• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

I hit a car and ran away I'm scared

Obeyjohn0384$3

Greenlighter
Hello I need help because I hit a car and ran away because I freak out and well it was in a parking lot no one was there no one saw me but I think there's cameras in the parking... Well it happen so fast I hit it and I left a hit and my headlight cover broke and well I was working in a retail store the same day just a block away from it then a police cop comes inside and I start freaking out but I didn't saw him after he enter I don't know if he went to talk to the manager or someone but nothing happen i don't know if he came for me or just a snack it was odd. My car wasn't town in the 8 hour shift I was and I'm home but if the camera catch me what can happen to me I'm underage and have no license and no insurance well I know you will say how can you drive and all but you should have empathy with me my mom doesn't drive and I'm the only one that can and well I got a ticket for driving without license that I paid yesterday so please any opinions? Please don't judge me.

Chill out first of all. Your not the first person to leave after hitting a parked car. If the cops come and arrest you hire a lawyer. If they don't then your cool. Not shit you can really do at this point.

I'm not sure what there is to be gained by turning yourself in, if you'd hurt someone maybe, but this is property damage. If more than one person drives the car they may not be able to do anything even if they have the plate. Dunno really. I don't judge you, I remember being young and stupid, just learn from it. Hopefully the other guys insured.

Ethically, the right thing to do would be turn yourself in. Otherwise, just chill and wait. It's not that big of a deal, you just hit a car.

You should own up to what you did. Could of at least left a note damn.

There is really nothing you can do about it now - going to the police this long after the event would be pointless and your not going to fix the damage that you have done.

Stop driving until you are road legal - if you cause a serious accident due to no insurance, licence and inexperience then who is going to be paying for repairs and medical expenses? Your mum not being able to drive is absolutely no excuse for you to break the law by driving without a licence.