• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

I feel like MDMA has consumed me

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
So i attended my first rave about 6 months ago and took MDMA for the first time aswell, the absolute highlight of my life. I'm a HUGE EDM lover. Since then i choose my favorite artist playing each month and go to one rave a month and roll, so i am taking precautions, limiting myself to the "recromended" spacing between rolls. But raving/rolling is on my mind 24/7 and its almost as if im seriously counting down the seconds till i get to roll at the next rave, im not sure if this is a good or bad thing, and it seems like the time goes by slower and the anticipation grows stronger after each roll i take... so, not really sure what the question is, i guess i just want to hear some opinions on this.

I was like this in the beginning too.. i obsessed over specific festivals and artists, making sure i had MDMA all right down to the timing. But once you experience the negative impacts of MDMA use over a long period of time i think the level of anticipation decreases; for me it was simply a matter of the comedown outweighing the high to the point that it wasn't worth it and i eventually lost that excitement..

Of course it would be better if you didn't have to reach that point, but with a substance like MDMA everyone eventually push's the boundaries.. but that's how we learn.

I was like this in the beginning too.. i obsessed over specific festivals and artists, making sure i had MDMA all right down to the timing. But once you experience the negative impacts of MDMA use over a long period of time i think the level of anticipation decreases; for me it was simply a matter of the comedown outweighing the high to the point that it wasn't worth it and i eventually lost that excitement..

Of course it would be better if you didn't have to reach that point, but with a substance like MDMA everyone eventually push's the boundaries.. but that's how we learn.

Thanks alot for the reply! what was the amount you were doing MDMA to hit that point of getting such negative impacts?

I was the same. I used to fantasize and obsess about it all the time. Eventually I just became less interested. For me, it had nothing to do with negative side effects which I've still never really experienced. Now I've been taking it for 2 years and a few months and I still think about it and get excited, but it's no longer a constant obsession and 'counting down the seconds' kind of thing you talk about.

The drug is so magical that I think it's pretty normal for us to become obsessed with it. Eventually that obsession subsides.

Thanks alot for the reply! what was the amount you were doing MDMA to hit that point of getting such negative impacts?

I kept it at once a month for a while, this was usually between 150-200mg dose's. So i don' think i was over doing it but my emotional state eventually wore out over the years and like JWills mentioned i simply just lost interest.. it's an incredible feeling, but over time i feel like you become tolerant to that high and it lose's some of the initial spark it once had..

Dude,

I just want to say that no matter about all the bad things MDMA did to me, that phase of my life where I was excited about the next roll and could not stop thinking about it was absolutely the best period of my life. Just make sure you enjoy it as much as possible without unnecessarily damaging yourself. I am certain you will look back in years, as I am now, and think "wow - those were the days!!".

Now onto the balanced discussion part...

First of all I think if you keep it to once a month absolute maximum, and try to make it 6 weeks or longer where possible, then you are being fairly careful. So from a health point of view, unless you start to notice negative effects I wouldn't worry too much. And I recommend avoiding ALL other drugs to be safe.

In terms of the constant thinking about your next roll, I don't see any harm really. As long as you are happy in life and heading in the right direction with your education or career then things are good, my friend :D

The fact you came here at an early stage asking if MDMA usage can get out of hand suggest you have a sensible head on your shoulders, so I think you will be fine. If things change, though, come back for another opinion on here definitely.

It happens man. My first time was September 2012, and it was all I could think about for months afterwards.

Right now I've had the same batch of pills for months and have no trouble limiting my usage. Most people get over the 'honeymoon' phase after a year or less. I totally get where you're coming from...MDMA blew my mind wide open the first time I tried it...it was all I could think about for a long time. You'll get past it, and realise it's just another drug with positives and negatives to be had. Keep an eye on your usage but once a month is pretty standard for someone who's new to it.

try different party drugs that are not molly. I've had plenty of success channeling shrooms at a rave, very enlightening and euphoric experience. No come down too..

sucks to suck.
i rage harder pt-sober.

did the environment of idm/edm (-,-;;
come first or the dr00gz?

also vitamins and supplement replenishment/hydration
i dont come down

it's normal that you look forward to every next roll, but if you feel it's consuming you... find some way to enjoy sober life more, a hobby, exercising, playing an instrument... I don't know but if it consumes you something's not right.