25% levo-amp, the only thing making them(Dexedrine and Adderall) really different at all, being the l-amp salts.. I have heard both that the two drugs are very much alike, and that some like Adderall better than dex, while others like dex better than adds.. I would love to try dex, but don't know one person who has it, friend or street connect wise.. and my doctor pretty much said, no way when I asked her to try it recently after taking Adderall 20mg IRs for a year now, I kind of just want to see if there is anything more helpful and experiment with other stim. ADHD meds, than just Adderall, never knowing how they affect me and my ADHD.. she said if I need something else, I need to see a psychiatrist.. she is my sub doctor, so her giving be Adderall along with subs and klonopin as well, is already pretty generous as a sub doctor.. and she and I have a good relationship, that I will not be risking.. but one day, I would love to see how dex and Adderall compare, through my point of view, not just what I have heard so much about it.. and Ritalin, and focalin, desoxyn.. etc.. I want to try all of them just to know if Adderall is really the best thing for the type of ADHD I have..

I wouldn't just hop on Dexedrine before trying other drugs, better geared toward your issues.. any stimulant no matter what, does come with a comedown.. which will make you the most depressed person you have ever been, to put it blunt.. well most of the stims I have tried do anyways, coke being the worst, especially when smoked/IVed.. I have never tried meth of any kind, so I don't know anything about that.. just know that Adderall, does have a shitty comedown, and I would imagine Dexedrine to have one as well, its not TOO bad.. but for someone who is already depressed, which I am not at all, and still get depressed, with nothing to take for the comedown, I don't think it would be the best option, just assuming Dexedrine is similar to Adderall when it comes to the comedown, when it wears off.. If you do try it, have some kind of sedative on hand for the comedown, please! you will need it, most likely.. Adderall, compared to coke and mdma, is nothing, especially since I also take klonopin all day with it.. so it isn't too bad at all with the kpin, but without sedatives like my klonopins.. if I even take a 5mg piece of my Adderall, I am super uneasy, edgy, and hate it.. it turns me into a depressed and angry person, when normally I am not.. without my kpins..

I don't know, everyone is very different with stimulant meds like that.. and like I said, most of those meds are solely geared toward people with ADD/ADHD and narcolepsy.. except for the rare, other things they are sometimes prescribed for.. as they effect everyone so differently.. anyways, hope you find something that helps with your depression/pain issues.. good luck with finding the right med..

Last edited:
By "meth" I think you are referring to ice instead of desoxyn. On a milligram to milligram basis, dextroamphetamine and ice methamphetamine are comparable. But meth's N-methyl group makes it get into your brain better (kind of like heroin versus morphine), producing a very focused high. Otherwise, dex and meth are both pretty much your standard, strongly-stimulating amphetamine highs, but meth is more in your face and pushy I would say. And it lasts longer and is slower to develop tolerance issues. It's corrosive AF though and overall bad for your body.

I guess I forgot to mention that. I have been comparing to real clean Ice. No garbage. The best kind.

Ya I guess you gotta define strength. For example, fentanyl is much stronger than Heroin, dose-equivalent, but in terms of effects it is way weaker, because all opioid enthusiasts prefer Heroin. I never tried meth but judging from the papers I read, taking meth is the same as taking Dexedrine with some cocaine. For what I'm doing, I cannot tolerate the extra serotonin from meth.

DixiChik:

All in all.. I think some kind of sedative, without any stimulants, like valium, klonopin or any long acting benzos on days your not feeling happy, would be a much better option, as long as you take them sparingly and don't get addicted to them aka don't take them everyday.. that is a hard thing to kick. Have you tried any other non-narcotic meds like SSRIs? or SNRIs? and then there is always just good old weed, the all around best and safest thing you can do for depression/anxiety and even pain, in some instances.. THC is harmless, as long as you don't smoke blunts everyday, or joints.. they are somewhat harmful.. blunts especially. But bowls, bongs, vapes, etc. anything that doesn't require more than just weed/thc and a lighter pretty much, is rather safe... and much better all around for the issues you say your having, than I would imagine Dexedrine to be.. now I could be entirely wrong as I haven't tried just dextro-amphetamine before aka Dexedrine.. just Adderall when it comes to pharm stimulant meds, which I take daily and know is not TOO far off from dex, as it is 75% dex-amp and only 25% levo-amp, the only thing making them(Dexedrine and Adderall) really different at all, being the l-amp salts.. I have heard both that the two drugs are very much alike, and that some like Adderall better than dex, while others like dex better than adds.. I would love to try dex, but don't know one person who has it, friend or street connect wise.. and my doctor pretty much said, no way when I asked her to try it recently after taking Adderall 20mg IRs for a year now, I kind of just want to see if there is anything more helpful and experiment with other stim. ADHD meds, than just Adderall, never knowing how they affect me and my ADHD.. she said if I need something else, I need to see a psychiatrist.. she is my sub doctor, so her giving be Adderall along with subs and klonopin as well, is already pretty generous as a sub doctor.. and she and I have a good relationship, that I will not be risking.. but one day, I would love to see how dex and Adderall compare, through my point of view, not just what I have heard so much about it.. and Ritalin, and focalin, desoxyn.. etc.. I want to try all of them just to know if Adderall is really the best thing for the type of ADHD I have..

