• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I couldnt get high? Why?

Ganjatoker

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I am 15, weight 135 and im about 5'6. I am not an expert on opiods but i would say my knowlege on drugs generally is pretty good for someone my age. I had ankle surgery and was prescribed 20 norco pills (hydrocodone/APAP 5-325). I have been smoking weed ocasionally since 12 and now smoke heavily everyday. Anyways, by the 3rd day of recovery i was able to toughen up the pain so i decided to take my pills recreationally. For starters i took 3 pills and didnt notice any difference only that listening to music felt sightly better. The following day i took 4 pills and felt nothing at all. I am not that dumb so i stopped taking the pills for about 3 days so that i wouldnt have developed a tolerance. I did a CWE so that i could take a higher dose without taking the tylenol shit it comes with. I used 7 pills for the cwe and took one pill orally so that i can make sure i wouldnt lose the hydrocodone during the extraction since it was my first time doing it. The result was bitter and tasted nasty which of course i knew i had done it right no doubt. In total i took a total of 40 mg in one sitting expecting to get high. By the 3rd hour i felt SIGHTLY euphoric but i wouldnt call it a buzz. At this point i had only 1 pill left and was pretty bummed out since i never got to experience a true opiate high and had no refills. I saved the last pill for about a week and a half knowing that i wouldnt get high if i had taken it by itself so i tooked 3 tramadols (37.5mg) 1 cyclobenziprine (10mg) and smoked about a half gram of bud in 2 bowls. This time i felt a little euphoric but more high on the weed than anything. 2 hrs into it and i felt a residual high from the weed but no euphoria. 3hrs into it and i felt sedated from the cyclobenziprine. I could say it was a good experience but i was never able to get high from the norcos 5-325. I took them on an empty stomach and had never taken any pain killers before. I never stress and dont turn to drugs for any problems. Any suggestion on why i didnt get high? Or is it because i simply "dont know what i am feeling" when i take opiates?

Consider it a blessing you don't know what an opiate high feels like. You're only 15 years old you're too young to let opiates ruin your life. That's all an opiate high will do is ruin your life.

Thanks for the response. I am done taking the opiates and pretty much over it already with no possible access to anything else besides the tramdols and cyclobenziprine all though i dont really like taking them. I sometimes go through phases of vertigo symptoms and dont know if im more vulnerable to seizures if i were to take them so i wouldnt risk it. Its been almost a month since my surgery and dont feel any pain im doing much better now but i dont see my self abusing any other narcotics. Once i recover i'll quit with the weed so i can get a job and get my provisional driver's license in a couple of months. Ill be 16 by next month.

Man, you remind me of myself at that age. Now I am 19 and done every drug you can possibly think, started with weed, ended with heroin. You can tell yourself all you want "I will NEVER be that person or EVER think about doing heroin" well you will, promise ya. I started stealing my moms cough syrup at 16 an graduted to every opiate, everyday I tell myself "I wish I wouldve just stuck with weed" and I guarantee if you stay on the path your on, youll be telling youself the same thing in the next 1-5 years. Ive done every opiate, stimulant, benzodiazipine, psychedelic and every downer possible every route of administration possible. Oral, nasal, needle, and plugging (anal cavity) you can also go ahead and tell yourself youll never try a needle too, because I was that person too "oh ill never in my life try shooting up" well shit, ive shot meth, heroin, and crack. Please stick with weed man, im telling you right now, this is not the fucking path you want to be on. It comes to withdrawaling every other day, and that consists on puking every 15 minutes, shitting youself if you even move, suicidal depression, insomnia for days on end, not eating for days on end, feeling like your dying literally, etc.. Thats actually the only reason im up at 7:00 in the morning because im fucking withdrawaling from xanax and hydrocodone and codeine. Had my seizures from xanax 6 days ago and still feel like im literally dying, and in the past 4 hours ive gone through 2 pairs of nice pairs of boxers already, and wanting to end it all from the withdrawal, I have scars all the way up my forearm thatll be there for the rest of my life from cutting pretty deep with a razer blade due to suicidal depression from withdrawal. You will loose your relationship with your family and itll be because you steal from them to get your next high, lie to them for every reason for them not to find out and loosing all your friends and all your emotions, you wont care about anything but your next hit or line. Dont even get me started on benzo withdrawal, its opiate withdrawal on steriods I went to the ER for seizures and on the baseline of dying. Man you can go ahead and not believe and think im bullshitting, if you want to experiment with drugs at this age go ahead and itll be the biggest regret of your life and you will soon realize. Your life is good and we both know you want to keep it that way, I wish I could trade you lives for a day, you would be scared out of your mind. Man just STICK WITH WEED. Opiates and benzos are the devil, they take over your life then control your every thought and movement, especially when you hit the point of withdrawaling if you dont get your dose. Also, I already have a hole eating away at my nasal cavity from constant snorting of cocaine and tylenol from all the pain pills I use to snort, and everything else thats gone up my nose, stupid right? Yes. Stop while your ahead my friend.

