• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I dont want to get high, Just relax

top20cc

Bluelighter
It seems I just keeo getting piled on with new stress everyday. I could care less about getting high. I just want to sit and relax when I get home. I have so much anxiety it isnt funny. I recently got shingles and it caused permanant nerve damage. Doc took me off Vic and put me on neurontin. 300mg pills once 2 times a day. I have somas. I have vicodin. I have oxy 5mg. I have valium. I got these in hope of just relaxing and tackiling my life with a clear head. Im on Prazac and Trazadone as well. Trazadone does nothing and Prozac I guess helps. Anxiety attacks are to a minimum. I dont want to abuse pills. That not the way I am. But I am so desperate to change my anxiousness. It is affecting everthing from social anxiety to lack of motivation for anything. I use to be so happy and weighed alot less about7 years ago untill I took Accutane. Ever since I got off it I have been on some sort of anti depressant. I need a way out guys!

I was going to suggest small amounts of cannabis but if you want to relax with a clean head then I'd say try doing it with no drugs at all.

Have you not got anywhere near where you live where you can walk that's out of the way of everyday life? A couple of nights a week after work I go out with my dog and MP3 player for an hour or so and it helps me forget work. Until I have to wake up and do it all again of course :D

Thank you Death. I have tried every scenario I could possible think of. From no drugs to many drugs. I was prescribed this neurontin and after reading a few posts on thsi site I am excited to see if it does infact help relax me and get rid of this nerve damage. I hate having to take pills all day everyday.

Learn to get over your social anxiety is honestly the best thing you can do ;/

A new sense of confidence created by meeting new people will really tackle your anxiety. Start by hanging out with some of your old friends more?

I would strongly suggest you take part in clubs (like social clubs, or hang out in social areas. Entering political work is a great way to deal with anxiety, as you will start interacting with public causes and learn to speak in public. I would suggest you join a club about something you are passionate about, like politics.

I used to be very shy and quiet and nervous. But then I started to get into politics, and because I was so motivated and passionate about politics, I started to do public speaking and debates. See, you could say I'm a shy guy. But I was so passionate about conservatism, that I felt it was important to support the cause and speak publicly about it. My passion told me that I needed to get over being shy, and tell the public about conservatism. I felt the cause was so important, that I needed to put away any social anxieties and just do it.

If you find something important enough to yourself, you will put aside personal feelings and do what you think is important for the greater good, so to say.

Otherwise though, just get involved with club activity, like youth groups. Gay rights clubs, drag shows, candid public music groups, guerilla art, young republicans/democrats clubs, international awareness, discussion clubs, black rights clubs, asian association clubs, fencing, spanish club, rotary club, forensics, anything like that.

If you are still in school, that'd be great. High school and college, especially higher education places, have all sorts of clubs, and you can even make your own club. Places people hang out like the smokers circle or the lounge are good to. Just play video games or watch tv or read your book in the lounge rather than your room, and you'll meet people and eventually overcome anxiety.

The weird thing is that I love socializing! But recently my anxiety has split into 2 different catagories. My biggest thing was when the spot light was on me I would heat up very quickly and sweat and turn red, That is the owrst. The other is having to hear and deal with so many other peoples problems because Im the man in so many womens lives that by the end of the day I am so stressed in scattered.

I love meeting new pwople and have a great deal of confidence. It just comes and goes as far as the anxiety.

My biggest thing was when the spot light was on me I would heat up very quickly and sweat and turn red, That is the owrst.

Oh man I have that, like when it's by surprise? Heh, not much you can do about that, just try to lessen anxiety in other cases. Try to be more relaxed and I guess goofy, that way you can put people off from doing that. If you act nervous you just get grilled.

The other is having to hear and deal with so many other peoples problems because Im the man in so many womens lives that by the end of the day I am so stressed in scattered.

it sounds like you're one of those people that girls always talk to but don't give anything to. Don't be in these relationships, just don't. You need to come on to a girl like first or second time you meet them so you send a message that you aren't just some bitch. Always tease with the girl and stuff, just like you'd play around with the guys, so they don't treat you like a bitch and all.

Never put the pussy on a pedastel (sic)! Just treat girls like you'd treat guys - laid back, and playful, and such. I'm not saying be a dick, you can still be courteous and chivalrous. Just don't be a Yes Man to them.

