• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I don't like weed--can I be the only one?

It kinda drives me crazy because I wish it chilled me like it does most people. Then I could say bye to benzos. Seems to be easier to find and longer lasting. But, as much as I've tried it, it makes me MORE anxious and the high is just terrible in my opinion. Am I the only one that feels this way about weed?

Do you smoke a lot? Sounds like you don't.

Only recently has it started calming me down. Back when I had just started smoking it always put me on edge

I love cannabis, but most of my friends don't.
Makes them anxious, seems to be the most common response.
Definitely not uncommon.

Same here. I've smoked weed about 12 years already and couldn't imagine having that feeling. It helps me sleep and definitely mellows me. The only reason I am seeing a psychiatrist is because of deeper issues that may need actual psych meds.

No, not the only one. I've been trying to get away from taking benzos and switch to weed but it's so hard. I get so anxious.

It seems pretty common for people without a tolerance to not get many pleasurable effects from weed.
A familiarity with the effects helps a lot for some people - but i know plenty of people who say "it's not for me" - which is fair enough.

Until I get my tolerance weed is kind of uncomfortably intense. Once I have a tolerance though, smoking becomes super pleasurable and relaxing.

Im the same way weed makes my anxiety boom, and I get parinoid,,,, yet i use coke, been on and off herion, take benzo's , in the past smoked dust,,, yet weed bugs me the heck out ,I to wish I was able to enjoy it, it would be alot cheaper then my other vices and easier to use .