• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos I just tried valium... WTF is Flurazepam supposed to do compared to that !

Mracid

Bluelighter
Just traded flurazepam 30mg to valium 10mg and frankly, even at equidose valium is more potent and is active way longer.

Also better for sleep even if it doesnt increase lenth it increases deapness .

Any comments on difference between those two really long active benzodaizepines for chronic 3 types of insomina that occurs in a cycle of 4-5 months.

Guess what my psychiatrist want to avoid curing my debilitating insomnia since it would be "too complicate" quoted !

So I was wondering why equidose of flurazepam/valium does totally different effect, on is none other than amnesia pill and valium did something I thout was impossible, make me pass out, I was on 1.5g lyrica and did alot of exercise too but still it never happened to me. Plus the next day I felt awsome. but it didnt stop me from taking 70mg this morning.

This drugs is actually psychoactive and physiologically active compare to flurazepam which was a memory wiper.

I actually prefer it, plus the next day I feel better than sober.

Anyone else has experianced difference betweem the two longer lasting benzodiazpines?
I would like some insinght on if its just my body who over react or it is really more potent.

Ended up finishing my 220mg left during the day, again with a tolerance of the equivalent of 15mg a day spreaded over burts in monts. IDK what is wrong with me but even a low to non tolerance I can't seem to find physical comfort before amnesia or confusion. Are those drug more psychoactive amnesiant than nerve calmer...

Last edited:
I can't offer any info RE benzo comparisons w/ flurazepam vs diazepam, I'm not too experienced w/ benzos, never abused them (you couldn't pay me to) and never had a scrip for them despite desperately needing one because I need a new doctor mine is dumb and "doesn't believe in benzos." but I just have to say that valium is awesome! 20-30mg valium takes my anxiety away beautifully w/o making me feel at all intoxicated while 3+mg klonopin (clonazepam) doesn't do shit for me, even though it's supposedly the stronger more anxiolytic benzo. and I hate ativan, makes me sedated and not even slightly less anxious. of the benzos I've tried (in therapeutic doses only) diazepam was the only one that actually took my anxiety down a notch. it is a great med and I'm jealous you have a scrip for it.

Benzodiazepines work different from individual to individual so it is hard to give a generalized answer. But as your prefer diazepam (Valium) just tell your doctor or whoever prescribes tour benzo's that you prefer diazepam. Though I have to say that taking 70 mg diazepam i quite as dose. If you use your benzo's as a treatment for insomnia I would avoid taking them during the day time and especially at those dosages. You will build a tolerance resulting in you requiring an increasing dosage to sleep.

Because different benzos activate different GABA subreceptors and therefore have different kinds of therapeutic profiles:
Wirkprofile_Benzodiazepine.gif

Benzodiazepines work different from individual to individual so it is hard to give a generalized answer. But as your prefer diazepam (Valium) just tell your doctor or whoever prescribes tour benzo's that you prefer diazepam. Though I have to say that taking 70 mg diazepam i quite as dose. If you use your benzo's as a treatment for insomnia I would avoid taking them during the day time and especially at those dosages. You will build a tolerance resulting in you requiring an increasing dosage to sleep.
That is my problem, my issue is not insomnia, insomia is merely a side effect of overactive sensorial input without any ability to control it, giving the impression of an explosion of senses even when I wear headphones eand etc. So Sleep is only one of my problems. Plus I do not use benzo more than once every 2-3 weeks so tolerance is not an issue, the reason I do that is because they loose any potency after 3-7 days of use dose dependant.

valium always made me feel more sedated and sleepy even/especially while drinking while xanax almost gave me a buzz and if combined with drinking an awesome night that ill never remember except for flashes. and klonopin kinda somewhere inbetween the two. if they could only make xanax taste like a valium now

idk about flurazepam, but (one of many rc benzos) norflurazepam is very very nice