• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I haven't slept since I gave up weed

mavipil

Greenlighter
Since I quit weed, I can't sleep properly, I shake when I fall asleep, I suddenly jump out of bed, I dream a lot and I am conscious of the dream I am having, I watch it as if it were a vivid dream, I feel a burden on me from time to time, what can I do, what are your suggestions, my mother tongue is not English, I hope I have conveyed my experiences correctly

Since I quit weed, I can't sleep properly, I shake when I fall asleep, I suddenly jump out of bed, I dream a lot and I am conscious of the dream I am having, I watch it as if it were a vivid dream, I feel a burden on me from time to time, what can I do, what are your suggestions, my mother tongue is not English, I hope I have conveyed my experiences correctly
It is just going to take some time <3 it will get better.

yea it takes about 2 weeks....sometimes only a week

just be patient

you might not sleep great again for a while - but the vivid dreams will go away soon

How long has it been since you smoked last? I’d suggest heavy exercise, what country do you live in?

I hope I've been clean for 10 days, including today, It is 5:30 in the morning in Turkey, I couldn't sleep tonight, but I will be patient and strong- willed
I would say just work out, and you your best to keep eating

I hope I've been clean for 10 days, including today, It is 5:30 in the morning in Turkey, I couldn't sleep tonight, but I will be patient and strong- willed
Depending how long and hardcore you used for you could potentially not feel totally normal for a month or two even but after a few weeks it should noticeably improve so you'll know its going away at least

just repeating what others have said here, Exercise.
Get your Anandamide levels up with some exercise if you can although its hard to exercise with a debt of sleep ive been there.
It does go away in the end tho i get that issue where i feel like im falling when i am just about to fall asleep then i wake up again and ive experienced it over and over having taken repeated breaks of days or weeks or even months from cannabis use.

Good Luck

Since I quit weed...

Are you sure just 1 word like "WEED" suffices to fully express/explain everything which that actually involves, or are there more "entourage" words to account for as well? Also, ain't ONLY one designation at least reductive?... If not confusing. That "WEED" needs to enter your body via a consumption method, for example, while this equally comes with its associated ritual(s). Besides the paraphernalia (typically limited to rolling paper and a lighter) there are actions potentially capable to affect dosing profile, etc. Not to mention external vilification vectors as savvy contaminants soups and other 3rd-parties interference. Etc., etc. So it's starting to form a whole constellation instead of just 1 gravity well... Understand the chain of events using more than 1 word in hope to find some hints of solution, go back in time and try figure out what decisions could have justifies further introspection.

Usually the more abuse means the more self-punishment at a later time (similar to credit...), since our brains are "wired" with pregnenolone as part of an anti-overdose self-protection natural loop. Which is blessing if we compare to real *ADDICTION* assorted with comorbidity risks as for alcohol vs "withdrawal". Which reminds me:

Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo​

Maybe if you need to feel asleep then why not have a bit of stoner cinephile anthology... It was so "good" my government once subsidized entry tickets!

:rolleyes:

That's the original version in german i think. ☮️

Your experiences are incredibly common with heavy, habitual smokers (of weed.)

My experiences offer two options, and they actually work better when you use them concurrently.

#1 You're gonna want to pick up some melatonin (it's a supplement that your body naturally produces, but sometimes you fuck up your body's... err... "cycles?" idk, you can fuck the rhythm up with all sorts of shit, from stress to drug use.)

I'd recommend starting low-dose and working your way up. If you're over 200lbs, though, I would start at a 2mg dose and see if that does anything to help you sleep. Big thing to keep in mind: melatonin will NOT knock you out. It simply makes it easier to drift into sleep-- it's up to you to decide when it's bedtime, the melatonin just makes it easier once you're all comfy and shut your eyes.

#2 Exercise until you can't no mo'. Not cardio though. Don't do cardio until you fail, do cardio until you FEEL LIKE you're going to fail. Weight/body training though? Hit them reps til you can't no mo'. Preferably, do this AT LEAST two hours before bedtime but realistically you're going to want a light morning session and a heavy evening one.

After 20-30 days, you will feel as if back to normal or really truly getting there, your functions will seemingly return to baseline, you will start dreaming again normally, you can fall asleep and stay asleep, and then it will take a period of time for your natural cannabinoids to really return to their usual functions in tandem with your consciousness. I don't want to say how long, because I don't want to manifest anything for you (because cannabinoids function in tandem with your beliefs of how your system is functioning, it is like the arbiter of your will, internally) - and it could return very quickly. After this period, you will feel like 'you' again. Notice I said "will". You will feel normal again, and happy to be feeling normal. Trust me.

Melatonin is good if it helps you, but if it doesn't help don't take it. Doctors say that 0.5mg Melatonin is the sweet spot for sleep, not massive doses of it which just make things worse for most people. You want to let your body get back to relying only on its own chemical factory, rather than external sources, and that's the secret to fast recovery. Using too many things or too much of one thing to curb the withdrawal is just going to prolong the withdrawal because it's giving more workload to your endocannabinoids to do their job in the body.

Another incredibly beneficial herb is Valerian root (or the extract). It will help you with the restlessness and help you fall asleep without overwhelming nervous system disarray. Again, don't overdo it.

Go for walks. This will help guide your system back to releasing its own chemicals again. Exercise wakes up the system and gets it working out the systems that are responsible for releasing endocannabinoids and endorphins, and your natural endo-GHB. All the 'feel good' chemicals. You can speed up recovery with light-moderate exercise, even if you don't feel up to it. But don't overdo it (don't do a full body workout and don't go for a run and overwhelm your system, etc. you'll know when it's too much). For me, long walks at a light pace were VERY beneficial for me, essential to my recovery from withdrawal.

