• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I have black goop in my lungs after smoking crack for days

W

Worried in LA

This isn't the first time it has happened but the first time it actually hurts so much. After using a crack pipe for days it eventually was full of black goop. The brillo would also get saturated with this black stuff. Like an idiot I just continued to use it even though I was sucking this black stuff into my lungs. Now I am coughing up this black stuff and there is a lot coming out.

1. What is it?
2. Is it harmful in the long term? (e.g. WIll it give me Cancer or Mesothelioma)
3. Will it eventually disapate and go away or am I doomed to have the black stuff in my lungs forever?

Thank you,

Worried in LA

Sorry can't say what your black goop is, but if you smoke crack regularly you can't expect to have healthy lungs. That being said, I smoke crack fairly regularly and I've never coughed up black stuff, maybe find a new supplier.

don;t worry, the black stuff isn't doing anymore harm to your lungs that crack hasn;t already done.
it should go away a few days after you stop smoking crack.

the goop is just carbonized detritus that has mixed with the molten crack then cooled;
in essence, its crack. (NO SUBSTANCE ID haahaha ah fuck me done myself in there)

Last edited:
It's normal for your stem to turn black from resin but you should not be coughing up black stuff. Try using fresh chore and see if that helps but I'm inclined to agree with zebedee79. Find a better source or even better, stop smoking it.

I would suggest laying off a few days and take some cough expectorant. You need to cough that out. It will be gross. There is Mucinex, take that one and see if it helps. Suggestion to avoid the sludges is to constantly change your filter. If you overheat shit filters, you are acutally smoking the melted metal.

So please change up.

This isn't the first time it has happened but the first time it actually hurts so much. After using a crack pipe for days it eventually was full of black goop. The brillo would also get saturated with this black stuff. Like an idiot I just continued to use it even though I was sucking this black stuff into my lungs. Now I am coughing up this black stuff and there is a lot coming out.

1. What is it?
2. Is it harmful in the long term? (e.g. WIll it give me Cancer or Mesothelioma)
3. Will it eventually disapate and go away or am I doomed to have the black stuff in my lungs forever?

Thank you,

Worried in LA

Black shit? Oh my soul

Don't get me wrong, I've coughed up white, yellow, bloodred and some interdimensional shit that you could give a name to and keep it as a pet...but black stuff coming out of your lungs.

Ooh no, doctor time for you dude.

well it wouldn't cause mesothelioma, as that is specific to asbestos exposure, but yeah dude change your chore more often / quit smoking for a bit to see if it clears up