I wouldn't just hop on Dexedrine before trying other drugs, better geared toward your issues.. any stimulant no matter what, does come with a comedown.. which will make you the most depressed person you have ever been, to put it blunt.. well most of the stims I have tried do anyways, coke being the worst, especially when smoked/IVed.. I have never tried meth of any kind, so I don't know anything about that.. just know that Adderall, does have a shitty comedown, and I would imagine Dexedrine to have one as well, its not TOO bad.. but for someone who is already depressed, which I am not at all, and still get depressed, with nothing to take for the comedown, I don't think it would be the best option, just assuming Dexedrine is similar to Adderall when it comes to the comedown, when it wears off.. If you do try it, have some kind of sedative on hand for the comedown, please! you will need it, most likely.. Adderall, compared to coke and mdma, is nothing, especially since I also take klonopin all day with it.. so it isn't too bad at all with the kpin, but without sedatives like my klonopins.. if I even take a 5mg piece of my Adderall, I am super uneasy, edgy, and hate it.. it turns me into a depressed and angry person, when normally I am not.. with my kpins..

I don't know, everyone is very different with stimulant meds like that.. and like I said, most of those meds are solely geared toward people with ADD/ADHD and narcolepsy.. except for the rare, other things they are sometimes prescribed for.. as they effect everyone so differently.. anyways, hope you find something that helps with your depression/pain issues.. good luck with finding the right med..

Dixi dear, IDK how your insurance works, but, if possible, either get your primary or, if you have one, psych doc, to do a genetic test on you.

My doctor pulled out a mouth swab and did my cheek. Next visit, she told me so much stuff, it wasn't funny.

Here is an example. Out of every benzodiazepine (at least the common ones, I am most sensitive to Valium. My brain likes real classical amphetamines, doesn't like cathinones, stuff like that. Genetic testing is the way to go. From how the doctor put it, you can find out what's going to work the best for you.

Any serious browsers out there, want to cut red tape?

Get a genetic test. With enough research, you can dial in your medication.

Back to the amphetamine thing. Has anyone taken SAMe with their amphetamines. I have not tried it yet, but SAMe donates methyl groups.

I don't know how, but I would assume that a "combination of the two" ( good song by Big Brother and the Holding Company) would have additive effects. Anyone try this?

SAMe is also super good for the liver and has a positive effect on depression.

Ya I guess you gotta define strength. For example, fentanyl is much stronger than Heroin, dose-equivalent, but in terms of effects it is way weaker, because all opioid enthusiasts prefer Heroin. I never tried meth but judging from the papers I read, taking meth is the same as taking Dexedrine with some cocaine. For what I'm doing, I cannot tolerate the extra serotonin from meth.

That is a part I forgot to consider. The seratonin aspect. Besides methylation, seratonin might be what's missing.

NOTHING is stronger and longer-lasting than methamphetmaine in regards to stimulants. Adderall (mix of 4 dextroamp salts) tends to give much more euphoria and peripheral side effects in comparison to Dexedrine which is void of a few of the salts in Adderall combos.

Meth is in a whole league of its own. I've only tried it a handful of times (never again), and the last time I tried it I had a tolerance of 200mgs of Adderall a day and a few hits of glass out of a pipe had me WIDE awake for over 3 days....

You're basic difference is that methamphetamine is going to be more dopaminergic, more serotonergic, and less noradrenergic. This should equate to a cleaner "high" and probably more euphoria at lower doses. There are also some differences between the specific regions of the brain in which they're most active.

For some people, methamphetamine may work better for treating an attention deficit while amphetamine may work better for others. However, it's easy to see why methamphetamine would be the drug of choice for recreational users, and im sure it's serotonergic activities will play a role in making it a little more addictive.

IMO, methamphetamine is probably underprescribed due to addiction liability/stigma.

You're basic difference is that methamphetamine is going to be more dopaminergic, more serotonergic, and less noradrenergic. This should equate to a cleaner "high" and probably more euphoria at lower doses. There are also some differences between the specific regions of the brain in which they're most active.

For some people, methamphetamine may work better for treating an attention deficit while amphetamine may work better for others. However, it's easy to see why methamphetamine would be the drug of choice for recreational users, and im sure it's serotonergic activities will play a role in making it a little more addictive.

IMO, methamphetamine is probably underprescribed due to addiction liability/stigma.

Spot on with this post...Meth is very serotonergic in comparison to d-amp. One small meth binge (after 4 years of not using it) caused me to have the infamous "brain zaps" so infamously attached to withdrawals from compounds like SSRI's and SNRIs

To get the full blown serotonergic effects from meth, you have to mainline like 250 mg at once, though a lot of dope fiends shoot up 2x that amount to get their fix.

And even super clean ice will burn sores in your mouth if you do like an "8-ball" (supposedly 3.5 grams but usually less than that on the street) in, say, 3 days, so it's still corrosive as fuck, to quote myself.

To get the full blown serotonergic effects from meth, you have to mainline like 250 mg at once, though a lot of dope fiends shoot up 2x that amount to get their fix.

And even super clean ice will burn sores in your mouth if you do like an "8-ball" (supposedly 3.5 grams but usually less than that on the street) in, say, 3 days, so it's still corrosive as fuck, to quote myself.

It's signficantly more serotonergic than amphetamine regardless of dose.

I mean these people would look like they were really rolling after doing a shot. I guess meth feels a little more focused and calm than amphetamine at lower dosage levels but serotonergic?

Hey, I've got a question about meth. Is there still independent anhydrous ammonia in the finished product of methamphetamine? And if not, once the drug is metabolized in your system, is anhydrous ammonia a byproduct of that process?
The reason I ask is because all the times I've expiramented with this drug, my tongue would get very swollen and if I stuck my tongue out of my mouth I noticed a very strong and seemingly unmistakable smell of ammonia. Thanks
* I apologize if this is an inappropriate thread to ask this question. I searched keywords relevant to the topic and this seemed like the most relevant thread*

No, if you get a good batch, all the anhydrous ammonia will be long gone. I think it's the nitrogen in the meth itself that's responsible for the tongue irritation