• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

I concentrate better on opiates

Survival0200

Bluelighter
I've noticed that while on opiates my ability to concentrate is way better. This leads me wondering if I could have ADD/ADHD? I have anxiety issues though, which could contribute.

What do you think? Do you have a similar experience?

probably more for anxiety but this is not enough for anything conclusive.
My experience is that they impair cognition but mitigate the anxiety and make me think clumsily straight forward without distraction other than nod.
still feel dumb every now and then but I kinda do shit faster anyway.

You don't need to worry about having a disorder just because some aspect of your function is enhanced by a bit of chemical relief. It's only human.

We don't know you, but nothing here points toward any disorder or anything wrong with you.

I do have ADD and can concentrate better on acute (but not chronic, which rather dull cognition) doses of opioids, for whatever this is worth. But yeah I think Mjall is right too, every person can get increased focus due to some drugs, question is whether you can't focus sober.

haha yeah I have same issue, which is why I prefer gaming. I track it mostly to PTSD symptoms.

One great thing about benzos was that watching series or movies was pretty chill.

For example, watching movies sober is hard, because I tend to get distracted by other things. I can watch like 10 minutes and then I pause.

I am exactly like this a lot of the time. I also remember much of what lead up to this state of restlessness. Some people may wanna label you ADD but labels like that are heavy stuff to bear for an already heavy mind.

The alternative hypothesis is far simpler and much more lenient on oneself: You're not doing too well, and you have emotions to process. This need not be a permanent "disorder" and anyone who wants to assume that is someone to be suspicious of.

For example, watching movies sober is hard, because I tend to get distracted by other things. I can watch like 10 minutes and then I pause.
Same here. I attribute that more to hyperactivity than attention deficit however though, imo these two are different beasts. Attention deficit is when you want to study and can't focus on the text. I was diagnosed with attention deficit w/o hyperactivity but based on my childhood, nowadays I definitely have hyperactivity. I think amphetamines do help better with attention deficit than with hyperactivity but I might be wrong.

Dissociatives are great tools by the way, give me a dose of one and I'd watch two movies in a row without looking at the clock or whatever else just once. But they mess with memory if dosed just slightly above what's needed, and can also mess with judgement.

I also think that the 21st century lifestile with all sorts of electronic devices contributes to ADHD.

Last edited:
I definitely concentrate better on opiates at first. After a few months of daily use the benefit fades and then the effect goes in the other direction.

I've noticed that while on opiates my ability to concentrate is way better. This leads me wondering if I could have ADD/ADHD? I have anxiety issues though, which could contribute.

What do you think? Do you have a similar experience?
They absolutely have an adderall like effect when it comes to work and studying.

At the end of the day any drug that floods you with dopamine without compromising your cognitive ability will have this effect.

I made straight A's when I was addicted to oxycontin.

The semester I quit cold turkey I made C's. I was so fucking depressed and had no support.

They absolutely have an adderall like effect when it comes to work and studying.

At the end of the day any drug that floods you with dopamine without compromising your cognitive ability will have this effect.
thank GOD I never got into oxy when I was in college and grad school. It would have ruined me. IDK if all schools are like this but I think in US grad school anything less then a 3.0 is a failing grade