• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I had a bad trip 8 months ago need help getting over it.

Alex450

Greenlighter
Hey guys I did lsd 8 months ago and had sort of a bad trip. Nothing too bad I just wasn't in the right setting like people say and I had a panick attack. I didn't do anything crazy I was just really scared about everything and I couldn't stop worrying about things like what if I do something wrong or if I lose control of myself or what if I end up in the hospital or what if my family finds out. Well after like an hour I just thought to myself whatever happens happens and it turned around to a good trip. After the next day I felt a bit differant but after like 2 days I was good and felt normal.

When it all went bad is when I started searching stuff about side effects and that's when I panicked some scary words came out like psychosis, scitzsofrania or however you spell it. The point is I got super scared so I did more research and I was reading posts about people going crazy forever or hearing voices and going nuts afterwards. I was super scared and so I had a mini panick attack and thought I was going crazy and I thought I had all the side effects in which I now know was the anxiety.

I got depressed and felt ashmed of doing the drug. I didn't dare look at the Internet for answers cause people would either say how lsd ruined their life forever and that there was no solution or how lsd is amazing and you should do it everyday. All I wanted was a you are going to be ok, you only did it once and you'll be able to live your life happily but I guess I couldn't find that. After 5 months of doing it I got way better and I started forgetting about everything and I am way better now. I go to the gym have friends I am a pretty happy person but just recently I decided to just make piece with what happened and have some questions answered.
1.does psycosis happen to everyone who does lsd? or just the people who do it often?
2.Does lsd change who you are cause I heard about people being changed I feel the same way maybe a little changed because of the depression I went through.
3.has anyone gone through what I have gone and been able to get past it.
4.does lsd have lifetime side effects?
5.they say lsd changes your brain chemistry does that mean it changes who you are?
My last question is how fast did you get over it and how.
Thank you for reading and I hope you guys can be of help and make me feel better :). Have a good day.

1.does psycosis happen to everyone who does lsd? or just the people who do it often?
No.
2.Does lsd change who you are cause I heard about people being changed I feel the same way maybe a little changed because of the depression I went through.
Many people say it changed their lives. It can change you, but so can lots of things. Moving to a new city, dating a new partner, or adopting a new hobby, for example.
Yes.
No.
5.they say lsd changes your brain chemistry does that mean it changes who you are?
No.
I haven't gone through such a thing, but others have. Recovery time varies widely but is usually a few months or less.

I'm going to tell you what you were hoping to find, but did not, because it's absolutely 100% true: You are definitely going to be OK, you will be able to live your life happily. You only did it once, but even if you did it 100 times, that would still be true.

I know more than 100 people who have taken LSD, most of them multiple times, and none of them have any kind of problem from it. There are plenty of studies around LSD that show it is not harmful to mental (or physical health). There's a study that actually shows that LSD users, on average, have a higher level of mental health than non-users, no joke.

I've personally taken it 25-50 times, and have never had any problems, aside from not being able to get to sleep the night after.

The brightest, most successful, well adjusted and happiest people I know have all taken LSD.

It sounds to me like you've come across fear-mongering anti-drug propaganda in your journeys around the web. It also sounds like you're dealing with some personal guilt over the drug too. You really don't need to feel any guilt about this, LSD is paradoxical in that it is such a big experience, so it feels like there should be a catch, but really .. there isn't. THERE IS NOTHING TO FEEL GUILTY ABOUT!!

It's *possible* to go into psychosis on LSD I guess, but I haven't seen it. I don't think it really happens much, maybe almost never. Probably it happens less in people who do it often, because you get really accustomed to the headspace, to the point where it's very comfortable and highly controlled.

LSD can change who you are in the same way that any powerful experience can change who you are - like seeing a very powerful film, your first time parachuting, having sex, having a child, experiencing a foreign culture. LSD doesn't change your brain chemically in any permanent way whatsoever.

Definitely. There's nothing to be scared of.

No, only in the sense of #2 above. LSD is probably the least harmful mind-altering substance we know of - compared to everything from beer to cigarettes to pot to cough syrup to heroin.

No, it does not, this is a myth. Wherever you got this idea from, it was cruel misinformation. Well, LSD changes your brain chemistry while you're high on it, but after it wears off, it's gone, there are no long term changes to your brain chemistry after taking LSD.

I've not had to get over this idea, because I went into it after I read a ton of scientific information about LSD, and was able to come to the conclusion that it is a very safe substance to take.

I've had to get over similar things though, that I realized were all in my head, and even after I found out the facts, it took a while for the anxiety to dissipate. But, finding out the truth is the first step, and it will dissolve the fears pretty fast.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about here, I promise :)