• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I did LSD - How Do I deal With the Changes....?

It's true, but still makes me sad/frustrated. I'm like, yo dude, I arrived at the conclusions I have over many years, due to my own personal life experiences. And science is beginning to suggest more or less the same thing. And you're calling me crazy and looking down on me for that, while you believe something you've just always been told you have to believe? Come on...

^It's the freaking worst going to a public school in the deep south... People are always coming up to me being like, "Hey, come to our bible study!" And I'm like, "I don't believe in organized religion. Call me an agnostic." and then they're like, "That's okay, we're a non-denominational bible study group! We just love Jesus! *emphasis on excited tone and smiles*" and then I try to explain to them that their bible study indeed has a denomination, christian, and that I don't believe in monotheism or really any theism because it's illogical to assume we know anything about the afterlife or life in general. And they just look at me like I'm a lost soul and move on to attempt to enslave others, while I look back and question what a soul even IS. God! (hahahah, see what I did there?!)

Well to be fair, THEIR intention is to liberate others, not enslave them. But yeah, I bet that's frustrating.

That's why I don't actively and outwardly hate on religious folk. I just try to avoid them, but something about my demeanor must scream out "This soul needs saving!" Hahahah.

My school is full of this. When I eat lunch, at least one table near me will have people discussing faith. We have a guy who comes yearly for one week, and we call him "moses". He wields a staff, and rants about the devil, gays and the like. His wifes a lawyer, so when people swing at him for all the hateful shit he spouts, they get hauled off by campus police, and that fucker sues the shit outa them. Then there's the Mennonites, with their beards and signs that read "Your Jesus is a fake" or "Marrying a divorced woman is adultery!" and the like.

The amount of hatred pushed by espoused Christian groups here really sickens me :(

Yeah it's sickening for sure. It's like, did you even read the stuff Jesus said in the bible? He said the exact opposite thing! That we should love everyone and accept everyone. It's so un-Christian to spout hatred. People don't seem to understand that the Old Testament is the history of the very culture that Jesus was preaching AGAINST. They don't match up in ideas because they simply DON'T, for that reason. He was trying to move past that terribleness into a better world. And now so many of the people that claim to follow him use the crap from the OT to justify their points which are in direct opposition to what the person they claim to follow said. It's a fucking clown show.

This thread has digressed hasn't it? =D

I just let people know I have a direct personal relationship with God, but only when they ask.

It is difficult to understand the cultural code of our idea of religion. To converse with the almighty itself seems to be the goal though.

Then we talk and I explain that God is one of a range of ideas that people have shared with me. The conversation generally steers into pure speculation.

If people have faith they do not have much weight behind it and seem to accept there is no clear right or wrong view of what God is, satisfied that I took them seriously.

I can understand, life without meaning is difficult and I at least enjoy having something to cling to: people or things/animals in my life or dreams or suffering, and what is wrong with that? Or, how can it be avoided and to what end?

Nobody has an answer other than a personal will, which is quite fascinating.

Last edited: