• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I don't like weed--can I be the only one?

kvsouth69

Bluelighter
It kinda drives me crazy because I wish it chilled me like it does most people. Then I could say bye to benzos. Seems to be easier to find and longer lasting. But, as much as I've tried it, it makes me MORE anxious and the high is just terrible in my opinion. Am I the only one that feels this way about weed?

i don't like it much either, but that's because it gives me depersonalization. or still did the last time i smoked it

it's more common that you'd imagine

Interesting that you say it's more common that I thought. Seems like everyone loves it around here. That and drinking--both of which I do NOT like the feeling of....and of course the 2 easiest things to score. And I know benzos will make you do stupid things, but I've never looked like such an idiot as I have on weed--walking face first into closed doors bc i thought it was open.....stupid stuff like that. But, in reality, I do wish I liked it. It's be nice to just take a few pulls to alleviate my anxiety as opposed to popping a pill.

There are many folks who do not receive anything from cannabis. I respect that. To each, his own. There are however different ways to enjoy cannabis. Many different strains both stimulating and mellow to try, on top of methods of ingestion. I just discovered edibles. Great stuff. However if none of it is appealing, I respect you and anyone else's decision. Some people are not wired for it.

A surprising number of potheads don't actually respect it when others dislike the effects of weed. I think same goes for other common drugs, notably alcohol. Then again, if you mention to the vast majority of the population that you have used LSD, they look at you like you have 3 heads. They'll never look at you the same way, what's with all this stupid judgemental bullshit? I don't drink, and some people definitely add that to their list of labels of personal characteristics they attach to my sentient being. And when I go to parties it's always pushed on me, so I have to bring a drink like coconut water and pretend I'm drinking haha. Well, I don't have to, but I find it's a good strategy so that I don't have to repeatedly explain to people why I don't ever drink alcohol.

There seems to be a dichotomy where potheads only hang around other potheads a lot of the time, and don't really care to be around the blanket term of 'people who don't smoke weed.' Of course this isn't true in general, but it certainly happens with heavy users sometimes. I was once this way, when I was deep into weed I thought people who didn't smoke weed were living on a lower plane of existence or some nonsense like that. Since I've quit, I've progressed spiritually at a much faster rate though. It's such a variable drug in its effects that there really can't be any sort of generalizations at all, and in my opinion this goes for any drug (and beyond drugs, generalizations are lame unless we're talking about general relativity or something). Although I'm a person heavily oriented to science and math, I think a lot of drug studies are lame as fuck. Weed causes memory loss? Weed shrinks the brain? Like, wtf. It generates a powerful experience, more powerful than people give it credit for, and the way you are altered by that experience is probably what is most important. I think I dislike weed so much, because I smoked it when I lived at my parents house, and they hated it so much and it always made me so terrified to step foot in my own home because I would get raided. Therefore, I think I developed an anxiety reaction to weed because of that, even after I moved out (another reason it should just be legal). One reason I think this is because I can handle multiple hits of acid just fine (well... my mind is blown of course), and RC's like 2c-e and lots of shrooms... so why not weed too? But every time it literally makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack and it's the worst feeling I've ever got from a drug in all my life.

Weed is said to be mind expanding, but honestly how can one ever judge someone in any way at all based on there decision to use or not to use any type of drug in existence? Maybe sometimes it is mind expanding, and other times it is not. There is always the flip side of the coin. Unless they are like drinking gasoline or something haha... but even still... gasoline doesn't really exist, the individual human being does not exist separated from their surroundings.

But yeah, even if you smoke all day I'd recommend not being a fanatic about it. I mean of course that is one's own choice, and some people like to get crazy about it, but personally I find it a tad lame when people put a plant (or any drug for that matter) on the pedestal.

A surprising number of potheads don't actually respect it when others dislike the effects of weed. I think same goes for other common drugs, notably alcohol. Then again, if you mention to the vast majority of the population that you have used LSD, they look at you like you have 3 heads. They'll never look at you the same way, what's with all this stupid judgemental bullshit? I don't drink, and some people definitely add that to their list of labels of personal characteristics they attach to my sentient being. And when I go to parties it's always pushed on me, so I have to bring a drink like coconut water and pretend I'm drinking haha. Well, I don't have to, but I find it's a good strategy so that I don't have to repeatedly explain to people why I don't ever drink alcohol.