You got to make sure that you aren't just their crying blanket. That's just a bad, selfish relationship for them to put you through.

Also quit worrying about other people's business. Seriously, you stress about other people, you are never going to be happy. Ever. Let other people live their life and fuck it up their own way. Tell them straight up if they fucking up too. You have to be more empowering of yourself man.

thank you theodore. The relationships with girls consists of my Mother and sisters asnd ofcouse my fionce. Newboirn Babygirl! If I state my opinion I usually get put on the stand and am presecuted constantly. I love my family and will always be there.

And the weirdest problem of all! I absoluetly love talkig with strangers. well most of the tmie. but if i do have a oanic attack just bever as severe

Neurontin is super safe as a drug IMO. You can pretty much start and stop as you please. The first time I took it, I felt slightly drunk, but after a few more times, just slightly more relaxed, but the relaxation only comes at doses of 900 or really even 1200mg. I have some nerve damage as well, but really have not noticed any difference, so I gave up on it. I take enough scripts and even with insurance it still costs some money.

pain is so much a mental thing, as is stress.. dont abuse your meds, take them as prescribed, but for me music is what really gets my mind off things.

I suggest starting to learn a new instrument (guitar is great) and just take some time every day to slowly learn a few chords.. with some determination and time you can escape into a wonderful world every day...

it has honestly reversed my outlook on life in just a year

I have been on xanax .5 mg for about 6 months now and it helps slightly but not enough. The real thing that relaxes me is working on cars. I do custom car audio fabrication and things. My stress mainly comes from people in my life who look to me for advice and comfort. And I always try to do my best. But it seems no matter what, someone is unhappy and alot of times it is with someone else I know.
Im scared because when I take Vicodin it really helps relieve my stress as far as my mind going a thousand miles a minute. I am in touch with old friends and rarely does an anxiety attack happen with them. But sometimes it does. I am the goofiest person out there. I love being funny. And I can always make people feel comfortable with me. But sometimes I just get paralized with this anxiety. Thinking things like "oh God the can see how red my face is or that Im sweating even though its freezing cold. Then it makes the anxiety worse.
I look at it like this, I could have an anxiety attack and no one would notice if the redness and sweat didnt occur. But it does and thats my worst social fear. Xanax doesnt do a whole lot for me.

The learning an instrument sounds great. But I have a 3 year old boy and a newborn babygirl. I just dont think I can take enough time to learn and use that hobby.

Ive got scripts for the following meds.
Xanax .5
Prozac
Trazadone
Neurontin
I was told the latter was only for the nerve damage the shingles caused. But now I am reading that it helps with anxiety as well. Im on a low dose of 300mg twice daily. Maybe I should talk to my Dr. and up the dose?

I'm going to move this thread to basic drug discussion. I think you will get better answers over there since people tend to get hostile here when it comes to the more basic questions. If you're looking to just relax, your best bet is to find a benzo (such as xanax) that works for you. Benzo addiction and withdrawal can really suck, but if your doctor is willing to prescribe you benzos long term then you don't have to worry as much. If the xanax isn't working for you, you might want to try another benzo such as clonazepam, lorazepam, etc.

-> Basic Drug Discussion

Thank you Sonic. I am new to this board and Im nieve to alot of things that happen here. I appreciate the advice. My Dr has prescribed me the Xanax for a while now but at the last visit she expressed concern of my becoming dependent. Which scares me to death. She wants me to tapper off of it and just stick with Prozac and Trazadone. She said she might add Wellbutrin a little later.

NOTE: You cannot stop Gabapentin [Brand: Neurontin] as you please. Seizures will result if you've been on it for a long time (3+ months is where I'd be concerned)

I knew there was something up with that Accutane shit!:X Your not the only person I've seen affected like this, man that shit should be taken off the market, now I'm definitely not taking it.

Ya I wish I never was on that Accutane. I have heard and read about so many suicidal events happenning to people who were on it. Im debating joining a class action suit to sue them. But I just dont know if that is my cup of tea. Maybe I should start another thread about Accutane and see what people have to say.
But hey guys I can expect alot more than just healing my shingles pain from Gabapentin? From what I understand it also helps with anxiety.