• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I have a chance to try DOC...is it any good?/googled it but need first-hand account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuckingnutz

Bluelighter
A friend of mine just got a gram of DOC...what's it like? and how much should I do?

Have you seen the Big & Dandy DOC thread via the Psychedelic Index? While you are waiting for replies the info you are looking for is there...

I am considering trying DOC as well, it is pretty much at the top of my to do or 'to try next' list (seriously). IIRC it is best not to go over 2.0 mg a first time. Not everyone likes it but many do. Some people get mostly stimulated effects, others find the artificial / synthetic headspace disgusting or worrisome, but a good many people love it for the strong and pure psychedelia, positive energy and push, and the paradoxical tranquility that we also see in a number of other chloro PEAs / 2C-C analogues.

Thanks Sol....there were so many posts and many of them were people wanting to try it but hadn't yet...hopefully someone will give me a recent first-hand account...I was a meth-head for quite a while...hope it doesn't reignite that fire.

Maybe check the latest pages? Xorkoth for example is a huge fan of DOC and he has interesting things to say about it, but at the same time be careful that it doesn't skew your perspective because he reacts very well to it while some others really don't.

If I were you I'd browse through some Erowid experience reports and to be fair check ones labeled 'difficult' as well, and take a look at the dosages taken. It is very informative to read about negative reactions at low/moderate/normal doses!

Anyway other than that just wait for people to respond.
Hopefully a discussion is sparked, but otherwise don't attach too much value to brief replies from only a couple of people just because their posts are interactive to yours. Technically speaking it can still be limited 'datapoints' while there is so much data up for grabs. But yeah digging through threads can take time. Then again, waiting on people to reply whose posts might be just as unhelpful as those in the DOC thread is, too. ;)

Have you tried other DOX? DOI and DOB are more long lasting and can be more nasty on the body apparently. I have tried DOB and while it is stimulating and reminiscent of amphetamines, I wouldn't look at it like that if I were you. Using DOX or AMT like that is not a good idea in my opinion.
Just ignore that they are stimmy, they are not stimulants really - use them for the psychedelics they are.

they are not stimulants really - use them for the psychedelics they are.

OK...good. The only PEA's I've tried were allylescaline 100 mg and 25i....they were too speedy for me...I felt "jangled". Is DOC similar to them "speedy-wise"?

I have had a few experiences on it (but truthfully, personally, it's difficult to find the time to experience DOC, but it's fairly malleable making a variety of activities possible). And due to the time constraints, the experiences are spaced out (just like me!!) and somewhat difficult to compare. I enjoy the come up laying down, resting just waiting for effects to manifest. Whenever my body starts moving, I am in a fairly comfortable place, physically and mentally. I started out at 1 mg, then 1.5 followed by a 2 mg and most recently 3 mgs. That one was somewhat uncomfortable, but I still want to try that dose again and possibly increase it. Hope this wasn't too rambly.

I did not find DOC to be as speedy as 25I-NBOMe. There is some discomfort at onset which later resolves itself (in my experience, this may be different for everyone!)

2mg is a pleasant dose to begin with; less may be underwhelming and more may be overwhelming depending on the individual.

I have a feeling I know of the vender your friend is considering ordering from. I'm tempted myself, though if I do will probably split that gram and only get 500mg of DOC (what on Earth would anyone do with a gram of the stuff... that's 200-500 doses).

From what I've read, it appears to be very long lasting as well as very stimulating. Because of this... I actually have hope that it might be good when "microdosed." I'm thinking maybe .5 mg will give attention and creativity a boost, without being significantly impairing? But I won't know until I give it a try. I'm also very interested in its effects at normal doses--people say it gets pretty visually intense.

.5 to 1 mg is quite active but not hectic at all... Give it a try, I used to love to take it low like that

1.25mg is my ideal dose. I worked up slowly from about 50ug because of the strength of this material but found 1mg active & long-lasting, although of course very subtle. Highest dose was about 2mg, which brought a little nausea on come-up but still produced an excellent excellent.

It's very interesting stuff & well worth a whirl. Some folk just don't get on with certain psyches, I'm not a huge fan of LSD for instance, but I love DOC. It's just a case of trying & seeing...

(what on Earth would anyone do with a gram of the stuff... that's 200-500 doses).

... you might think that way 'til you've tried it.

I find DOC to be very much like the offspring of LSD and mescaline. But longer lasting than either. Still it's a manageable duration, as long as you don't mind tripping all day. The second half of the experience changes direction and becomes very enabling, sociable, and euphoric, I love it so much, it's one of my favorite states. The first half is stronger and can even be relaxing and sedating sometimes. It's very visual, in a unique and beautiful way. Throughout the whole experience I have a very comfortable feeling, mentally and emotionally (it can be a bit uncomfortable coming up but even then it doesn't make me feel out of sorts, just intense), and I am able to do things and make decisions from a "sober" place. It also physically feels very nice, more and more so as the trip goes on. Sometimes in the second half I feel so nice that I can't even think of any time I've felt better.

That's my experience with it in a nutshell, yours may vary.

I know of this drug causing a rare and DANGEROUS type of renal impairment for some. Relative to threshold dose this effect appears less than agonist with greater 5ht2a selectivity. The period of renal impairment is about 4 days. I think this effect would only be obvious in a very small subset of the population, that might be 100% wrong. These people could get stuck with a lot of trouble.

