• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates I got CBG and CBD Isolate Powder and I was wondering how I can get it tested to be 100% positive what it is?

Drag2019

Bluelighter
I'm not entirely certain what I got technically since I didn't get it from a legalized dispensary that provides confirmed lab tests but I was hoping I can do that part on my own even if it is just a cheap testing kit for it but when I was looking into them 7 years ago they didn't have much in regards to my situation.

You can get a reagent test kit set to rule out other compounds, but I'm not aware of tests that differentiate CBG and CBD.
If you're really paranoid then get a full set of reagent test kits and some fent and xylazine strips, then when everything turns out negative you can start by taking 1mg and slowly work your way up to a full dose (e.g. 1mg -> 2mg -> 5mg -> 7.5mg -> 10mg -> 15mg -> 20mg)

good advice from arrall

Are there not COA's available for these? i have seen a number of cannabinoids become available since the changes of laws in countries because they are more affordable to produce as they can do larger scale operations without the law kicking down their door

If where you live is a testing facility, they will test it.

Otherwise CBD is imo inactive and CBG seemingly also? So you can't use the method of allergy test to activity. Any reason you bought this. I get the combo THC or another active cannabinoid with an inactive one like CBD and some Terpenes. If it does nothing what do you expect from it?

If you're in the US, many CBD/CBG/CBN products are shoddy and contaminated with low levels of various other cannabinoids, including THC.

Not enough to necessarily get you high, but enough to potentially fail a drug test.

One way to tell is if it lists "hemp oil". These are impure. If it tastes like weed or terpenes, it's hemp oil.

Pure, isolated CBD/CBG should be tasteless.

But the only real way to know is to send it to a place like drugsdata.org. Costs $100.

Edit: Chem Spider lists the boiling point of CBG at 470 degrees C, not feeling good about this!

Last edited:
Ok, well you have to be careful heating things so that you don't get hurt. At a minimum please wear safety goggles.

But if you have a substance, and you think that the substance is relatively pure, you can heat the substance and notice the temperature at which it boils. It will probably be off by a bit if it is impure. The purer it is, the closer the boiling point will be to the literature values that I reported above.
If the boiling point is way off, it means that they sent you the wrong substance.

...do you own a fire extinguisher?

Edit: I just noticed that CBG boils at 248 degrees, I'm not sure that your stove top can safely heat much above that. Do you know how hot your stovetop goes to?

Edit: So basically you just find a safe way to heat it up and note the temperature at which it boils. I don't want to over-complicate it for you. The real issue is safety but if you're the sort of person used to cooking food at home you basically already have the requisite skills for this.

Ok so I put it in boiling water and then take a thermometer to it and check the temperature? It should be very pure btw but I'm worried I may of received a synthetic cannabinoid by accident for example or some other type isolate.

No water involved. The idea is that different chemicals boil at different temps. If it gets heated up slowly its easier to observe the temp. Like in a pan with the cannabinoid in the pan and a meat thermometer touching the pan to observe temps

Keep in mind this is incredibly crude and it can be easy to mistake chemicals for others when they have similar boiling points, a thermometer might not even be able to read temps high enough and gotta keep in mind C vs F

No water involved. The idea is that different chemicals boil at different temps. If it gets heated up slowly its easier to observe the temp. Like in a pan with the cannabinoid in the pan and a meat thermometer touching the pan to observe temps

Keep in mind this is incredibly crude and it can be easy to mistake chemicals for others when they have similar boiling points, a thermometer might not even be able to read temps high enough and gotta keep in mind C vs F

Thanks for weighing in. Looks like CBG might actually boil at 470 degrees Celcius? I'd rather that homeboy not shoot for that, heh. Maybe density? I'm trying to look up density for CBG.

Urgh, this web site reports density as 1.0±0.1 g/cm3

But that's similar to water. I'm not liking this. @Drag2019

I might have to admit that I gave you bad advice. While boiling point would be a fantastic way to test the purity of your CBG, I'm not comfortable asking you to heat it to 470 degrees C. It could be done, but you'll have to get a specialized thermometer. Maybe a specialized stove. Probably not worth it. I can't think of a handy way to test it at home. Really sorry, Brah. This is embarrassing.