Marijuana withdrawal is weird. There is really no 'medical' answer to countering the withdrawals, other than abstaining as much as you can from other substances while your natural cannabinoids return to their usual function. Endocannabinoids are the aspect of your body-consciousness that connects with your mental conscious will, and I believe this is why there is no medical answer to withdrawal other than letting it return to normal (I'm explaining this VERY roughly just to bridge the understanding to this situation).

thank you for this long and informative article, last night I slept more comfortably than other nights, I notice that the symptoms have decreased a little, I usually go for a run in the morning, I go for a walk 1 hour before I try to go to bed at night, as you said, I sweat the body, I miss normal, my old relationships very much, it makes me happy to see the recovery, I even enjoy chatting with a sober mind, sometimes I crave weed, especially at night, thinking about my old relationships, my life, I compress this desire, I will not leave normal

thank you for this long and informative article, last night I slept more comfortably than other nights, I notice that the symptoms have decreased a little, I usually go for a run in the morning, I go for a walk 1 hour before I try to go to bed at night, as you said, I sweat the body, I miss normal, my old relationships very much, it makes me happy to see the recovery, I even enjoy chatting with a sober mind, sometimes I crave weed, especially at night, thinking about my old relationships, my life, I compress this desire, I will not leave normal
That's great!

My apologies. I should have been more specific with the exercise advice. If you are already used to doing hard exercise like running, then this can be incredibly beneficial. But no matter your level of endurance or stamina, you will know when you are beginning to overdo it. You just will start to feel really dysphoric. I'm blessed to see from what you've said that you are beginning to have more comfortable sleep, and that you have the burning desire to rely on your own chemical factory again. It really gives me motivation as well to do so. Thank you for that.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from the withdrawal state!

Melatonin is good if it helps you, but if it doesn't help don't take it. Doctors say that 0.5mg Melatonin is the sweet spot for sleep, not massive doses of it which just make things worse for most people. You want to let your body get back to relying only on its own chemical factory, rather than external sources, and that's the secret to fast recovery. Using too many things or too much of one thing to curb the withdrawal is just going to prolong the withdrawal because it's giving more workload to your endocannabinoids to do their job in the body.

100%

I've even read a few articles that suggest to only dose melatonin in the micrograms. Milligrams is just too much according to some experts, especially if you find yourself taking one a night for an extended period.

2mg and I'm out like a light, man, and I'm 5'3" 130lbs soaking wet.

My dad, though, is 6'2" and like 240lbs and he claims that the shit doesn't do a thing even if he takes 10mg.

So yeah, some people just don't think it works... but in my dad's case, I don't think he comprehends that melatonin doesn't put you right to sleep-- it just kind of guides you there once you decide it's time.

100%

I've even read a few articles that suggest to only dose melatonin in the micrograms. Milligrams is just too much according to some experts, especially if you find yourself taking one a night for an extended period.

2mg and I'm out like a light, man, and I'm 5'3" 130lbs soaking wet.

My dad, though, is 6'2" and like 240lbs and he claims that the shit doesn't do a thing even if he takes 10mg.

So yeah, some people just don't think it works... but in my dad's case, I don't think he comprehends that melatonin doesn't put you right to sleep-- it just kind of guides you there once you decide it's time.

Yupp. Exactly. 100% agree.

In fact, I think milligram dosages of any amount is too much for some people (not everyone) and overloads the glands in your brain that make you sleepy, and for some people, it may either not even work or it may even keep them awake and act as an anti-sleep supplement, which is so ironic yet unfortunate that the misinformation perpetuates. The body just metabolizes the large amounts in some people, especially with the high doses, rather than absorb into effect.

If I take any more than 1mg, I get the somnolence and anti-sleep effect - not so much a wakefulness effect - more like I am thrust into a zombie state of which there is no escape other than time, or marijuana, and then when it wears off I can get to sleep.

Try not to eat for at least 2 hours before bed.
Take some CBD to help relax. Keep in mind tolerance
Some people said exercise that's good , I never do regularly but it's good advice.

Sometimes I take a Benadryl to help induce sleep, sometimes I take delta8 ( basically weed) kinda cheating

It will take a while for your brain to re adjust without pot .

Whatever you take keep the dose low low low. It's just supposed to get your foot in the door The end goal being restful full night's sleep without taking anything but in the meantime you kind of need some relief

Sounds like usual withdrawal symptoms from any drug. Where u a heavy smoker/user of any other drugs? Cause those symptoms sound more like a benzo/mild opi wdrawal.

I smoke on and off. Necessarily, I'm familiar with how poit withdrawal feels. :)
My thoughts... you play, you pay. Price of admission.
I'm in my 60's. Eventually I will not start and stop smoking, I'll do it every day to treat pain and sleep(?) issues.

I have something which has been on my mind lately, though.
I've had sleep issues since I was 5 years old. There's always been a couple/few days a week where I didn't sleep well and wasn't 100%.
Many of my geezer friends are finding sleep issues happening as they age.
So, it's hard to differentiate and separate.

I recently took a break from pot over 6 months long.
As time went by, I found my sleep issues getting worse. At the end of this time, they were kinda full blown.
I'm quite familiar with the fitful sleep for a few days and possible full blown insomnia for a week or so after that which comes from eliminating Marijuana from your diet.
This was 6 months later.

So now I wonder how much this is from Marijuana and how much is natural insomnia.
At this moment in life, I would like to spend a few more years getting the best of both worlds. Being a constructive go-getter and a stoner both.

So, anyone's experience with long term things like this would be welcome.
Any thoughts or real world experiences are welcome, but please don't go into "harm reduction" mode and tell me to just stop since pot is "probably" the issue.