• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I hate the feeling of being high, but love smoking?

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
This is a weird and dumb issue IMO. I love lighting bowls, rolling joints, packing bongs, inhaling smoke, breathing the smoke out with that good taste and smell. It's so fun. BUT I HATE BEING HIGH. The only thing I truly enjoy about being high is I sleep and eat well, and I guess the warm body buzz it gives off. I HATE THE HEAD HIGH, And there's no social fun. I don't even know where to begin how many nights it's ruined because it takes over my mind and ruins my social skills. But the moment that high wears off I get the craving off wanting to smoke more. Which sucks because I've never gone through more than an entire bowlpack in one sesh because once the weed hits me I fall into an abyss of paranoia and I put away all my weed. I DONT EVEN ENJOY MUSIC ON IT. Yes I don't do it anymore except when I'm alone but can anyone relate, I need advice?

When I get high, all my thoughts and feelings fall into a deep area that is completely isolated from reality and my surroundings. And it causes a lot of anti-social situations, that's the main reason I don't like it, I wish I hated smoking it tho.

I've smoked about 100-110 times probably, so I'm not like super new on it.

get weed that gives you a good body buzz with minimal thc.

smoke weed, eat dinner, watch tv for a bit and go to bed.

Try cigarettes?
Lol.....that's funny:) but you're right. You can roll your own cigarettes, inhale smoke, packing bongs might be difficult and pointless but I guess it still could be done. It'd definitely be cheaper!

when i stopped smoking weed, i started smoking cigarettes. if you roll your own you won't have to miss the "smoking-related activities", it tastes better and is also cheaper.
besides, the tobacco makes you clearheaded, motivated and helps you concentrating. all while having a slight relaxing effect. it really the obvious solution to this "problem".

Lol cigarettes? Damn weeds healthier & less addicting, anyways Id go with middies or medicinal more of a body high than a head high.

Lol cigarettes? Damn weeds healthier & less addicting, anyways Id go with middies or medicinal more of a body high than a head high.

Uh, You read the part where the guy said "I HATE BEING HIGH", right?

So I don't think the solution is to smoke pot, as that is going to get him high.

Anyway OP, yeah try smoking cigs, that should definitely satisfy your craving to smoke.

I'm one of the few who get nauseated and throw up every time they try tobacco. Which is awesome cuz I'll never really get addicted. I'm gonna just vape. I have a weird interest for weed and the thought of it but 95% of the time depending on where I am I won't enjoy it.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I love the feeling of inhaling my first 3-4 vaporization drags but once im actually high I do not enjoy myself. Once im high I basically keep to myself as I cannot be social on it, I feel way too awkward and judged even though I am often charismatic during the day when not high. It really dominates your life and changes your life style and I am on day 7 of quitting after 4 years of vaporizing 2-5 bowls every evening.

Can anyone answer whether or not smoking/vaporizing a strain that has little or no thc such as "Charlotte's Web" would give you the desired enjoyment of inhaling a product without the undesirable high? It would be amazing to be able to vap bowl after bowl and still feel normal.

if you dont like getting high any more, then stop smoking

dont start smoking cigs, it is an insidious habit to pick up, they are disgusting

find something to do instead of smoking, find a new hobby

Actually, weed deposits four times the amount of tar that tobacco does.

But on a quantitative basis your going to be inhaling far less weed smoke than tobacco smoke. For example a smoker smoking 20 cigarettes per day as opposed to a weed smoker consuming one or two joints, and while your very likely to smoke cigarettes on a daily basis the same is not true of weed.

I also agree with the OP on the basis that a 'weed high' has different effects for different people, I really used to enjoy smoking resin from a bong when I was a teenager, now I just get paranoid and unmotivated. The only positive aspect of smoking weed/resin for me now is its aphrodisiac effects.

But on a quantitative basis your going to be inhaling far less weed smoke than tobacco smoke. For example a smoker smoking 20 cigarettes per day as opposed to a weed smoker consuming one or two joints, and while your very likely to smoke cigarettes on a daily basis the same is not true of weed.

I also agree with the OP on the basis that a 'weed high' has different effects for different people, I really used to enjoy smoking resin from a bong when I was a teenager, now I just get paranoid and unmotivated. The only positive aspect of smoking weed/resin for me now is its aphrodisiac effects.

That is true, except smoking two joints is like smoking eight cigarettes, so it's like smoking half a pack.

Try hash. Or try mixing weed in your cigarette. The basic idea is to reduce the concentration of weed and just get it enough to send you in that warm state and not fuck your mind up.

Have some company around and try listening to music or watching tv.

Hi Behappystayhappy..
Your post could literally word for word be from myself. Been smoking for 10 years now and am exactly the same. Makes me a complete introvert.
Similar to what people of said already, try smoking less, thats what i am trying and it help a little, also if you can get it low potency weed. Unfortunately (or fortunate for some) all i can get round my way is really high grade skunk.

How long you been smoking if you dont mind me asking? How old are you etc?

Thanks

p.s oh and please dont start smoking cigarettes what a completely stupid suggestion! the person who made such a suggestion is an idiot!