• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I don't feel anything from gabapentin ??

Alkaya

Greenlighter
The past 3 months I was taking 300mg gabapentin every 8 hours for nerve pain in my left leg. Now my leg is better and the pain is almost gone + I have about 30 pills left (capsules 300mg) and I've heard in larger dose it can give you the buzz. So I read that the dose for beginners is about 1200-1500mg. Since I am taking it for 3 months I suppose I have some tolerance so I took 1800mg, I waited about 45mins and I didn't feel any different so I took 1 more pill and after that I was taking 1 pill every 30 min. That was 3 hours ago !! So till now I took 1800mg first dose + 1800mg more for every 30min after that. I still don't feel absolutely nothing ??? Is this normal I mean I know I build some tolerance but I didn't expect to be that resistant... I took the pills on empty stomach with a bottle of water. Other medications that I am taking are nucynta 50mg and tramadol 50mg (today I took total 200mg Nucynta and 200mg tramadol) do you think this may be the reason ???

I don't know if I should take any more I mean I don't know what is the maximum dosage without overdosing??? If it matters my weight is 84kg (186 lbs) and I am 1.82m (~6 ft) tall.

Last edited:
I've never felt any sort of recreational effects from gabapentin or pregabalin. Also, the LD50 is ridiculously high so I wouldn't worry about overdosing.

Ive felt the recreational effects of Lyrica...but tolerance builds quickly within days. Like anything else respect the drug. I have overdosed on Lyrica, not in the death way. I'm not sure if you can die from it. I should find out..holy crap. But, hadn't taken it for about 4 days, was in a lot of pain and took a couple...it was bad. I ended up sitting on the floor next to the bed, leaning on it...saying out loud "omg this is so bad"...I was extremely dizzy and nauseous. When I closed my eyes it was worse....images of people, things I don't even recall where racing...I thought it would never end.

I didn't even say things out loud in heroin withdrawal or total cold turkey if that tells you anything. And I had a pretty large habit.

Gabapentin, in high doses....very high, will produce those results. But you have to take a monster dose....and more is required each time. It's just not worth it for me...due to I take gabapentin as a mood stabilizer 3x/day. You will go through your script within a few days-it doesn't seem like that's an issue for you. Has your Dr. suggested tapering off rather than abrupt dc? Some people go through some withdrawal, which can be pretty uncomfortable.

In answer to your question, yes it can give you a buzz. Be safe.

Taking 300 Mg, three times a day, will give you a minor tolerance, if that. The trick to getting a buzz off Gabapentin is taking your 300 Mg pill, once an hour. It's called staggering. You can eat a little snack and maybe some soda when you dose. Every hour, take 300 Mg Gabapentin. In four hours, you will have taken 1200 Mg's. If you don't like where your at, take another 300 Mg's. That's 1500mg. I'm sure you will be good at 1200 Mg's, but everyone is different. Go do that and post back. I could tell you more, but I have no idea your age, tolerance to real drugs. I suggest you use the search function, Enjoy,

I never felt anythin from it either and they gave me the biggest script bottle I've ever seen of them

And then I have friends that say it fucked them up. It's weird

I've personally never felt anything off of my Gabapentin, and I get scripts of 300mg pills to take three times a day, but I've had someone use them recreationally.. 20 pills over 2 days were consumed. It was horrible, they were acting like a zombie, kept falling over, and couldn't remember anything while under the influence of them. Everyone is different based on how much is taken.

if you have only been taking gabapentin for the last 3 months and are now ending the dosage you should be more worrying about tapering off the gabapentin to make sure there are no withdrawals rather than take a high dose in order to get high. I myself have never had problems w/ withdrawals but have read/heard many stories about gabapentin withdrawals, so dont go waste all trying to catch a buzz; its hard to catch a buzz when you've already been taking for a longer period. anything over a month and the "buzz" is killed. also, anything over 3200MG's is a bit of a waste; if its not working at 3200MG/day then its not going to work period.

I take 1600MG/day as a seizure drug and I still believe I catch a "good" feeling. its been a long ass time but anytime I dont take my gabapentin I feel a bit different. yea, it could be slight WD but who knows; then again, I wouldnt be surprised if it was all a mind game.

I ran out of my gralise (gabapentin er) no refills left so I will not be able to get anymore til tomorrow I already feel hot and cold and sweaty. Is there anything I can take to aid in not feeling as bad?!

Gabapentin is a rather subtle high, thus the heroic dosages often reported here and elsewhere on the interwebs. Look for closed eye visuals about 45 minutes after taking, say, 2400mg.

I'd say try taking more. All ways start at a low dose with anything until u know how ur body will react to it. Tolerance is built VERY quickly with gaba. It is very hard to OD on .... I personally have taken 7.2g and my bf took 8.8g ... IMO it's best to take ur dose all at once then maybe take some every 30/45 mins for 2 hrs if u would like to prolong the effects of it. When I dosed heavy then every 30 mins I did get hi then pass out woke up around 9 am still hi stayed up for 30 mins passed back out until 1. Next time I prob won't take as much to avoid the over sleeping !

I can only get high on neurontin once every few weeks if that. It's pretty similar to psychedelic tolerance really. If you've been on it you ain't going to get much unless you save it for a month or three.
If I take a gram an hour for a few hours I'll walk like I'm drunk, get the tingles and grins like I'm rolling, and feel warm, content, and apathetic like people who like opiates describe them.