View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I finally took the leap!!!!!

fermonos

Bluelighter
Okay guys, so I finally after years of wanting to try psychedelics took the leap yesterday and done one.

I done 2C-B, and all I can say is it was breath taking, I took a modest dose of 9mg because I was nervous and definitely felt visuals and elevated mood/body high. After 50 minutes I took another 9mg for a total of 18mg.

Anyway, I hear a lot on the internet people saying 2C's are really weak when it comes to psychedelics both in the mind and visuals and 2C-B being one of the weakest. It's really weird because I was having full blown hallucinations, I mean I wasn't exactly seeing people or animals but the tracers and colour shifts were so vivid and real looking, also when I was looking at still images of woodland or cities areas on my computer (I tripped at home in my bedroom for comfort and safety) it felt like everything was moving. Just one image felt like a full two hour movie both in time and how I perceived it.

I'll explain it a bit better, (Image link below) when I was listening to this song and looking at the image. Every time I moved my eyes it was like it changed to a whole new picture. Everywhere I looked something was new and the full picture came to life, it felt like I was watching a movie and each time I looked somewhere else the scene on that movie changed also time was really slow for me I mean the full 4 minute song felt like 2 hours and the 2-3 hours I was tripping felt like a good 16 hours or something. It was crazy, it never got too intense apart from the pain in my head I felt. Kind of like a come down from MDMA but that only happened once the visuals started to stop so I think it was down to coming down.

The full trip was amazing, I had almost no anxiety at all apart from a few minor thought loops where I thought I could be in serious trouble because I felt numb but quickly told myself it's just the drug itself and carried on with the high, it was one of the best experiences in my life. I remember going out my back garden around 35-40 minutes in after taking the first 9mg and this is when the I noticed the first visuals. I looked up at the sky and since the clouds were moving pretty fast due it to being pretty windy that day it looked as if the clouds were melting from the sky but falling downwards. It was crazy, so hard to explain. The visuals I enjoyed the most was the 'tracers' like everything what was moving would leave a shadow. You know like if I swooped my hand in front of my face I'd see a duplicate of my hand moving along like everything was slow motion.

TL;DR All that being said, I had a great time on 2C-B. I'm just wondering would the jump to LSD be fine when I thought the visuals from 2C-B were that intense? If so what other psychedelics could I try instead? Also I know 2C-B has a crazy tolerance issue so how long until I can trip again with the same effects on the same dosage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMBooNHVQEU

Last edited:
Sounds like it would be fine to me. I started with acid and trying 2cb this weekend. Glad to hear you enjoyed the substance. Got me excited and stuff.

Nice, so glad to hear this. :) Yeah, those 18 mgs 2CB first trips for people are very nice. I would go 21mgs, then 25mgs before jumping into LSD. LSD is a long drawn out all day or night thing. After a little more experience with 2CB I would go ahead with LSD if you still feel it.

I love it when people get to this point, they trip and look at life a little different. And then feel happy that they did it. Special is the word!

Nice, glad your first trip was awesome. :)

LSD is much longer than 2C-B and also much more psychological. I find it to be very euphoric usually, and pretty much ideal in every way, kind of the archetypal psychedelic, but it's a lot more psychedelic than 2C-B. So are mushrooms, in fact myself and many others find mushrooms harder to handle than LSD. The thing about LSD is, it lasts a long time, 8-12 hours. So you're stuck with it for better or worse.

Honestly though, I think you'd probably enjoy it, the way you described what you liked about your first 2C-B trip leads me to believe you're probably the type to enjoy psychedelics. I think the above suggestion is good, jump up in dose of 2C-B first maybe, just to experience a bit deeper. Taking 9mg and then 9mg more later is not going to be as strong as taking 18mg at once. 2C-B is very forgiving, it's actually hard for me to imagine having a bad experience on it.

And you mentioned not seeing people or animals... that's not really what any psychedelic is like, the visuals are more patterning, trails, morphing of objects, stuff like that. Also closed-eye visuals can be incredible, you can really go on journeys with your eyes closed. I highly recommend listening to music and laying down and closing your eyes.

By the way 2C-B doesn't have a crazy tolerance thing, all psychedelics produce intense short-term tolerance. If you take them again before a week, or better yet, 2 weeks, you will get diminished effects. But LSD has this just as much as 2C-B, or any psychedelic.

2C-B can certainly be quite visual, not sure who says that it's not... at lower dosages it can be more empathogen-like (and entactogen) than psychedelic but at a high enough dose it can really be highly visual. Compare that to other psychedelics like certain 5-MeO tryptamines or 2C-G which can just be quite low on visuals probably until you pretty much overdose.

Going to LSD should be fine, although trying 2C-B some more is not a bad idea either in general. Like I was trying to say already: having strong visual effects is really not abnormal with 2C-B but you do seem to have decently high sensitivity, tho not unreasonably.
However mentally 2C-B is relatively unthreatening usually, for most people it doesn't really warp and confuse what and who they feel like they are. Trying LSD by titrating and trying some low dosages first should also be pretty safe and typically not hard, but as you go up in dosage it can be much more of a challenge than 2C-B. Which really requires proper set and setting and preparation.
So don't get overconfident because of how easy 2C-B is, but you sound like you realize that you shouldn't expect all psychedelics to be (easy like) 2C-B.

I agree mushrooms are harder to handle (than most other psychedelics for me actually): for me they have much less of a doable/easy low dose before the effects ramp up. For me, 4-HO-tryptamines like those in mushrooms tend to have more of an intrinsic effect to distort things not superficially but deeply, in their essence. So not just how things look but also really what they are to you. There is also more emotional interplay and high suggestability. This can blow your experiences out of proportion: a nasty person can become devilish to you, a strange looking person can turn into a frog. More of an alice in wonderland situation which can get people lost and can make them feel like they have gone crazy.

LSD can do that too, but mostly at sufficiently high dosages. Below those it should be forgiving, so if you go up in incremental steps (use the same batch) and prepare well you can learn to deal with this kind of thing without huge surprises. Jumping in the deep end is not recommended. It can be more of a memorable experience but it can also be deeply challenging and a true test of character, sometimes so intense that it seems like 6 months [worth of experiences and learning] have went by.

welcome to the club. don't know who would say 2cb isn't visually powerful the visuals are amazing neon fractals. and even had to the point of being in immersive worlds with beings/buildings.