There seems to be a dichotomy where potheads only hang around other potheads a lot of the time, and don't really care to be around the blanket term of 'people who don't smoke weed.' Of course this isn't true in general, but it certainly happens with heavy users sometimes. I was once this way, when I was deep into weed I thought people who didn't smoke weed were living on a lower plane of existence or some nonsense like that. Since I've quit, I've progressed spiritually at a much faster rate though. It's such a variable drug in its effects that there really can't be any sort of generalizations at all, and in my opinion this goes for any drug (and beyond drugs, generalizations are lame unless we're talking about general relativity or something). Although I'm a person heavily oriented to science and math, I think a lot of drug studies are lame as fuck. Weed causes memory loss? Weed shrinks the brain? Like, wtf. It generates a powerful experience, more powerful than people give it credit for, and the way you are altered by that experience is probably what is most important. I think I dislike weed so much, because I smoked it when I lived at my parents house, and they hated it so much and it always made me so terrified to step foot in my own home because I would get raided. Therefore, I think I developed an anxiety reaction to weed because of that, even after I moved out (another reason it should just be legal). One reason I think this is because I can handle multiple hits of acid just fine (well... my mind is blown of course), and RC's like 2c-e and lots of shrooms... so why not weed too? But every time it literally makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack and it's the worst feeling I've ever got from a drug in all my life.

Weed is said to be mind expanding, but honestly how can one ever judge someone in any way at all based on there decision to use or not to use any type of drug in existence? Maybe sometimes it is mind expanding, and other times it is not. There is always the flip side of the coin. Unless they are like drinking gasoline or something haha... but even still... gasoline doesn't really exist, the individual human being does not exist separated from their surroundings.

But yeah, even if you smoke all day I'd recommend not being a fanatic about it. I mean of course that is one's own choice, and some people like to get crazy about it, but personally I find it a tad lame when people put a plant (or any drug for that matter) on the pedestal.

I don't see anyone here judging, or were you just saying? I was saying I WISH it had the effect on me that it gave others so that I could use it for a specific benefit instead of having to use something else.

Oh and when I tell people I don't drink they honestly don't believe me--as if there's NO WAY in the world someone could possibly not drink.

weed is a mild psychedelic if anything your true emotions are coming and you suppressing them there is obviously either somthing making you anxious or your simply overthinking it in my experience its been one or the other and the only way to enjoy weed and to enjoy the high is to smoke more so you have a slight tolerance to it so you can smoke and relax instead of it making ur mind RACE

I was just saying man, I wasn't saying that anyone here was judging. Just that there is way too much judgement that goes on in the world, and that nobody should be judged for their choice of drug use, whatever that may be. Like if you eat only organics or vegan or some strict dietary choice you shouldn't be judging people for eating only cheeseburgers and pop, or if you work out you shouldn't be judging people who don't etc... just my opinion here. Don't judge me for it : p Although it's nice to see people who have their shit together, and I love to see people take healthy eating seriously, get into exercise...

On that last point, weed was always a lot more enjoyable for me when I had a tolerance to it. But then, I had to smoke it all day. So for me, it was either all or nothing with weed. Kind of strange, usually it's the other way around.

I was just saying man, I wasn't saying that anyone here was judging. Just that there is way too much judgement that goes on in the world, and that nobody should be judged for their choice of drug use, whatever that may be. Like if you eat only organics or vegan or some strict dietary choice you shouldn't be judging people for eating only cheeseburgers and pop, or if you work out you shouldn't be judging people who don't etc... just my opinion here. Don't judge me for it : p Although it's nice to see people who have their shit together, and I love to see people take healthy eating seriously, get into exercise...

On that last point, weed was always a lot more enjoyable for me when I had a tolerance to it. But then, I had to smoke it all day. So for me, it was either all or nothing with weed. Kind of strange, usually it's the other way around.

Just checkin' cuz I SURE didn't want to sound judgmental. And I agree. Everyone judges everyone and Im quite tired of it myself. That's prob a big portion of where my anxiety stems from for all I know.

