• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids i have chance to swich from morphine ER to Opana ER. Thoughts?

Speed King

Bluelighter
I am currently prescribed 30mg of Morphine ER, twice daily (60mg total). I talked to my PM doctor and had a chance to switch from 15mg Morphine ER, twice daily to
5mg Opana ER, twice daily. I had hard copy in hand and tried to fill it at my hospital. They said they didn't carry it. It also turns out that the medicine required a prior authorization from my insurance. I didn't have enough left over pain medication to cover me through the wait. I ended up getting my Morphine ER bumped up to 30mg X 2 per day, so I would have something.

The 30 Morphine ER X 2 per day, actually isn't too bad.

I tried an ER/CR Opana pill twice before. I thought it was 8mg. It was differently less then 10mg. If I remember correctly, It was hard as a rock. It was lay in bed all day and watch TV strong.

Now as strictly a pain medicine, would I have better analgesia and overall stronger feeling with a 5mg Opana ER, twice daily, versus 30mg Morphine ER, twice daily ?

Thanks,
Speed King

I think it's Dilaudid that comes in 8MG doses. Personally I'd make the switch. I would not get in a habit of using alternative ROAs though as that will be the beginning of the end for you.

Opana is stronger than Morphine imo, morphine is a more sedating feeling much less pain relieving. Opana feels like a strong oxy i think its atleast twice the strength of oxcycodone. Just keep in mind Morphine is much easier to taper and jump from than opana.

Thanks for the replies. I'll take the fact that morphine is easer to taper and get off into consideration.