• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates I got Live Resin I need advice on how to make it orally active so I can put it into a capsule and consume it like an edible?

Echotango

Bluelighter
Okay unfortunately it wasn't until after I got it that I was told it can't be used the same way as THC Distillate can be used for oral/edible use. I was told I should decarboxylate it but more I search on the internet more I read confusing and conflicting information.

I was hoping someone can give me detailed insturctions on how to PROPERLY get 1 gram live resin for oral use whether that requires decarboxylating it or not?

Okay unfortunately it wasn't until after I got it that I was told it can't be used the same way as THC Distillate can be used for oral/edible use. I was told I should decarboxylate it but more I search on the internet more I read confusing and conflicting information.

I was hoping someone can give me detailed insturctions on how to PROPERLY get 1 gram live resin for oral use whether that requires decarboxylating it or not?
THC Distillate has already been decarboxylated as part of the process of making it. Yes you must decarboxylize the resin before it is orally active.

THC Distillate has already been decarboxylated as part of the process of making it. Yes you must decarboxylize the resin before it is orally active.

Okay now I read varying time frames and temperatues to use in an oven and i've even read people using a microwave. But what amount of time in the oven assuming that's the heating method u recommend and what temperatue... I've read 40 minutes at 200 degrees Farrenheit is most common. I know the terpenes will be gone which doesn't matter to me cuz I'll be consuming it via an empty vegetable capsule, but anything else I should know about the process?

And in case you want multiple sources (I'm pretty sure you can trust cheshire but I'd get it):

Yes! You can do pretty much anything you want as long as you decarb it first, which you already know. For decarb, use an enclosed jar. 240f/40 min. in a regular oven works fine. Have fun!

I find it’s taken me much longer than 40min to decarb. It’s taken me a few hours each time

Sweet so decarb 240F for 40 mins and then I could let it cool down and capsule up small amounts of it and weigh it on a mg scale for accuracy?

And use an enclosed jar so maybe a small mason jar with the lid on you mean?

Just trying to make something more discreet than tincture and easier to take

Stir it from time to time. If it still gets really bubbly it needs to be in the oven longer. When you stir it and no reaction happens you know it's fully decarbed.

When I started decarboxylizing in my oven after a lot of research of lab studies I settled on 250°f for temp. I would set my concentrate up in my oven without preheating, decarboxylate, turn the oven off and crack the door for cool down. Time wise around 3 hrs per batch. Later I bought an Ardent FX for decarboxylation, this also takes around 3 hrs per run as well with concentrates. Someone had mentioned stirring, however in my research temperature consistency is key to higher conversion %. So opening an oven to stir it does not seem like a great idea at least to me.

I'd recommend always starting off lower and slower than whatever recipe or guide or advice you're following for the first time. Treat the first run like a trial. If you get it right then that's fuckin' awesome, but if it's a little off you can learn from your mistakes and adjust to your preferences.

There's definitely something to be said for learning from the mistakes of your predecessors, however... Sometimes these guides and threads are fuckin' spot-on, it's just hard to tell what to trust when you're first being exposed to it.

Last edited:
Okay 1 thing I'm also wondering is what's the best thing to put it on as I got it in a glass container and I don't know if that's suitable... as I think about it I doubt it lol. What do you normally use to scoop it out too btw? Maybe a butter knife?

Another thought that I occured to me is it'll take longer to decarboxylate larger amounts of live resin so that would mean 1 gram should taker less time than 7 for example but question is how much longer is it significantly longer? I read in that reddit thread using an enclosed jar is best so I'll try using a small mason jar.

Okay 1 thing I'm also wondering is what's the best thing to put it on as I got it in a glass container and I don't know if that's suitable... as I think about it I doubt it lol. What do you normally use to scoop it out too btw? Maybe a butter knife?

I just use a dab tool. Usually one comes with new vape-kits and I have several, so I've got various types of these bitches lying around even though I haven't touched dabs/wax in YEARS (nsfw for size)

NSFW:
Yo-Dabber-Resin-Dabbers.jpg

Another thought that I occured to me is it'll take longer to decarboxylate larger amounts of live resin so that would mean 1 gram should taker less time than 7 for example but question is how much longer is it significantly longer? I read in that reddit thread using an enclosed jar is best so I'll try using a small mason jar.

Honestly? I'm not sure. This is a trial-and-error thing.

You really shouldn't expect your first batch to be perfect. Instead, it should be a trial run where you're actively trying to seek out and discover the things you don't already know. You're gonna fuck it up.

Again and again, things will end up less-than-desirable.

But then one day it clicks and suddenly you're the candyman for your entire block. Not even selling, just offering to neighbors because you're so god damn proud of the concoctions you've learned to cook up in the kitchen.

I wish I could be more help but I honestly have next-to-no experience with live rosin in any capacity other than dab pens.

That reddit thread suggests using an enclosed container that person planned on using a mason jar is that a good idea or will it blow up in my face?

That reddit thread suggests using an enclosed container that person planned on using a mason jar is that a good idea or will it blow up in my face?
So when it comes to reddit, you need to remember that you're not necessarily reading facts but you're ALWAYS reading personal experiences and anecdotes.

