• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I dont want to get high, Just relax

neverstop said:
I knew there was something up with that Accutane shit!:X Your not the only person I've seen affected like this, man that shit should be taken off the market, now I'm definitely not taking it.

I really think you should reconsider. I finished my course of Accutane last summer, and at the risk of sounding shallow and vain, it's really improved my life. I would go so far as to call it a miracle drug. Before Accutane I tried every other prescription medicine out there and nothing worked. Since I've completed my course, I've barely had a single blemish, and my skin hasn't looked this good since I was 8. I don't have to cringe when I see my reflection, I can look people in the face, I can feel confident actually walking outside the house. Please don't call the drug shit. The world would lose one of the most valuable pharmaceuticals out there if Accutane were taken off the market.

I'm not saying it's impossible that Accutane could have contributed to the TC's anxiety. But Accutane treatments take place over 6 months or more. The emergence of the TC's mental problems loosely coinciding with his Accutane treatment doesn't indicate causality.

I have heard and read about so many suicidal events happenning to people who were on it.

The suicide rate of Accutane users has been shown to be no greater than that of the general population. Of course you hear about suicides by people on Accutane, because the media jumps all over things like that. And when a teenager commits suicide, you can sure as hell bet that the parents are going to look for a convenient scapegoat. As for any incidence of depression, mightn't it be because people with severe acne are more likely to be depressed anyway?

Last edited:
meh, the accutane = suicide scare is bullshit.

it started when a congressman's daughter or son killed himself on it.

ever consider that people with disfiguring acne are more prone to suicide?

I have to appologize. You are very right. And yes Accutane did work wonders for my acne. It really did what it was suppose to do. Unfortunately for me my DR kept me on it for 2 years. It actually took that long to get results. Now I know that no one should ever be on accutane longer than 6 mo or so. Perhaps that contributed to my anxiety/depression. So let that be noted to anyone considering accutane. Yes it did work. Just do not use the drug any longer than what the manufacturer reccomends.

Also I have to note that never did I have any thoughts of suicide or even a hint of anxiety before I was on it. In my case, I feel it did affect me but I am not focusing on it for any kind of convienent way out. I just want to be happy again and relieve myself of this anxiety.

I had the a very very horrible case of acne and I never had anxiety. I just wished I didnt have the acne.

.5 mg Xanax is a very low dose. You could try increasing it or try a high dose of Xanax XR to last throughout the day.

that xanax xr sounds like it just might do the trick. i just hope it does something about this horrible loss of energy! I have no motivation to do shit anymore.

Benzos actually won't help your loss of energy. It can be drowsy inducing at first, but you can get used to it. Maybe if you can relax more and get good sleep, you'll get your energy back.

I also agree with whoever posted... About you dealing with other's problems... It's just not necessary. It's toxic and cutting that out would highly likely lift a load off your shoulders.

I hear alot of people say benzos make them tired but to be fair when i take 1mg or 2mg of xanax it actually gives me more energy.

I have low energy always cause of my anxeity so when xanax alleviates my anxiety i get my energy back. Or the xanax just gives me energy i dunno.

But it makes me more alert and sharp most times.

nycrosshairs said:
I hear alot of people say benzos make them tired but to be fair when i take 1mg or 2mg of xanax it actually gives me more energy.

I have low energy always cause of my anxeity so when xanax alleviates my anxiety i get my energy back. Or the xanax just gives me energy i dunno.

But it makes me more alert and sharp most times.

Haha, same....as soon as I pop a shitload of clonazepam I have an urge to move about and do random shit like crazy. There's always a chance of waking up in some random place tho...

Sativa strains of cannabis are supposed to provide a relaxing and analgesic body high, without the clouded mind of an indica stone. I can't say I've ever tried it though.