• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I know it's not the same, but trying to compare Dexedrine to Methamphetamine

Speed King

Bluelighter
I forgot the conversion ratio, but I know dextroamphetamine has plenty of base amphetamine in it. My only question is does anyone have a rough idea on how strong dextroamphetamine is compared to meth? All comments are fine.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean with strong?
A therapeutic dosage of dextroamphetamine is like 5-60mg while a therapeutic dosage for desoxyn is like 5-25mg so I guess meth is like twice as potent

I agree based on what papers I've read with rats generally meth is about twice as potent. However this is assuming you can some how knock how many mg of meth is in something like desoxyn.

I think one of the major factors that makes methamphetamine so much more reinforcing is the manner in which it is used. For example smoking cigs delivers only tiny amounts of nicotine like 1 mg per cig but with each puff there is a immediate effect on the brain making it much more addicting then way higher doses say as a patch over 24 hours. If you say take Adderall xr it can take hours to come on. We aren't built to do a behavior and get the reward like a third a day later. With meth it is often smoked or injected so your brain immediately makes the connection I do this I get this.

So this would mean Dexedrine is roughly twice as potent as Adderall? Because I read somewhere, actually on here I believe that meth, or desoxyn(pharm meth) rather, was roughly ~4x as strong as Adderall, aka mixed amphetamine salts.. And if meth is 2x as strong as Dexedrine, than that would leave Dexedrine 2x as strong as Adderall.. I really would love to try these all, to have some sort of perspective! I only have access to Adderall, and know one person who has anything stimulant pharm. wise which is focalin aka dextromethylphenidate.. Only have ever gotten to try Adderall IRs in my entire life as a drug user, or taking meds.. Really wish I could try Dexedrine! What are most doctors views on Dexedrine as opposed to Adderall? I have never really "asked" for anything, my doctor just kind of gave me Adderall, when I explained Strattera did not work.. and that was that. Never really had any problems with the Adderall, besides lately.. I find it wearing off much sooner than I would like, and leaving me ADHD ridden the second half of the day, which sucks.. its not as bad as having nothing at all though, of course! I really want to try Dexedrine, and REALLY want to try desoxyn! Those 2 drugs, are basically like coming up on a gold mine in my area! I don't know why.. but everything besides Adderall, is extremely rare to come across... even Adderall is rare here.. I just have a script, before that, I had only ever seen and tried it like 2 or 3 times, in my past 13 years using drugs... other than that, stimulant pharms are almost unheard of finding here... and meth is totally unheard of... just recently my buddy claimed to have gotten a bag of coke, with meth in it! I was shocked! he was mad about it.. shiiiit.. if it had been me, I would have been stoked just to at least try it, and get an idea of what it was like.. even with the coke, Id still try it.. that's the one street drug I have never tried! I have done plently of coke but never meth..

I always heard that Adderall was a third potency of street speed. IMO, Dexedrine, pee's on Adderall.

I'm not knocking it at all.I like it, but Dexedrine has the mental and physical energy without the peripheral side effects.

I wondered about the meth thing, because, I heard that it was close to meth(never had it intenionally, besides MDMA) . That's what I remember.

Street amphetamine and meth varies hugely in purity unlike dexedrine and Adderall. So you really can't compare them

If I got coke and it had meth I'd be furious too because the issue is quality control if I buy x and get x and y I don't care if y is the coolest thing since slice bread.

I get it for the most part. The main things were: how much of a distant cousin is Dexedrine to meth.

One methyl group can make a big difference, for example increase lipophilicity etc.

That's what's I thought, to a point. I have a book on lipid solubility in mammals. I'll have to give it a quick look see.Ill probably never eat processed foods again, lol.

Last edited:
I forgot the conversion ratio, but I know dextroamphetamine has plenty of base amphetamine in it. My only question is does anyone have a rough idea on how strong dextroamphetamine is compaird to meth? All comments are fine.

Typically it's 2 to 1 dextro to meth as others have noted .. but then you shouldn't forget the metabolites. Methamphetamine metabolises first and second pass to active amphetamines with really quite high efficiency. Take 100mg of meth and you'll be rocking on 50mg of amphetamine in about 6 hours time not to mention any re-dosing. Why new users can often go 20 hours on a single dose ....

Anecdotally and from personal experience meth produces considerably more psychosis than amphetamine over the same duration though of course it is hard to make that dose equivalent I think it's still a big "strength," consideration. I usually don't start hanging with the shadow people till day 4 on amphetamine but it's day 2 with meth. Interestingly it's also day 4 without any stimulants, though that is probably distorted by the amount of coffee and chocolate digestives I'd have had if I was awake that long.

Overall you're better off with the dexies unless you have fearsome long term amphetamine tolerance.

Yeah. I most always go no higher then 30 mg a day theriputicly. (Wrong spelling, but close enough).

I "occasionally" go over the dose.

I asked for the comparison to gauge what kind of dose would (subjectively) equal a real speed dose, because, like stated I occasionally go over the prescribed dose.
My script never runs out, so this happens once in a while.I Also understand that certain effects may/will be different because of the chemical makeup.

It seems like 20% + of the posts have to do with some sort of stimulant in OD. I'm sure the number is underrated by a way larger amount.

Anything is possible, but I never want to do meth, besides possibly those nifty double stacked pills, tested by real heads and confirmed good.

I apologize for the length or redundancy.

At a popular, world wide park and resort on three edibles, coffee and 75 mg of dextroamphetamine ;).

Thanks for the replies. All are welcomed.

Last edited:
I think two times stronger is enough to completely change the effects. Say for example u take twice as many mg of meth you IV it instead of orally as Adderall xr now you got twice the potency twice the dose and it hits you almost instantly instead over 8 hours I mean the different of 2 is almost the the range between the highest and lowest level of two 10 mg Adderall it or one xr 20 mg. 25 ng/ml peak 10 nl/ml +24 hours

If u have tried cocaine maybe it'll make more sense to you people who do cocaine often. Report a strong urge to compulsively reside part of that isn't only the intensity but how quickly you get the reward. Look at slot machines they give you instant feedback if I had slot machine with better payout but it took 8 hours to stop spinning from one pull even if the net probably of making money is higher it wouldn't be very addicting

I think one of the major factors that makes methamphetamine so much more reinforcing is the manner in which it is used. For example smoking cigs delivers only tiny amounts of nicotine like 1 mg per cig but with each puff there is a immediate effect on the brain making it much more addicting then way higher doses say as a patch over 24 hours. If you say take Adderall xr it can take hours to come on. We aren't built to do a behavior and get the reward like a third a day later. With meth it is often smoked or injected so your brain immediately makes the connection I do this I get this.

I do mostly agree with this but remember, there is an IR component to Adderall XR. Of course absorption must still occur which takes a helluva lot longer than smoking or IVing most drugs, but there is some relatively quick rewards to Adderall XR.