Last edited:
Man, you remind me of myself at that age. Now I am 19 and done every drug you can possibly think, started with weed, ended with heroin. You can tell yourself all you want "I will NEVER be that person or EVER think about doing heroin" well you will, promise ya. I started stealing my moms cough syrup at 16 an graduted to every opiate, everyday I tell myself "I wish I wouldve just stuck with weed" and I guarantee if you stay on the path your on, youll be telling youself the same thing in the next 1-5 years. Ive done every opiate, stimulant, benzodiazipine, psychedelic and every downer possible every route of administration possible. Oral, nasal, needle, and plugging (anal cavity) you can also go ahead and tell yourself youll never try a needle too, because I was that person too "oh ill never in my life try shooting up" well shit, ive shot meth, heroin, and crack. Please stick with weed man, im telling you right now, this is not the fucking path you want to be on. It comes to withdrawaling every other day, and that consists on puking every 15 minutes, shitting youself if you even move, suicidal depression, insomnia for days on end, not eating for days on end, feeling like your dying literally, etc.. Thats actually the only reason im up at 7:00 in the morning because im fucking withdrawaling from xanax and hydrocodone and codeine. Had my seizures from xanax 6 days ago and still feel like im literally dying, and in the past 4 hours ive gone through 2 pairs of nice pairs of boxers already, and wanting to end it all from the withdrawal, I have scars all the way up my forearm thatll be there for the rest of my life from cutting pretty deep with a razer blade due to suicidal depression from withdrawal. You will loose your relationship with your family and itll be because you steal from them to get your next high, lie to them for every reason for them not to find out and loosing all your friends and all your emotions, you wont care about anything but your next hit or line. Dont even get me started on benzo withdrawal, its opiate withdrawal on steriods I went to the ER for seizures and on the baseline of dying. Man you can go ahead and not believe and think im bullshitting, if you want to experiment with drugs at this age go ahead and itll be the biggest regret of your life and you will soon realize. Your life is good and we both know you want to keep it that way, I wish I could trade you lives for a day, you would be scared out of your mind. Man just STICK WITH WEED. Opiates and benzos are the devil, they take over your life then control your every thought and movement, especially when you hit the point of withdrawaling if you dont get your dose. Also, I already have a hole eating away at my nasal cavity from constant snorting of cocaine and tylenol from all the pain pills I use to snort, and everything else thats gone up my nose, stupid right? Yes. Stop while your ahead my friend.

Thanks for the advice, i dont really do drugs but i do like smoking weed alot. I dont come from a family that does drugs and im probably the only one to expriment with a variety of different pills other than pain killers (recreationally) but ive cut the shit and only smoke herb. Ive been offered different shit like yay several times but i dont really dig that stuff is just not my type of shit plus i cant experiment with other stuff when my family usually stays indoors they'd know if im on something. I hope everything gets better for you man sorry to hear that

Thanks for the advice, i dont really do drugs but i do like smoking weed alot. I dont come from a family that does drugs and im probably the only one to expriment with a variety of different pills other than pain killers (recreationally) but ive cut the shit and only smoke herb. Ive been offered different shit like yay several times but i dont really dig that stuff is just not my type of shit plus i cant experiment with other stuff when my family usually stays indoors they'd know if im on something. I hope everything gets better for you man sorry to hear that
No problem brotha, ill try and help anyone avoid these types of situations, wouldnt wish any of it of someone I wanted dead

I didnt feel anything but music sounded better. I felt slightly euphoric but not really buzzed. Sounds like you got a little high, no? Opioids are subtle. I dont suggest continuing because that leads to all the terrible shit you hear about them, but it takes awhile to realize exactly how they exactly make you feel. At 15 I doubt you are suffering from much of well, anything to say to yourself ahh, now I feel good. It would probably just be a function of finding the right dose or drug until you really experienced the joys of opioids but that shit ends real quick. Stick to weed. Opioids are not worth it.

