• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

I don't need drugs to enjoy myself...or do I?

Ismene

Bluelighter
Is there anyone who was originally not interested in drugs or even anti-drugs but then got into drugs in your dotage? Or have you all been drugged up since your teens?

Drugged up since 13, I'm afraid :\

I'm 25 now and not doing any drugs, as of late. I've gone through a few extended periods of no drug use, except for cannabis. The problem has always been that, despite a lack of desire to take drugs, I'm still very much interested in drugs.

It seems I would only meet with friends to drink or smoke weed, even if we were meeting for a jam. Although, recently I've been going out with telescopes for the first time in years, and having fun without any drugs. It's quite refreshing to find something fulfilling, fun, and interesting without having drugs involved. I can't rely on that though so will need to find more activities to keep me occupied.

well i wasn't anti drugs just never hung around with people who did them, then i did started with legal highs salvila etc then mephedrone really peaked my interest in legal highs that and MDPV/AMT and towards the latter MXE. and then the dark web sites offered me meth/heroin/dmt/lsd drugs which are hard to score at least around here. (or atleast stuff i would never ask my mates to score for me) having tried most drugs and not been addicted to many except really mxe, i might buy some legal benzos now and then to get some sleep if im struggling but im sure you can stop anything with enough will power.

The legal benzos really spelled the end for me. A dangerous situation to have those available to the masses, in my opinion. That's not meaning that I'm for continued prohibition or anything.

Yeah, they're the one thing that finally made me stop and look at my drug and alcohol use in general. I've been drugged up since my teens yeah, started smoking weed at about 14 and then speed at 16 and so on but now I'm happy with my (admittedly heavy) weed use and the odd psyche a couple times a year, don't even drink much anymore, maybe get drunk once or twice a month. No real desire to try anything else, and the RC market is boring to me at the moment, apart from the introduction of 1P-LSD which even then has still been living untouched in my freezer for the past six months or so. Maybe it's cos I've had more to do recently or I have to be in the right frame of mind or I dunno but I've definitely gone the opposite direction. I have a friend in his 40s who's recently gained an interest in psychedelics but then he's always smoked weed.

I didn't try my first illegal drug (ecstasy) until I was 26. I suppose I was always vaguely curious (though not overly so) but also scared.

Drugged up and fucked up since the age of 15. 35 years now and still at it...

Nah, I was kinda into drugs when I was so young I didn't even know drugs were drugs... bit of a pointless post really.

I have been interested in weird experiences, visions, trances etc since long before I discovered that illegal drugs might produce them.

was 23 before i did my first drug, lsd and followed up by E a few weeks later. when i was 19/20/21 would have being anti drugs then i stared to hear about the rave scene plus i was sick of hangovers and i lived out in the countryside where alot of lads in the area were pissheads who enjoyed knocking the shit out of each other.

Started with weed at 13, graduated to MDMA by the age of 16. Way too soon, regret it, but hey, can't change it. Never was anti-drugs, I always had a fascination with them from the moment I could truly understand what they were. I don't need drugs to enjoy myself though, I've had plenty of sober nights and some of them were among the best ones :D

Is there anyone who was originally not interested in drugs or even anti-drugs but then got into drugs in your dotage? Or have you all been drugged up since your teens?

I'ma thinkin'... if life doesn't provide - no money, no holidays, no career, no life.... sure we gon look for other avenues of excitement.

And this is where drugs come into their own, for a fiversworth, they can send unemployed, going no-where, Jimmy-on-the-dole into cyberspace.

I think really tho, we need to be sortin our lives out rather than succumbing to them

I first took mushrooms on a school hiking trip into the rainforests when I was 16. We lost a mate for an extended period of time, feared he had fallen off a cliff during the night, and swore off drugs into well into my 20's. I was generally too busy playing sport and studying.

I've never been ruled by my drug use, as the years passed I stumbled across all manner of things to experience, some awesome, some boring. Now days I have a stash of my favourite favours and will drag something out when life needs a reset.

I think it's pretty evident that drugs affect an awful lot and do not make you happy in the long run. Everyone time I have thought it wasn't 'drug feels', actual genuine feelings of wanting me there I have been horribly wrong and theyve been benzod up or taking 2-3 more things than usual and they don't even rrealise.

I have actually experienced some great moments whilst on drugs! (What was the drugs and what was real, Alice? Hahaha) but I have also been left at my weakest because of them. I have always thought of psychedelics as something I'd like to dabble in, I just wanna get my groove solid with mother nature. Not as of yet had the opportunity to induldge in this though, and am frankly put off from the dirty little lies that are spread. Who knows, maybe I'll take to mushy picking this year!

I think if you can keep a good grip on reality and the present, then maybe you can function on drugs and make decisions. I personally don't think I could be in another relationship where I don't know what is influenced by drugs or what was real and natural. It is very dispiriting and makes you feel so low. But the drugs make you hfigh, eh?

Really depends on how you use drugs and what sort of drugs.

Weed, MDMA, coke are just mental illusions, some epiphanies are real while on them, while most are just random stoner talk.

LSD under the right setting is perfect for me to deconstruct my mind and reset my life. I usually plan these mental excursions though. Powerful psychedelics need to be respected. Taking them for shits and giggles is fun, but also prone to creating effects you have no hope of escaping from.

Opiates while warm and fuzzy are best saved for when you need them. Like the pain you get when the bone sticks through the skin of your forearm, not because your ex boyfriend thinks you are fat

I was pretty much anti-drug growing up, sure I did try cigs in 7-8 grade and alcohol later on but I never even tried marijuana until I was 35 and that was because I was so desperate for sleep NOT to get high. However I quickly started to appreciate the high but after about a year of daily use I started mixing in other stuff because weed alone just wasn't doing it anymore. I started with Xanax then hydrocodone, oxycodone, kratom and have messed around some with stims.

Five years later I still do weed daily and currently addicted to kratom...and yes these days I DO need drugs to enjoys myself.

I've used drugs since I was thirteen (weed), then pills at 17, and everything else followed. I'm not going to describe everything that I've been on and off, because it'd take forever. However, I can definitely still have fun without drugs. It just so happens that drugs enhance fun times.

I was 34 when I took my first eckie (i.e. 11 years ago). I held off for so long because I thought I'd probably die. ;) Before that I'd only smoked the odd spliff, with mixed results.

I'm kinda glad I wasn't a druggie during my younger years. But then again I'm not sure getting into drugs when I'm older is a great idea either...

Started smoking weed when I was 14 on and off, by the time I was 18 I was either smoking with people I couldn't connect to or smoking alone. My brain didn't like those conditions, used to think up some really horrible shit and at one point had a knife to my own gut with the idea of killing myself. I remember my dog coming in the room and looking at me with the most puzzled look on her face, so anyway I fucked the weed off instantly then.

I became very anti-weed for years, especially to younger friends. I was very much a dick to everyone who smoked it. There's a lot to the dangers of smoking cannabis before your brain is fully developed though.

I'd cooled down by the time I was 21 and tried MDMA for the first time. Since then there's been periods where I've been on it far too much, I remember we'd go out for drinks and all we could think is... well this could be a lot more amazing if we had some MDMA. Back then the MDA/MDMA lovehearts were £3 a pop it made no sense to booze up. The comedowns though man, fucking hell.

Almost 30 now and I believe I've found the balance, probably have a bit of a sesh every two months and maybe smoke weed once a year with close friends. It helps not being arsed about going out to the pub every week, honestly I have a great time gaming with my friends or hanging out.

Was anti drugs until 16.. even though i started drinking when i was 14..