Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I have never tried psychedelics, please advise me, former amphetamine user

mooseball

Greenlighter
Hi all

I used amphetamines most day for a year, alpha-ppp or mppp or speed or whatever.

I smoke cannabis daily

I have been clean off amphetamines for around 40 days now, and I am bored as hell, i really really want to get some, but I am very addictive with the feeling, as soon as i get some i want more

So i was thinking of trying psychdelics. I always thought they would be my drug of choice, i used to love cannabis and natural things but i have lost my love for weed, even though i smoke it daily i no longer cherish it.

I genuinley have no perception of what a pshycedlic may feel like, or where to start - I am kind of craving the old amph feel, but also i just want to have a vice i can turn to and not be addicted ( fingers crossed lol ) and i want to find a way to reconnect with weed. I used to enjoy every toke.

Can anyone explain to me just what pshychedelics are like? Presumably nothing at all like amph

Yes I have lived a fairly sheltered life to not know the above

Advice appreciated

Check our PD beginner's FAQ, link is below in my signature. :)

If you're looking for a vice to keep you away from amph I'd say psych's aren't the best thing.

Not as a vice, but they might give you a bit of insight regarding staying clean from amps!

This post may be against the rules, and I apologize if so. I think I'm good though.

Mooseball, going off of what relbatnrut said, psychedelics definitely won't replace your vice. However, psychedelics are very introspective, and I also believe they could help you stay off of amphetamines.

Now, I personally have never had the opportunity to try ibogaine, but from what I understand, it is particularly helpful to addicts who are trying to break the habit. I wouldn't be the best person to ask about it, due to inexperience, but if you are genuinely interested in trying psychedelics, I would look into ibogaine. Hopefully another user can shed some more light for you.

Not as a vice, but they might give you a bit of insight regarding staying clean from amps!

True that. Psychedelics can give you a much needed kick in the ass when you've been messing with your life in the wrong way ;)

As for what psychedelics are like, as Solipsis advised, check out the beginners FAQ - but I'll give you a little run down too. There are numerous different psychedelics and almost all of them are very unique and widely different from any other psychedelic. There are a few that have more subtle differences between each other, but overall the experiences can be so profound and different from drug to drug that it's impossible to really describe the whole lot of them in a detailed way.

That said there are things most/all psychedelics have in common:

Some level of altered thinking - this can range anywhere from more creative thoughts and some "stoned" type thinking similar to being high smoking weed, to some very deep introspective thinking to the very extreme mindfuck that strong tryptamines can bring about. Generally there is at least some level of introspection with these thoughts and as such if you're in a negative place mentally or have some such issues, expect this to be brought to the surface in at least some of your trips, if you embrace this you can learn a lot about your inner workings and ways to improve yourself for the better, but if you ignore it you can have quite an unpleasant rough ride. For reference, pure tryptamines (like Psilocybin and Psilocin in mushrooms, or DMT, or AMT or 4-HO-MiPT and various others) tend to be more introspective and have a higher level of "mindfuck", pure phenethylamines (like Mescaline in cacti, TMA, 2C-B, 25I-NBOMe and DOM among many others) tend to be more clear-headed - but often have a very creative element to them, there are drugs like LSD, AL-LAD, LSZ and other lysergamides that contain both the tryptamine and phenethylamine backbones and contain elements of both - being sometimes clear-headed while still having the potential for mindfuck.

Perception alterations - this includes the well known visuals that most psychedelics have, i.e. with open eyes seeing things warp and shift in shape and size, edges of objects blurring, tracers (residual images of objects after they've moved), noticing patterns a lot more, seeing colours and patterns overlay over your vision - or with closed eyes seeing a variety of things from developed 3D film type scenes to classic 60s type pastel coloured psychedelic imagery, to things that defy normal perception and seem to have dimensions the eye can't normally see. There are also auditory, taste, touch and smell alterations, and often some degree of blurring of the senses, synaesthesia. Visuals and other hallucinatory aspects of tryptamines, phenethylamines and lysergamides all differ but there isn't really one that's specifically more visual than another - i.e. when comparing say DMT, LSD and 25I-NBOMe there are visual elements to each that seem stronger than any other psychedelic but then aspects of the others beat those, many would argue that DMT is the most visual but there are some visuals specific to LSD and 25I-NBOMe for example that it can't reproduce, and vice versa.

