• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

i have a question about an event i went through, ended up being very scary. help

C:hello

Greenlighter
so a couple months back swim decided to do dxm with weed, ik my shit so swim bought Robitussin with just dxm in it as the only active ingredient, a bottle 20 pills 15mg each:D:D. mind you swim has slowly worked my up from doses in order of 50, 80, 120, 150, 200, 250, then to 300 and then about 75 was my very last time. now the dose where swim did 300mg was fucking insane because swim did 50mg benedryl 300mg of dxm and about 2 bowls of some averageish weed nothing to dank here. moving on everything went according to how swim planned it was moving into the second stage of dxm just fine with the benedrly compounding the affect ever so slighty. then swim go and smoke 2 bowls and things go down hill very fast ik swim was having a panic attack one of a new caliber i managed to keep my stress down had a heart beat around 120 at the time swim normally sits at around 55-70 im fairly fit so i could handle this things take an even harder turn about 20 mins from this panic attack and it was a very psychedelic experience lets just say when i closed my eyes i would see myself from a 3rd person view flashing in yellow and red i was sweating very much probably severely dehydrated at this point and when swim managed to get a hold of himself and snap back swim kinda blacked out swim remembers trying to fight this urge of passing out his heart beat at this moment was 171-175 swim managed to measure it with his galaxy s7 edge and my stress was near the end of the bar according to the app and swim was laying on the floor petting his dog trying to chill out and relax swim also felt extremely hot and this is when he passed out and swim believes he had an ego death in which he saw himself from a like skyrim 3rd person view is the best way to describe it and was just kinda floating in space completely detached from reality it felt as if swim had no worries like literally lost sense of time seconds felt like hours to days to months to years very bizarre swim thinks he may have come close to death because he remember snapping out of the ego death and when he looked at his hands they were curling inwards and he couldn't control them everything looked very dark and depressing as if there was an impending doom he even excepted the fact that he was gonna die before the ego death such a crazy experience he felt like he was going insane nothing seemed normal to swim. also have to add this he felt as if he could see through walls and his hands was very weird and he also puked about 4 times and had felt better after he finshed puking also his vision was double and was zooming in an out slowly seeing very block patterns over his vision when h managed to get up.
8(8(8(8(8(
so swims question is what happend here the only conclusions he can draw is that he was having a very severe panic attack, but he wonders if there was more to it could this have been a seizure or something that could have been potentially deadly?? any type of feed back is appreciated and swim realizes he has bad grammar 8)8)8)8)
everything that was used
50mg bendryl
300mg dxm
2 bowls of average bud
in that order and had taken the 50mg 40 mins prior to dosing the dxm then about and hour when he started peaking he smoked 2 bowls
btw swim went through this even not me C: hehe

Last edited:
We dont use swim here, just fyi.

Also, i just think u had a panic attack due to the weed. Nothing to worry about, just take it into account next time u plan to robotrip.

OP, if you're fine now, with no residual cardiac issues like palpiations or severe Tachycardia, you probably just experienced a panic attack. It could've been brought about by the Dextromethorphan or the Cannabis.

I've seen people report going into tachychardia as a result of high-dose DXM, but it only lasts during the peak. I've been able to confirm this myself, as I measured my BPM at +/- 130 at the peak of my last DXM trip (approximately 350mgs), which returned to its normal resting BPM towards the tail end of the trip.

Marijuana does cause extreme anxiety in many, many people too, so I'm not ruling that out. Quite possible that it was a result of both.