That honestly sounds like a bad idea to me but I'm not versed enough in the volatility of this shit to really make a call one way or the other. It might be perfectly safe but it sounds.... lol, sounds fuckin' risky to seal the jar and then start heating it up.

Admittedly, you're not aiming to burn or vaporize anything but surely vapors will form anyways? I guess the question is, at a temperature necessary for decarboxylation, would a secured container cause enough pressure to form to potentiate an explosion?

I really don't know, dude, but uhhh.... if you want to give it a shot? You know, in the name of science? That'd be cool.

Okay I left 1 gram in the oven at 200F for about 35 minutes then turned off the oven looked at it and saw what looked like salt at the bottom but I'm unsure that's just some inactive plant material or some shit or if they're really super tiny bubbles lol? Does anyone know if the bubbles would be super small or not?

Okay I left 1 gram in the oven at 200F for about 35 minutes then turned off the oven looked at it and saw what looked like salt at the bottom but I'm unsure that's just some inactive plant material or some shit or if they're really super tiny bubbles lol? Does anyone know if the bubbles would be super small or not?

Could be, but normally you should be able to tell the difference between bubbles and crystallization.

Honestly, though, if it were me and I were going through this process for the first time with you.... I would tell myself that the product started out safe enough to smoke, right? And we haven't done anything but heat it up, right? So we didn't add anything to it, but it looks like something clumped together and formed little crystals inside... which is weird, but we didn't add anything to it. I say we make the fuckin' brownies.

but idk, that's just my thought process. I don't think you contaminated your rosin, I think there was just a little bit of crystallization but I can't account for why or what specifically within your concentrate started to clump together. Whatever it is, though, rest assured that it was already there when you started off-- it just looks different now.

Could be, but normally you should be able to tell the difference between bubbles and crystallization.

Honestly, though, if it were me and I were going through this process for the first time with you.... I would tell myself that the product started out safe enough to smoke, right? And we haven't done anything but heat it up, right? So we didn't add anything to it, but it looks like something clumped together and formed little crystals inside... which is weird, but we didn't add anything to it. I say we make the fuckin' brownies.

but idk, that's just my thought process. I don't think you contaminated your rosin, I think there was just a little bit of crystallization but I can't account for why or what specifically within your concentrate started to clump together. Whatever it is, though, rest assured that it was already there when you started off-- it just looks different now.

It might be my perspective but it seems like I'm left with less live resin material than I began with of 1 gram/1000mg?

Ya I think it's crystallization of some type I just wasn't sure if it might be bubbles and I need to heat it up for longer. But I took a dose of what weighed out to roughly 63mg on a scale so I'd say at the advertised 80-90% THC it has at least 50mg in it and I usually take that or 100mg with a bit of a tolerance so I might need to take more as I don't think i didn't notice any effects.

Or is it possible i didn't heat it long enough or at high enough temp? Some say to do it at 250F instead of 200f and I did it for 35 then let it sit in the oven until it cooled down so idk if that counted for the 40 miuntes they say to do it at?

My end solution is having zero effect on me at 160+mg dose wich should at least provide some slight effect some kind but it's not and idk what I dont what I did wrong or how to fix it and I sure AF do feel safe throwing another fresh gram into the oven to be renderred well whatever I got herE?

Should I just take it and stick it in the over for another 40 minutes except this time at a higher temperature than 200F... would it be wise for me to try it at 250F for 40 minutes or would that end badly?

Should I just take it and stick it in the over for another 40 minutes except this time at a higher temperature than 200F... would it be wise for me to try it at 250F for 40 minutes or would that end badly?

So me, as a layman, I'm thinking if you're already having 0 effect then another round in the oven won't hurt a damn thing.

I'm honestly not tracking the whole process very well at the moment but I didn't want you to feel completely ignored.

I put it in the oven for another 40 minutes at 225f but it still is producing zero effects... on the other hand there is way less "crystallization" also for the record I get this from the grey market but from a very reputable source, that being said I don't think I'd be confident smoking it thinking it's 100% safe lol but eating it I do.

Last edited:
I see. If you are not feeling anything and you have doubts about it being legit than toss it. If the source is indeed very reputable (and I think this stuff is easy to find if I recall?) I mean if you are 100 percent sure you have thca I would say smoke a few 5 mg dabs?

Now if your wrong and its fent that could end you, so my official advise is send it to a lab to have it tested if you feel nothing from too large an oral dose.

what I would do but NOT advise you or anyone else to do would be the 5 mg dabs till I was sure it was or wasn't thca

I see. If you are not feeling anything and you have doubts about it being legit than toss it. If the source is indeed very reputable (and I think this stuff is easy to find if I recall?) I mean if you are 100 percent sure you have thca I would say smoke a few 5 mg dabs?

Now if your wrong and its fent that could end you, so my official advise is send it to a lab to have it tested if you feel nothing from too large an oral dose.

what I would do but NOT advise you or anyone else to do would be the 5 mg dabs till I was sure it was or wasn't thca

Wait, was fentanyl ever in the discussion? I feel like that was a joke, lol

but if i missed something and it's even a question, fuck getting it tested.

toss it, man.

don't do it, man, it's not worth it to risk it....
(you're right!)
not over this shit...
[STOP!]
drop the biscuit

okay i'm sorry yall, i think i'm either going crazy or just locked in to autism