View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I feel like 25-inbome messed me up.

heavypop

Greenlighter
First of all: hello everyone, that's my first post on this forum.
And sorry in advance for my english :D

Anyway here's problem: I feel like 25inbome fucked me up.
I've tripped just once, 2 weeks ago with 2 25inbome blotters+one joint. The trip was filled with anxiety and paranoia (I wasn't scared about actual people spying on me, it was more about thoughts that I didn't percieve as mine; also I used to give a personality to every fucking inanimate object in my home and that led to many uncoveniences since there's nothing more scarier in my head than an animate towel). Also I used to think in every moment ''I can't do it, this is TOO real'', I just couldn't possibly think about all that matter inside and outside of my house. Also: since my perception was so definite I thought for several hours that I was in a dream and that bothered me so much (who were the spectators? was I the main character?). I could have prevented it by closing my eyes but staying with myself was atrocious: there were so many voices, loop thoughts and nonsensical images. My imagination developed pictures without bondaries and many time the results scared me (eg: there's a factory->the factory has a face->in the factory's eyes there are tenth of monkey skulls->I can see foxes feasting on those skulls->the factory starts laughing->I think ''Why is the factory laughing?'' but I find no sense in that action-> I get scared).

Now: where's the problem?
I keep experiencing all these thoughts everytime I smoke weed. In the same. exact. way.
It's scary as fuck: everything outside me is TOO real and I can't watch it for too long; everything in my head is too irrational, I can think about things but I know that at a certain point I'll have to open my eyes in order to avoid pictures and things that are TOO nonsensical with my mind.
It's like experiencing pure madness for a certain span of time. Since I'm not able to look at things without feeling horrified there's literally no escape, no free zone. I also can see ''things'': the visual are obviously much weaker than the 25inbome one. I can't project fractals on a wall for example, but if I close my eyes I can vividly see pictures. They're often guided by my will (eg: I want to focus on this particular part of the picture) sometime they're not (eg: I'm looking at an immense tower and suddendly I'm looking at immense line of beer cans).

Why am I experiencing all of this? Is it normal? Should I stop using drugs forever? Only for a certain period? Should I keep smoking weed in order to ''train'' my mind and overcome all of these immense fears?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

You should stop doing all drugs, it will likely fade after a long while. I knew a girl that smoked bake and tripped the fuck out, she couldn't smoke weed for over a year. Smoking weed brought her back to a scary trip-like state. I love closed eye visuals on pot. Anyways, I'd stop doing all drugs and try to chill.

NBOMe is garbage, but maybe psychedelics aren't for you.

Stay away from nbome's for good they are extremely unpredictable and have killed many people, my friend being one of them. Stop all drugs until you feel your symptoms subside. Make sure to eat a healthy balanced diet and get enough exercise to put your body and mind in the position to heal and rebalance. You should be fine but if the symptoms persist, get checked out by a Dr. Good luck!

My opinion, as some one who suffered from PTSD like symptoms after accidentally overdosing on 2c-p after months of tripping multiple times a week years ago, is to refrain from drugs in general. If I had to guess what happened, there is a saying that "cells that fire together wire together". Now I won't pretend to understand the neuroscience of psychedelics, but this simple phrase has always stuck with me. I can't tell you this is what happened, but as a metaphor I think it works well. I don't want to scare you, and in fact I will say for awhile after my overdosing I researched a lot into flashbacks/HPPD/permanent derealization and looking back that only added to anxiety of the situation, which in turn only made things worse. but if your experiencing these symptoms so profoundly you cannot ignore them then you'll end up investigating them. so I'll give you the good news first. I recovered. I literally never thought I would, but after about a year and a half I realized I no longer suffered any symptoms.

To make a long story longer I'll tell you what it took, what worked and what didn't for me. Benzodiazepines worked for relieving the stress and anxiety of the situation, but I ended up becoming addicted to phenazepam of all drugs but that a different story. I certainly don't recommend even of thinking about going down that road. I smoked weed religiously before the experience, and never once did it give me anxiety, but for a month or two after the experience I could not smoke without inducing a panic attack. Eventually I smoked occasionally and sometimes it was like it use to be and sometimes it wasn't. I even tried tripping sometimes, because I can't explain how much taking psychedelics means to me on a personal level. It went about as well as you would expect. Eventually I took a 6 month hiatus from all mind altering substances. I lived very healthily. It was only then that I began to make substantial recovery. I started thinking about it less and less. The weird thoughts came less and less. The hppd began to be less notable. A day came when I decided to smoke weed again, and I didn't have a panic attack from doing so, and I haven't since. And after many, many months of a gradual decline, and it was never a "I woke up one morning and it was gone" type deal, but I realized I no longer suffered any symptoms. I was normal.