Euphoria/pleasant aspects can vary, and it very much depends on the drug, your individual reaction, your mindset at the time and your location (i.e. whether or not it's somewhere you're comfortable tripping) can very much influence how euphoric or dysphoric an experience can be. Psychedelics can have a level of euphoria that even the most euphoric drugs like Heroin and MDMA can't touch at their best in the proper set & setting with the right substance for you - or at their opposite be one of the most difficult and anxious experiences you've ever had. One thing however that is really worth bearing in mind when regarding this is while a lot of people have had unpleasant trips in bad settings, I've had many myself and there was never a single trip that I couldn't gain a valuable lesson from, even the ones that were most unenjoyable at the time.

A good idea would be to read through some detailed trip reports and getting a feel for trips from different substances via other peoples writing until you find a psychedelic that holds your interest, and investigating it further and seeing if it sounds like something you'd enjoy or benefit from in some way.

One last thing to keep in mind, most psychedelics are very physically safe and you can take much higher than normal dosages without any physical risk - just a risk of a bad experience, but there are some exceptions to this rule, like Bromo-DragonFLY and the 25x-NBOMe series which both have issues with vasoconstriction, producing seizures and other such things when a higher than normal dose is taken, with the NBOMes in particular this is important to have in mind as even on forums like this one you'll see people discussing having used dosages which could very well hospitalise or kill someone, and regarding them as safe simply because nothing bad has happened to them yet - I wouldn't advise going over 1-1.5mg of any of them, and this would be excessive for some in the first place.

Yeah dude try them out. just know that everything changes after pycedelics and its a whole new ball paRK To be playing in.
tripping is confusing isolating and scary because you see things you've never seen and feel feelings you've never felt but if you are ready to see beauty in nature and existence try them. Do mushrooms first, trust me.
FUCK THE SKETCH SHIT LIKE ROBO TRIP

thanks for the repleis all i appreciate it, i am in need of a new perspective and shall follow your advice

thanks for the repleis all i appreciate it, i am in need of a new perspective and shall follow your advice

what compounds are you considering for your trip? Maybe some here will recommend something based on your brief description and history.

i used to be quite the little stimulant freak growing up.
I had been on them since i was about 5 until i was about 16 years old.
LSA really helped to cure my problems. Only because it feels really really good, and is so incredibly NON stimulating that, i feel for me, it at least helped my Neuroreceptors appreciate a lower tuning frequency, while experiencing a Higher State of Consciousness.

Stay away from psychedelics
That's my advice
If you're an opioid user,it can be very painful and depressing bit you're still alive.Psychedelics are gonna rip your soul apart...

Stay away from psychedelics
That's my advice
If you're an opioid user,it can be very painful and depressing bit you're still alive.Psychedelics are gonna rip your soul apart...

The effects that psychedelics have can be so drastic and are just unpredictable. Sure there's risk of psychedelics "ripping one's soul apart" (whatever that even means), but for all we know it could change their life in a positive way and confront some of the issues going on in his or her life (for example amphetamine addiction).. in my opinion the experience can't be knocked until it's tried, so surrender yourself to the drug and let it take you on a ride. Stay positive and open minded prior to the trip and during. If you choose to endeavor on a psychedelic journey I wish you the best of luck :)

“Use them with care, and use them with respect as to the transformations they can achieve, and you have an extraordinary research tool. Go banging about with a psychedelic drug for a Saturday night turn-on, and you can get into a really bad place, psychologically. Know what you're using, decide just why you're using it, and you can have a rich experience. They're not addictive, and they're certainly not escapist, either, but they're exceptionally valuable tools for understanding the human mind, and how it works.”

for a speed user - lsd, mushrooms, lsa or lsz are good counterpoints - very satisfying - very non-addictive - really on the safe side.
I recommend only if you are very interested in making progress in your life, and that takes work.

25-i-nbome, however (and all the related 25-*-nbo*'s) are not that safe, and could be called addictive, and they are tweaky like amphetamines - these are a bit less satisfying to psychedelic lovers, but could be very satisfying to a speed freak,
but they may make you just want to dump the whole psychedelic investigation and get back to the real stuff.

so, only try that if you are going to be strong and never go back to speed ever under any circumstances.

if you smoked speed, you will get a huge kick out of smoking DMT or even salvia.