• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I did something really stupid by mistake... Tips on potential hazards please...

kasad

Bluelighter
So, I am on 8 mg Buprenorphine , not subutex, not suboxone, brand name is buprenorphine (Macedonia (Southeast Europe)

Name: Buprenorphine , Manufacturer: Alkaloid A.D - Skopje
)

prescribed, for couple of years. Haven't relapsed or anything.

Anyhow, There has be lots of stress lately in my life, and this month I've gone trough my prescription a bit too fast.

Long story short, I often use alcohol sublingual method or I snort them.

Incidentally I had syringe/insulin needle laying around, and I went on like preparing for sublingual alcohol method...
and shot up...
I forgot to filter ... because I am imbecile.

I didn't miss or anything, no pain, everything is fine.

How fucked am I?

Needless to say I don't do or plan to do this regularly I just wasn't thinking and I was really tired, so I kinda did it automatically.

I would've normally do the cotton ball w/alcohol method, but I had the needle, which I normally don't and I just did it and completely forgot to filter (maybe because I didn't IV'd anything in years - living pretty clean sans bupe)

Should I be scared? except of my stupidity?

edit: I used about 0.4 mg, about 0.15-0.2 cc of 70% ethanol and 0.6-0.7 cc of sterile water.

If there is no pain or lump you are fine, it was one time. How did it compare to the alchohl method? There are people who have the strips/subtex/suboxone pills who just put it in a syringe shake till it dissolves and shoot, and do it very often. A one time thing will be okay IMO. Just remember to use a cotton next time! Are these pills or liquid, strips, never heard of it....

Thanks for the tips.

It compared well, still holding me good. Pinhead pupils after plenty hours.

It is a pill, sublingual, pure bupe, no naloxone, no flavorings, pretty much same like Subutex/Suboxone, only not flavored and very small, no microcrystalline cellulose either so it's good for snorting (and they are like 1/4 the size of Subutex)

No pain, no lump, and I would say it's about 30-40% better then alcohol method. I am just scared because I shot myself with fillers without thinking, I was preparing it same as for sublingual alcohol solution.

I must admit that I sometimes, make a small ammount of very light alcohol solution and drip it in my nose, also works better then pure snorting.

Edit: Also, I do not plan to repeat it, I'm done with shooting up, only did it because I am about to run out and my new prescription isn't in yet.

I've done it many times w/ bupe; you will be fine. I am not saying there is no need to use a cotton ball, or whatever it is you use, but you are safe w/o one for this type of shot.

btw, shooting these is an absolute waste in my eyes. yes, I've done it MANY TIMES because I was once addicted to the needle, but since that needle addiction is no longer there, I find taking these sublingual truly is the best way; I guess the Dr's just dont say it for no reason, ha.

So, I am on 8 mg Buprenorphine , not subutex, not suboxone, brand name is buprenorphine (Macedonia (Southeast Europe)

Name: Buprenorphine , Manufacturer: Alkaloid A.D - Skopje
)

prescribed, for couple of years. Haven't relapsed or anything.

Anyhow, There has be lots of stress lately in my life, and this month I've gone trough my prescription a bit too fast.

Long story short, I often use alcohol sublingual method or I snort them.

Incidentally I had syringe/insulin needle laying around, and I went on like preparing for sublingual alcohol method...
and shot up...
I forgot to filter ... because I am imbecile.

I didn't miss or anything, no pain, everything is fine.

How fucked am I?

Needless to say I don't do or plan to do this regularly I just wasn't thinking and I was really tired, so I kinda did it automatically.

I would've normally do the cotton ball w/alcohol method, but I had the needle, which I normally don't and I just did it and completely forgot to filter (maybe because I didn't IV'd anything in years - living pretty clean sans bupe)

Should I be scared? except of my stupidity?

edit: I used about 0.4 mg, about 0.15-0.2 cc of 70% ethanol and 0.6-0.7 cc of sterile water.

Yes, injecting solid particles from pill binders can provoke a whole host of negative reactions, but really it's a game of odds. Doing this once will most likely not screw you over, but it certainly could. I'd list everything that can go wrong, but the missed shot FAQ will answer your questions quicker and more eloquently than I can. If you choose to do this again, make sure you at least filter with cotton. You should be using micron filters though.

If you experience excessive tenderness, redness, warmth or pain at or near the injection site, you need to contact a medical professional. They'll decide how to treat you based upon the severity of your case. Just be more careful next time, there's not a lot of excuses for not filtering a solution.

Just to report that everything seems to be fine. Had a tiny scar at IV site - nothing unusual - took me few times (one poke) to find the vein, so by wiggling the needle around I created a tiny wound.
But no sores/tenderness/redness/warmth or pain.
Sore went away in few days, and I got away with this incredibly stupid adventure.

One other thing, or well a recommendation:

For those that can withstand the burn, I found that alcohol method works for the nasal route as well.

I usually use pipette or small syringe and I dilute Everclear (Ethanol) to about 40% with boiled water or demineralized water..
I dissolve 3-4 mg of bupe in as little alcohol solution as possible, (0.03-0.04 cc), and squirt it up my nose, and lay down with my head lowered at the side of the bed, so it doesn't leak into my throat.

I find it has most effective BA, better then under tongue with alcohol, second only to iv roi.

It burns like a motherfucker tho.

Anyhow,

Just wanted to report that everything is okay.
Peace adn love
Special K.