• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'I did too much damage - drug damage': Brad Pitt

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Brad Pitt spent his seven year marriage to Jennifer Aniston feeling lost in a drug haze, a new article in Esquire Magazine reveals.

"For a long time I thought I did too much damage - drug damage," the 49-year-old star says in the profile which hits new stands at the end of the month. "I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing. I spent years f***ing off."

It is not the first time Pitt has spoken about his drug use. In a 2011 interview with Parade magazine, he said he had spent much his marriage to Aniston, "trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic.

"It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage [to actress Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't."

This realisation that "I was wasting my opportunity," he now tells Esquire, lead him to make "a conscious change... It was an epiphany".

He then met Angelina Jolie who helped him find purpose and a sense of connection in the "chimera of Hollywood".

"I haven't known life to be any happier," Pitt says, despite turning up to the interview "stained around the eyes by stress and exhaustion".

cont at
http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/...ge--drug-damage-brad-pitt-20130522-2k003.html

I can kind of imagine being bored to death with aniston. She must have been the squarest individual in Hollywood

Haha, Brad Pitt wasn't content with his life. I wonder how many people could have guessed that...

what was the damage? What is the point of this article?

what was the damage? What is the point of this article?

He probably got endorsed a bunch of $$$$ to make it seem like marijuana was "damaging" his brain because he was complacent with a boring life. It happens to the best of us, you break free from that, and you start living again. No actual brain damage TBPH.

He probably got endorsed a bunch of $$$$ to make it seem like marijuana was "damaging" his brain because he was complacent with a boring life.

I don't think he would take a deal like that. He's the executive producer for The House I Live In. He's one of the good guys. I'm pretty sure the writer just did a hatchet job with this piece.

I don't see the newsworthiness of an article about somebody being a burnout. It practically happens to all of us.

LOL no surprise there. Most of Hollyweird is on drugs both prescribed legally, legally bought like alcohol, and illegal and actors/actresses and celebrities have major drug problems and go to joke rehabs/treatment centers that are basically rehab mills that will take anyone with enough money and let's be serious these people are NOT serious about getting sober or clean and oftentimes go to a "rehab" just to get media attention and publicity. Hollywood is also the 2nd or 3rd biggest closet full of closeted bisexual and gay men, and lesbian/bi women. There are tons of marriages/relationships of convenience where a woman will be set up with a leading man, B-list down to even C/D-list who is gay and it's just to protect his appearance or his "brand". The industry of drugs, the casting couch, being kept by a wealthy writer, producer, executive, lust for power/money, youth worship, and smoke and mirrors has been alive and well for decades and continues on even today in 2013 and will continue on into the future. Actors and actresses, and celebrities including Brad Pitt are not "Good" or "nice" people. They're money, fame, media, and attention whores. How do you think they got where they did? It's not because of talent, originality, or acting ability in the case of Pitt, Tommy Cruise, or Megan Fox and most actors, actresses, and celebrities. I am not sure why people find a twink like Pitt to be sexy or talented, since when he first came out he looked exactly like a male prostitute that you'd find on Santa Monica Blvd.?

Last edited:
^
Let me guess failed actor? Washing cars in Hollywood?

^
Let me guess failed actor? Washing cars in Hollywood?

Not even close. Hollywood is really run down and dirty and has been this way for decades. There's no way in hell I'd live in Hollywood let alone in or around L.A., Orange County, or anywhere in Southern California as it's hell on Earth and extremely expensive; but you can say that about the small, large, and major cites on the west coast of the United States.

Let's just say I have certain skills I was born with, know how the industry works, and leave it at that.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with your general idea that Hollywood, well, IMO everything is rigged but you say the word twink referring to Mr. Pitt, are you saying Brad is gay?

I am not sure why people find a twink like Pitt to be sexy or talented, since when he first came out he looked exactly like a male prostitute that you'd find on Santa Monica Blvd.?

make this your personal quote IMO

There's no way in hell I'd live in Hollywood let alone in or around L.A., Orange County, or anywhere in Southern California as it's hell on Earth and extremely expensive; but you can say that about the small, large, and major cites on the west coast of the United States.

I think you would feel 100% different if you got to visit West Hollywood, Santa Monica, etc. - there are nice areas of LA that are just fucking astoundingly amazing.

but you say the word twink referring to Mr. Pitt, are you saying Brad is gay?

That's not what he's saying.

I encourage Priest to show what he means by "his type" vs Pitt, so people can get a better understanding of why Priest chose the words he did.

NSFW tags request plzkthx

I think you would feel 100% different if you got to visit West Hollywood, Santa Monica, etc. - there are nice areas of LA that are just fucking astoundingly amazing.

It is true that some areas of LA are really cool. The culture is really top-notch, as you can visit an enclave of people from almost any country in the world and eat the authentic food before driving back to your own neighborhood. Santa Monica and Venice are really artistic and alive, and it is easy to find a lot of good music, art, books, etc. there.

The problems with LA - the smog, the time spent in traffic, and the materialism for which it is famous - are well known.

Whether that balance puts LA in your good column or bad column depends on your own values, I guess.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I see what happened now and feel dumb.

I don't disagree with your general idea that Hollywood, well, IMO everything is rigged but you say the word twink referring to Mr. Pitt, are you saying Brad is gay?

He was Thom Racina's houseboy/poolboy or "roommate", which means he was kept by TR. It would not surprise me if he had to spend time on his knees, below, or on top of Merv Griffin or other men like that.

Last edited:
Wow, Googling those names and reading a little did pursuade me to believe a lot more of what you said earlier.

Doing so also reinforced my hatred of the world that we live in.

Is it surprising that even Brad Pitt felt pathetic? I don't think it is. Nobody's perfect right?