It sounds as though you did get high from the opiates. If you are prescribed the for pain you will mainly have the pain taken away and it's as you described.

Don't chase the high or abuse opiates. The way you did a CWE to take a large dose and went on a small binge on them is not good. Stay safe.

It often takes a few doses before you can feel the full spectrum of opioid effects and first few times are as you described, sometimes there's just sedation and no euphoria at all, even from strong opioids like heroin.

Opiates are a subtle high. They don't "f*ck you up" like alcohol or weed; they don't alter your perception and reality like that. Mostly you just feel relaxed , maybe a little energetic or floaty, but you still are "normal" you just feel good.

Some people do them and feel like they've found something their brain has been missing all their lives. Some do them and don't like the feeling or just feel nauseous. Some people find that it takes a few times to really enjoy an opiate buzz

My guess is it's not that you didn't get high. It's that your expectations were not in line with what opiates do. Many first time users expect to be f*cke up like drinking or smoking or rolling. But with opiates you can function normally, you just feel better and more social and energetic, etc.

I would be happy you're not one of the people who falls instantly in love. And stick to weed

Yep you are lucky as others have said. the first time I took hydro recreationally it was 5-10mg and I was absolutely floored by the effects, i was suffering from very severe depression at the time so I instantly fell in love with opiates. I was also 16 when I started and 5 years later I've spent thousands, if not tens of thousands, on pills with nothing to show for it except a tolerance and dependency.

Take it from someone who has overdosed twice, been to prison twice, been to over 15 rehabs, been to mental hospitals (lost count), been robbed, pistol whipped, shot, and ended up homeless from using and abusing opiates.
It's not worth it my friend, you dabbled a little bit, which there is nothing wrong with but you're lucky that you didn't really fancy the feel of it. When I started using opiates I found it to be that missing piece in my life, but I sold my soul to the devil in return and have had to pay the piper many times for it.

a lot of good advice here, but for future reference OP please read the OD posting standards. Going to move this to Basic Drug Discussion

The same thing happened me yesterday with oxy. Took 10mg and didnt feel anything except drowsiness and anxiety

It also took me dabbling with the pills, vicodin/percocet, over a span of a few years to get a real, real feeling like extreme euphoria out of using them. At first I would only get them very occasionally, and they were only good for just helping me relax and just feel good in general. Then one day I took some percocet, and BAM extreme euphoria slapped me in the face. I LOVED it. But after that little supply ran out I didn't touch any opiate drug for several years. Until Oxycontin floated my way, and when I discovered how to snort them, it was all over from there. I developed a huge tolerance, and had to make the move to heroin and shooting up. That's where shit got bad and I faced the true form of addiction. And now I sit, 32 years old, a junkie, addicted to IV drug use, without a seeming hope in the world. But I know I still have a chance and can get things in order. I know what I have to do.

As for the OP, listen to these people here man, youre very young with a very long future ahead of you bro. It is good you talked to us. By doing that you could kind of look into the future of what things are to come if you choose to go down that path.

Be good dude.

Wait till you hit 57 years old and then tell me you've tried everything out there. I've been at this game for over 40 years and still haven't done it all..
Ahh..the invinsibilty of youth. One thing about drugs is you don't get to be 57 using drugs by being stupid..

As for the so called extraction processes you read about online? Ridiculous. Opium is dirt cheap. There's absolutely nothing to gain by trying to extract it from hydrocodone other than possibly poisoning yourself which goes back to not being stupid..

Wait till you hit 57 years old and then tell me you've tried everything out there. I've been at this game for over 40 years and still haven't done it all..
Ahh..the invinsibilty of youth. One thing about drugs is you don't get to be 57 using drugs by being stupid..

As for the so called extraction processes you read about online? Ridiculous. Opium is dirt cheap. There's absolutely nothing to gain by trying to extract it from hydrocodone other than possibly poisoning yourself which goes back to not being stupid..
He was trying to separate the hydrocodone from the APAP which is always a good idea, not trying to extract opium from it.