• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I can't remember a heroin comedown this bad?

Thizzlemcgee

Greenlighter
I have been clean off of H for 4 years because it destroyed my life... I have been doing meth occasionally (once every couple of weeks) since then because I can somehow manage to keep a steady job and live a somewhat "normal" life. I was on the end to a 4 day bender and experiencing a super anxiety ridden meth comedown.. Nothing would help.. Beer.. Liquor(surprisingly because I'm an alcoholic).. And Couldn't sleep so a friend suggested I smoke some of his h which he was using thru IV at the time so of course I gave it a try for the first time in years.. It felt great and seemed to be working for 10-15 minutes or so but afterwards It made everything worse! I was shocked because I couldn't remember a time when h made me feel so shitty! I don't know if it was just bad timing to relapse or my guilt for relapsing that got to my head and made it worse... I never experienced such a bad comedown and it fucked up my whole outlook on some things and I'm looking for an opinion on maybe what could have caused this?

You said it yourself, it destroyed your life. Why are you surprised that it didn't deliver what you thought it would?

Perhaps it's guilt for relapsing but don't beat yourself up about it - just remember that it never actually fixes anything, and if anything, makes things worse.

What exactly do you mean when you say "made you feel shitty"? Certainly you weren't experiencing a comedown 15 minutes post use so what exactly did you feel like after those initial 15 minutes? Regardless I think I would take it as a positive that it wasn't all you expected it to be considering your history with it. Anything that serves as a deterrent is a plus.