You are DEFINITELY not the only one.

I get literally nothing out of smoking, ingesting...nada. I have never had an enlightening experience. I have never connected with anyone well. Opposite actually.
Typically when I use it, I feel disconnected, irritated, slow to react, easily annoyed and tired. My chest will hurt for days after I smoke it. I can't move easily. I feel slow to the point of actually feeling stupid. The feeling will last for a couple of days sometimes. I don't get hungry or feel good or anything. I don't feel creative either. And dammit, I have tried this shit so many times. I forced myself to do it twice a day every day for 2 weeks once...I have had some of the best in the country (or so I was told). Yea. Sucks to be me, I guess.

This may be due to the fact that all the levels of my body rest low...heart rate, cholesterol, blood pressure and even my temperature is about a degree cooler most of the time. So, where some people get that relaxed effect, it caused me to dip too low? Idk. I prefer (significantly) stimulants to any other drug. They make me feel more "normal" and happy.

I have a ton of friends who use weed. Some of them get a ton of use out of it and absolutely support them. I have bought it as a Christmas present for people before. In fact, I am the ONLY person I know who doesn't use it or hasn't used it and enjoyed it. And you are right about the fact that many people who are pro-weed can be very snotty about the use of other drugs....cuzzzz, its natural, maaaan. ;)

My birthday is April 21st..so sometimes I joke that I was late for the 4/20...lol

*oh, and edibles?? Only if I want to be a literally unresponsive zombie that is stuck in their own head for 5 hours. No thank you.

I love cannabis, but most of my friends don't.
Makes them anxious, seems to be the most common response.
Definitely not uncommon.

I love cannabis, but most of my friends don't.
Makes them anxious, seems to be the most common response.
Definitely not uncommon.

I did some studying about this anxiety that people feel after use. I was curious about it because I have never felt that, myself. Weirdly, the stimulant effect it has goes entirely unnoticed most of the time. It does cause a pretty sharp increase in heart rate for about 10 minutes after use (smoking). Supposedly that is why people get anxious and paranoid. I don't know though because that seems very odd. It acts just like a depressant to me.

I certainly wouldn't say I hate weed, I've had some good experiences with it, but I certainly don't love it like some people do. You're definitely not the only one.

Some weed smokers come to a point when they do not like it as much as they used to mostly due to anxiety..i def dont like weed as much as i use to,im kind of indifferent about it now.i def dont like drinking tho and most ppl i know really like both..il take opiates or lyrica over both anyday

Last edited:
I have a fair amount of friends who simply do not like weed, and they prefer other drugs like alcohol, disassociative drugs, stimulants, downers including opiates, and psychedelics and RCs to it.

Or one of my friends used to really enjoy pot when he was younger and we were teenagers; but then as a young adult/late teenager he started to get anxiety/panic attacks while stoned and hated it, so he stopped smoking and using cannabis, and just used mushrooms instead which he loved.

You are not alone man! I dont really get much from it anymore, Ive been toying with cutting back, giving up for a few years now. I think Ive developed, like another poster here, weed based anxiety!

Its almost because ive been anxious about being caught by feds or smelling of weed, or red eyes...the list goes on, but yeah almost just from putting myself into this anxious state every time i used to blaze it its just association that tied with the fact weeed does just make me think a shit loads, about anything.

Since cutting back after 10+ years I do find myself enjoying a spleeef a lil more, so all in moderation I guess.

on a side note I do think it highlights existing anxious thoughts/views you may have so its good to use as a tool in that way imo.

8)

It kinda drives me crazy because I wish it chilled me like it does most people. Then I could say bye to benzos. Seems to be easier to find and longer lasting. But, as much as I've tried it, it makes me MORE anxious and the high is just terrible in my opinion. Am I the only one that feels this way about weed?

what about weed and benzos?

I love weed and benzos weed by itself isnt that good, but with benzos its amazying.

if we are talking ultimate weed combos here for me its weed + mdma. fuck me, i seriously could smoke forrrrrrrrrevvvvveeeeerrrrr. every pull is like a rush. so odd as i have met ppl who hate it and just brings them down, but fuck that ... that chro makes me peak!