• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I don't know if there is even help for what I'm dealing with?

BuggaBusta

Greenlighter
I have been a heroin addict for roughly 25 years. I've used IV since the very beginning & I've always had it relatively easy compared to what I've seen some women go thru!! Horror shows!
Anyway, suddenly I can't hit my veins! Like, I can hit them but I shit you not, the dope will not go into my vein. As soon as I start pushing it in its fine, then suddenly it's burning & bubbling. I draw back, get blood, try to go again & once again, its fine for like 2 seconds then boom! Same thing, burning & bubbling! I'll get like some of the dope in me but not all. I use to look forward to the whole set up to getting high, it was such a big part of my addiction. Honestly, I never even realized it was to the extent that it is. But anyway, this has been going on for at least 6-7 days of the same thing. I can't figure or wtf to do, I'm ready to lose my mind, what is happening? What am I, all of a sudden, doing wrong after 25 years of doing it nearly daily?!?! What am I doing? Has this happened to anyone? Can anyone help me out with any advice, other than suggesting that I stop shooting heroin?

I know nothing about shooing up, but maybe after 25 years of daily use your veins just cant handle it anymore

After 25 years I’m sure you know your anatomy well, like what angle you enter with, how far in you go, sounds like you may be going through the vein, yet still getting some blood back while registering. Possibly veins getting so small over the years making it very difficult, are there any other viable veins on you that you can truly feel that bounce-back like a rubber band that you can try to get in? Far from my 1st choice but the bigger veins down the inside of your calf/balls of ankles?

That's the thing & I should have mentioned this, it's happening in every vein! It's like twilight zone shit lol. I've had veins collapse on me, I've gone thru veins, like you said, so I know exactly what you're referring to, I've also had veins get really small on me & that's not it either. It almost seems like... Ok how can I explain this, I guess it's like as if my vein is one of those sprinklers that you plug a hose into & it has a bunch of holes so that it sprays out all over. It seems almost like that's what's happening. I know that sounds crazy but I assure you, I'm a very normal functioning heroin addict lol. Anyway, it's as if I poked a bunch of holes in my vein & the needle is like the hose & when you turn on the heroin (water ?) it sprays it all thru the holes into my arm

Like I have a shit load of it sitting in front of me right now & I don't even wanna do it. That's a waste to me, I need that rush!

Nah I hate weed & I hate that I hate it..but I do!
Why do methadone tho when you can do dope? Lol

I totally feel you, when I had blown out most all my veins and I couldn’t hit and I’d miss wasting a lot of dope I would scream cry and punch holes in my walls....have you ever tried to go in a neck vein? Trying to think how else you could get a line in..

Bugga, have you considered plugging? You won't get the same rush as IV but it's an alternative to the frustration of searching for a new vein.

Nah I hate weed & I hate that I hate it..but I do!
Why do methadone tho when you can do dope? Lol
There's so many reasons. Anytime you fuck with IV drugs, you risk heart problems. Open heart surgery is common in IV addicts. good luck anyhow!

Like I have a shit load of it sitting in front of me right now & I don't even wanna do it. That's a waste to me, I need that rush!

This made me chuckle. Theres no way I would not seek other routes. I find the rush underwhelming but still. In 25 years you havent found the drug itself better?

Do you use H3 or H4? I can imagine after shooting up for so many years your veins are quite damaged... If you're using H3 you also need to add an acidic substance to be able to shoot up, which is extra damaging to your veins...

Maybe try another ROA for a while and then try again, maybe some recovery due to not shooting up for a while will do your veins some good and will make it possible to shoot up again like you used to, if that would be the case, I would also recommend, if you are using H4 (not H3 due to the acidic component) plugging as an alternative for the time being.

If this works you can every now and then switch a short while to plugging instead of IV use, giving your veins some time to recover...

ps: do they feel hard, your veins, when you feel them with your fingertips?

Also plugging will not give the same rush as IV use will, but it will definitely be the best substitute, if it's not acidic mixed H3 like I said before... If it's H3 I would suggest smoking it from tin foil, it hits the brain even quicker than IV use does, but the effect is not as strong... H4 is not possible to smoke of course...

Other than damage to the veins, I could not think of anything else that could cause this sudden change in you not being able to shoot up anymore, and it sounds like a plausible explanation to me as well...

You do, when you shoot up for so many years almost daily, have to use many different veins I assume, to be able to keep shooting up, no? Did you never had any trouble with veins that you could not use to shoot up in for a while before, so you had to use other veins over and over, damaging all the veins you have at the end? You can't keep shooting up in the same veins non-stop, right?

Most people that I know that have been shooting up for as many years as you can't hardly find any vein to shoot up in anymore, making it a long and painful process trying to shoot up, something that freaks me out every time I see it... People who have been shooting up in their ankles to the point they can't walk decently anymore, many infected veins, not able to find a vein and hit it right anymore, shooting up in their neck or between their eyes, in their dick, and so on, and all of this only working out after trying up to 20 different veins and accompanied with a lot of pain noises they make and messy stuff...

I actually only know one guy, he's a master when it comes to shooting up, he practically will always hit your vein the first time in the right way and makes the experience painless and smooth, he does it very gentle, he is the only one I know that's been shooting up long time that does not have all the problems I listed.

(the people I know shoot up both Heroin and Cocaine, but since I'm from Europe, most people over here only use H3 and if they are shooting up - something that is not much done over here anymore, something only the older generation really does - they have to use something acidic to cook up their Heroin for usage. May I ask, how did you learn to shoot up? From people you knew that already where shooting up quite some time? Or...? - just curious!)