• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos I have been taking 500 mg Dizepam on 1 week

rmelander

Greenlighter
Hello everybody,

as the title says, I have been taking 500 mg Dizepam on 1 week because i build up a tolerance to get the effect (even been drinking alcohol while)

today i took the last 20 mg without tapping down.

My question is, will i experienxe any seriously withdrawal symptoms since the half time is so long ?

Just be aware of them. If you start having any brain zaps or spasms that seem like a seizure get to a doctor before it gets worse and ER if it's too late for that. Ashton manual is apparently a good guide for benzo dependant.

Are you dependent on alcohol ? Being dependent on both valium and alcohol imo is a medical emergency and if you run out or stop you really need a hospital to monitor your vitals and have a open iv lead incase you have a seizure. When i was in the hospital for stomach issues the guy next to me i heard was going through alcohol detox from just beer not even hard liquor and they had him hooked up monitoring all minds of things with all kinds of anticonvulsants most of the drugs i dont remember amd it was either him or the guy next to him but someone went into a super abnormal heart rate and rthymn and they had to keep iv valium till he came back

If your experience was only taking it a week with no benzo tolerance beforehand, you'll survive but the withdrawal should be delayed.

Valium has a long half life so you shouldn't feel the withdrawal for 2-3 days if you built up that much in your system.

You'll prob feel more anxiety than usual but after a week or two it should go back to normal.

I will semi regularly go on a binge like this over a couple of days and take up to that amount myself; never intended, i just end up forgetting I've taken a couple then take more etc.. and all of a sudden I come around a couple of days later. It takes a good week for that amount to leave my system completely so will feel surprisingly fine for a while after, but a rebound effect does kick in and lasts about 2 weeks, giving me horrible anxiety, depression and depersonalisation. I always kick myself for doing this because it always seems to happen when I buy a large amount. just cant control my usage whatsoever.

But yeah, if this was just a one off week long period of taking blues you'l bounce back pretty quick. If you have been taking 500mg a week for a while then mate, get yourself to a DR's asap!

Hello everybody,

as the title says, I have been taking 500 mg Dizepam on 1 week because i build up a tolerance to get the effect (even been drinking alcohol while)

today i took the last 20 mg without tapping down.

My question is, will i experienxe any seriously withdrawal symptoms since the half time is so long ?

I've done this countless times over the years, with similar amounts in half the time. Rebound anxiety is the worst that'll happen, and even that isn't necessarily a guarantee.

I'm living proof that being on small, daily doses over a long period of time is much worse than massive but short binges -- having done both and experiencing terrible withdrawals only from the former.

U should maybe taper if any problems like zaps and seizures arise like others have said.

It personally took me about 2 years to taper off of 100 mgs of diazepam a day (I was using for a while tho)

You may experience serious withdrawal symptoms as 500mg in one week is an incredibly high dosage, even without alcohol

Like others have said, if you get really bad anxiety, start shaking, get brain zaps etc. it's time to go to the ER

U should maybe taper if any problems like zaps and seizures arise like others have said.

It personally took me about 2 years to taper off of 100 mgs of diazepam a day (I was using for a while tho)

Are all the immediate and protracted withdrawal symptoms over with now? ie) Insomnia, brain fog, anxiety and panic attacks, gastric integrity, diminished libido and erectile functioning . What was your starting dose and did you originally start with Valium ( Diazepam) or a shorter acting benzo?
Did you perform an Ashton protocol taper or other type? What supps or ancillary medications did you use for your taper to help with soul Wrenching withdrawal and compliance ?

I'm going to start with a Benzo taper ~ Xanax ( 1.5 mgs twice daily) in February.

I tried sending you another IM re: your confusion BUT "you have to clear out some of your older messages to receive any new ones" Thanks in advance