I got a 72 hour notice of eviction because of my O.D.

In the US, landlords have WAY too much control over the livelihoods of their tenants. Move to Canada, where landlords can't do shit to you after the lease is signed.

It sounds like things are looking up for you. Great job! I am glad you are okay and your family seems to be doing okay as well :)

However... if you do use recreational drugs.... be careful, be VERY careful. Have a safe limit, and stick to it. I personally would not do drugs again if I was you, but its not for me to tell you what to do or what not to do. Just be safe :)

Kyk said:
In the US, landlords have WAY too much control over the livelihoods of their tenants. Move to Canada, where landlords can't do shit to you after the lease is signed.

If the tenant has more rights, the landlord has fewer rights. It's a zero sum game. There's no sense in taking all the rights away from the landlord and giving them to the tenants. That's as bad as the reverse. It needs to be balanced between the two sides.

Missykins said:
Rehab is pricey. I went for 28 days and it cost me $30,000, a relative bargain.

Im sorry? Thirty thousand dollars American? Yeah addicts must be swarming to get into rehab. They gain the courage and self control to admit the problem and attend rehab, then they're footed with roughly 1k a day? Ridiculous...

I'm sorry to hear about your original problem, but it sounds like things are looking up after reading every post. Hope things go well for your from here on in :)

titicaca2 said:
Update:

Haven't done a single drug since the 11th of september. Boyfriend has court on the 13th, first offense. Got into a very nice apartment in a neighboring city for $99. Upscale. He is back to work now, my job wasn't affected. We just live with my mom, got rid of the shitty room mate.

So how am I addicted? How was it out of control? I've been "clean" for 2 weeks. I did a stupid thing and mixed clonazepam and heroin in the same day. That was my mistake. I will never do it again. I believe I can safely use recreational drugs.

I dont think you need to be petty and "stick one" to some of the people on here who were trying to help. While I agree with most posts on here that its your private business, and people shouldn't assume things when they're not in ur situation, you dont need to prove to random people online that ur situation is manageable. Based on ur posts it seems like ur shit is together and it was just shit luck

dude 30 K for rehab? I find it hard to realize that people do not know about free christian based rehabs.... I know it may not be ideal for some people...but if its saving you 30 thousand.... why not give it a try. Anyways about the legal issue... I had my landlord try to evict me for some fire that happened... long story, and we bargained for a 1 more chance kind of thing.... I find that it helps to kiss major ass to landlords before hand, so when something like this happens they are more likely to give you a second chance... if you act like an ass, then they would rather have you gone...

jr916 said:
that sucks...a loser buddy of mine, got caught havin sex wit a girl in our apartments(at about 2 in the afternoon, while kids were gettin off school buses)....and the landlords tried to pull the same shit, until his mom begged and begged, and said if she could stay but he had 24 hours to get the fuck out.....i saw him awhile ago, and drank sum beer with him at his "river campground"..........i shit you not, the said girl was there too

Your apartment forbids sex?

implicitprodigy said:
dude 30 K for rehab? I find it hard to realize that people do not know about free christian based rehabs.... I know it may not be ideal for some people...but if its saving you 30 thousand.... why not give it a try. Anyways about the legal issue... I had my landlord try to evict me for some fire that happened... long story, and we bargained for a 1 more chance kind of thing.... I find that it helps to kiss major ass to landlords before hand, so when something like this happens they are more likely to give you a second chance... if you act like an ass, then they would rather have you gone...

It's dudette.