• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

I don't need drugs: I'm high on life, baby - VICE

Albion

Bluelight Crew
Well this has gotten me positively intruiged:

Last Sunday, instead of getting drunk and fat on beer and roast dinner at the local pub, I headed off to Islington to trip balls in the back room of the Candid Arts Centre. However, there were no drugs involved. Instead, I tweaked my third eye using stroboscopic light stimulation, which sent me on a visionary journey into the cosmic mind-hole.

bdbf3ef0230cb69fed1930c561f5fc09.jpg

This crazy experience was delivered to my brain by a piece of apparatus called Lucia No. 3, a device that consists of a lamp surrounded by LEDs that hangs off the end of a pole, which the participant sits in front of with their eyes closed. The device is hooked up to a computer which controls the patterns of light that mind-fuck your brain onto some other plane of existence. This psychedelic light machine is the work of Dr. Dirk Proeckl (neurologist and psychologist) and Dr. Engelbert Winkler (psychologist and psychotherapist), who have teamed up with Maria Lopes to form Traveller Unlimited – an experiential art project where you are the artist. It’s a bit like doing drugs, but without the comedown and achy jaw.

Full article here

Cool, sounds kind of like the Dreamachine that Brion Gysin invented. Obviously this is more advanced. I am very interested.

I am high on life, but I still should have the right to use drugs if/when I want to.

I actualy have experienced this when i was 16.

I was at my cousins house and they have small Transparent strobe light. Well i plugged this puppy in, turned it on, and then got a idea of closing my eyes and press my face up against it.

The visuals where pretty spectacular, especially when adjusting the speed of the flicker.

All sorts of colors in a kaleidoscope pattern, it was actually a pretty cool way to see experience CEV's

But i doubt it is very healthy in the long run

Thats pretty awesome, fuck doing it sober though. How about doing it while your already tripping lol? probably worse for you then taking most psychedelics, that cant be good for your eyes you know

Thats pretty awesome, fuck doing it sober though. How about doing it while your already tripping lol? probably worse for you then taking most psychedelics, that cant be good for your eyes you know
lol at the thought of whatching these things while tripping