• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I feel more alive/myself on meth...?

I wouldn't get into doing meth bro. That will end up giving you more problems than you had before you started it. Like someone above said, it kind of sounds like you have ADD. You could probably get tested and prescribed adderall. That way what you will be taking will be legally prescribed to you, and it wont mess you up like meth would in the long run.

ADD/ADHD meds like Adderall really can mess people up in the long run though. I've seen people go through it, it's not a pretty process.

Methamphetamine just tends to end with negative experiences as it is a much longer duration when compared to ADD/ADHD meds, and it is more rewarding/reinforcing.

People can still go through the same negative patterns of effects with ADD/ADHD meds though.

The problem is that if you don't need to be taking these sorts of medications it's better not to. Also, some people tend to abuse drugs in excess more than their peers, this would be the kind of person who should stay away from amphetamines all together.

I think you should pursue it. If you aren't diagnosed, you'll never know. And everyone knows METH IS BAD. We get it. But one day I noticed that my meth habits were kinda weird. I used it to write and do homework. It calmed me. I went from taking crazy high doses to taking doses that my friends just laughed at.
Now I take amp and d-amp daily is two 15mg doses, well 40mg of Vyvanse and 15mg of Adderall. When I used to IV meth i'd do 500mg at a time? How is it I'm happy on such a small oral dose? I have ADHD. Duh, it is bad to abuse meth, but if you haven't been diagnosed ADHD and seen how these meds can greatly improve every aspect of your life, you really can't say what the OP should or shouldn't do.
I take amphetamine. I also eat, sleep, excercise, do volunteer work, sing in the church choir, attend N/A meetings and haven't touched meth in a year. No need to. When I feel OK in my own skin the idea of taking some other mind-altering substance is laughable, as I'm just fine how I am. I can reason with myself and conlude that I just don't need other drugs and that is an ENORMOUS BLESSING.

This is exactly what I was trying to state, that not everyone who may have had a meth problem, will end up having a problem with ADD/ADHD meds, and that for some people like yourself, you don't need an exceedingly high dosage of your medications to get good medicinal effects out of it. :)

I'm glad to hear that it's an enormous blessing for you as well. This is exactly how I feel about being on d-amp myself.

You are still young and have lots to learn! Have fun and experiment, but do your research. Don't just do a drug without knowing how much, the side effects, what to do if something goes wrong, what to have with you when you are on it....Be smart. I wouldn't start doing meth full time buddy. Bad things. Let the Docs prescribe you something. I'm telling you find something else. It's too dangerous. Do coke or smoke crack thats even better!!

Hmm.. this thread got me thinking. Some friends of mine who had ADHD/ADD suggested I could have it aswell, found it a strange thing to say at the time. Come to think of it I also feel way more like myself when I'm on MDMA/speed... I thought ADHD was just about being reaaally hyper or something lol.