Secondly, if I am right, this drug could be absolutely wonderful to others. I have heard of people completely filled with wonder having their troubles fade away with this drug.

Whatever might happen I hope you are all right.

Last edited:
Hmm, you guys really do make this stuff sound pretty great. I think I'm definitely going to pull the trigger on some.

@Xorkoth: You say that at .5-1mg it's active but not hectic. Active visually as well as stimulating? I'll find out for myself, I'm sure. But I'm wondering if for you at this dose, you're still able to do "normal" things that you wouldn't feel comfortable doing while impaired. Driving, for example. (Note: I would never condone driving while impaired--that's why I'm asking this. Even when I "think I can handle it" I make a concerted effort to avoid driving while on hallucinogens.)

@Si Ingwe: 0.0 I'll take your word for it! If I were to split it, the other 500mg would like be 3-meo-pcp (this vender is out of mxe, and besides 3-meo gives you way more bang for your buck). Am I better off just getting a full gram of the doc?

In my opinion yes, because on one of the two occasions I used 3-meo-pcp it completely fucking freaked me out. I can't go into it too deeply, it's too detailed but 3-meo brought me to bluelight asking how to kill the trip for the first time ever. I seriously did not like the way this drug felt in the slightest, I was an anxious, rigid mess, frozen in time with ALL of my bad memories assailing me at once. It was simply un-fucking-bearable. No-ne replied for hours so I had to ride it out. Powerful, bizarre & long-acting stuff it may be, but you do not need 500mg of this.

If you asked me should you buy 2 grams of DOC or 20mg of 3-meo-pcp, I'd go with the DOC, fuck the 3-meo. Just me, I guess.

In comparison to my 3-meo freak out, my average DOC trip was thoroughly ecstatic!

In my opinion yes, because on one of the two occasions I used 3-meo-pcp it completely fucking freaked me out. I can't go into it too deeply, it's too detailed but 3-meo brought me to bluelight asking how to kill the trip for the first time ever. I seriously did not like the way this drug felt in the slightest, I was an anxious, rigid mess, frozen in time with ALL of my bad memories assailing me at once. It was simply un-fucking-bearable. No-ne replied for hours so I had to ride it out. Powerful, bizarre & long-acting stuff it may be, but you do not need 500mg of this.

If you asked me should you buy 2 grams of DOC or 20mg of 3-meo-pcp, I'd go with the DOC, fuck the 3-meo. Just me, I guess.

In comparison to my 3-meo freak out, my average DOC trip was thoroughly ecstatic!

Thanks for this. Noted.

I imagine I'll try 3-meo at some point, but not this time. :) I'll have the DOC in a few days, most likely. I'll update with my experience then.

@Xorkoth: You say that at .5-1mg it's active but not hectic. Active visually as well as stimulating? I'll find out for myself, I'm sure. But I'm wondering if for you at this dose, you're still able to do "normal" things that you wouldn't feel comfortable doing while impaired. Driving, for example. (Note: I would never condone driving while impaired--that's why I'm asking this. Even when I "think I can handle it" I make a concerted effort to avoid driving while on hallucinogens.)

Not really visual no, more like a light stimulation and well-being. It lasts almost as long as a full dose. The first couple of hours can be a bit funny feeling but then it drops into that nice plateau of goodness. I used to take .5-1mg doses pretty frequently as day boosters and go to work, etc... didn't impair me one bit. I'm not against doing that now either, I just try to keep my psychedelic use to a minimum. I may take .5mg for a 13 hour car ride this weekend, because on DOC I am always alert and never tired. This is my first time doing the drive alone (I usually drive it all but having a companion for company helps keep me awake when the last 4 hours hit).

It does gently saturate colors at that level, so colors appear more beautiful in a subtle way, but it doesn't produce full-on visuals. That starts at 1.5-2mg.

Not really visual no, more like a light stimulation and well-being. It lasts almost as long as a full dose. The first couple of hours can be a bit funny feeling but then it drops into that nice plateau of goodness. I used to take .5-1mg doses pretty frequently as day boosters and go to work, etc... didn't impair me one bit. I'm not against doing that now either, I just try to keep my psychedelic use to a minimum. I may take .5mg for a 13 hour car ride this weekend, because on DOC I am always alert and never tired. This is my first time doing the drive alone (I usually drive it all but having a companion for company helps keep me awake when the last 4 hours hit).

It does gently saturate colors at that level, so colors appear more beautiful in a subtle way, but it doesn't produce full-on visuals. That starts at 1.5-2mg.

I'm glad to hear it. It sounds reminiscent--though I'm sure subjectively quite different--to how I've felt on 1-2mg 5-meo-mipt. That is, some mild color enhancement or changes in the details I notice in scenery, but primarily a general attentiveness to the present, satisfaction with social interaction, and vague feeling of it being a "good day."

I'll of course start low for safety reasons, so I'll report back with how a low dose of DOC works out for me.

I've never tried DOC but I have taken DOB so since they're in the same family of drugs I'm guessing these analogues will be somewhat similar. Anyways I took mine on two over sized blotter papers (they were about 4x normal sized) and I quite liked the effects. No mental fog or change, great stimulation, pleasing and not over bearing visuals and great audio enhancement (I was at a club when I did it). Lasted quite long, I'd say a little longer than LSD but it was much more easy to come down off of. Even though it was stimulating it wasn't pushy at all, it felt like good energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.