• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I keep testing Positive for Benzo's but all my retests are Negative??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMissBlissx

Greenlighter
I go to a Methadone clinic, where I'm required to take 2 random Urine Analysis' each month. They always come back clean, which has granted me the ability to receive "take homes", so I only have to go there once a week. However, for some strange reason, usually 3-4 times a year I test Positive for BENZO's.

The funny thing about Benzo's, is that I don't (and won't) take them. I actually have anxiety, however, I have social anxiety (not generalized) -- and my anxiety mostly stems from ADHD and PTSD -- I'm sure people with social anxiety get relief from benzos, but for some reason, I don't.. Anytime I've tried them, they made my anxiety much more severe; I was disconnected, fearful, I became a selective mute, and locked myself up in my room. I've experienced and dabbled with many different "recreational's", throughout my life, but Benzo's are the ONE thing I would deny first.. I'd probably take (almost) anything, before I'd put a Benzodiazepine in my body ever again.

I find this so strange, how I keep testing positive for Benzo's -- when the last time I took a Benzo, was several years ago and it's the one drug I would never take again.. At the clinic, you could request a re-test, if you test positive for something you never took, you could pay $15 to re-test and if it comes back Negative, then they reimburse you immediately. I always request a re-test, and every time, each re-test comes back Negative. When they re-test, they test from the "dirty" sample. One time, I actually had 3 Positive's in a row, for Benzo's. I re-tested all of them, and they were all NEGATIVE.. My counselor is dumbfounded, she's never seen something like that happen to one specific person in the clinic, so many times. She actually told me that she thought it looks like I'm being targeted, but I doubt it. I test positive (for the one drug I'm the least likely to do), every few months!

I don't know if I'm just ranting or what, but I'd really like some answers. How could this happen..?? Strangely, I always seem to test positive for Benzo's, at a time when I'm feeling very anxious and stressed.

In the 2.5 years I've been at the clinic, I had probably 10-12 urine samples that tested positive, all for Benzo's; when I requested a re-test, 100% of them came back Negative. I know this might sound crazy, but since my body rejects Benzo's -- do you think it might be possible that my body naturally produces it?

I think it's more of a sub-standard testing system because you shouldn't be coming up positive for benzos period if you're not taking them. With that being said, Bluelight doesn't permit drug testing discussion so I have to close this, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.