And now here's the really good news; I abused psychedelics in a way not many people do, and I returned to normal. You have tripped once. I believe you will return to normal, and probably at a much faster pace. But either way it will take time. Don't get discouraged if it takes longer then you think it should. Just live your life healthily and happily as possible, and new neural pathways will open, and those will become the norm. I personally don't believe psychedelics alter the person driving the machine permanently, or at least that has been my own, and my observed experience. And one day whether a month or a year down the line you will think back and remember that strange experience you went through, and how scared you were when you thought you had done permanent damage, and you will be amazed at the body's ability to return to homeostasis, both physically and mentally.

Nowadays I once again use psychedelics regularly, albeit much more responsibly, and I have no problems what so ever.

I will say one final thing, though I don't think it will mean anything to you as a person with only one psychedelic experience, and a bad one at that. Psychedelics are the most variable drugs I know of. I have had trips exactly as you describe, completely illogical and just strange. My mind forms thought patterns and sentences that don't make since, and that I don't even seem to have control over. Randomness. I have had the opposite, where psychedelics, once again seemingly in control of the process, have formed philosophically beautiful ideas, personal revelations I cherish more then anything I have ever thought before. Where everything means everything because of everything else, that everything fits in, in exactly its right time and place, because of everything that lead up to it and because of everything that will follow. Order. I think they're both valid view points, from a certain point of view. The universe is a strange place, and were all stuck interpreting it the best we know how. Thats the problem and miracle of consciousness, that we exist in a sea of randomness, but have the ability to give it meaning if we choose. And the problem with psychedelics is that I can have beautiful revelations and never act on them, or experience derealization that hangs around without my choosing.

Stop taking psychoactive substances. If the problem is that bad consult a doctor. Let your doctor know what substances you've used and be honest. The problems could just be a result of the trip itself and may last several weeks before you feel like you've returned to normal. I'd highly suggest avoiding the NBOME family at all costs. NBOME is extremely dangerous and can kill people at normal/small doses. Stay safe!

Every one I know that has done nbomes including Swim has gotten hppd. It is some fucked up shit. Swim swore to never do it again. If you want to trip do real LSd

I experienced a mild form of what you have described but it had my brain fried for like two weeks solid maybe longer I didn't feel like my brain was right again until I done a deep meditation session on a sliver of LSD (~60ug) after that I didn't experience any hppd or lowness (wouldn't say depression but I was defo a bit more down over that period) . I'm not saying to fix it you're gonna needa trip again but I feel that the meditation helped considerably as well as waiting a while before taking the LSD which was meant to be a lower dose just to see friends through their first LSD experience but I got more than expected an it just added to my recovery thankfully , although I didn't stop blazing and I'd say that if I had it would have been a quicker recovery . I'll never do 25i again or any other nbomes , I'll be sticking to the classics , 1p-LSD (which if LSD availability is an issue id recommend because IME it was the purest nicest trip I've ever had) and other lysergamides

It's called a bad trip. It happens to everyone! Don't worry about it and it'll be fine. You will NEVER forget this experience, so learn from it. Focus on the positive aspects of your trip, what made the experience fun or exciting? Then figure out what made the trip bad. Focus on what made you anxious or paranoid and try to figure out what you could do to avoid these thoughts next time. I'd reccomend taking a different substance next time also, Nbomb has a pretty bad rep since its usually marketed as LSD and has been responsible for countless overdoses. You can continue using drugs, I'd stay away from psychedelics for a while, until your comfortable with your mental state. Cannabis shouldn't be a problem. I've experienced "tripping" off weed after my first psychedelic experience similar to this one so it is normal and safe! I would reccomend taking advantage of this and use cannabis to desensitize yourself to the these recurring feelings of horror.