• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

I can't quit the workahol - i'm surprised to realize i might be a workaholic

alarminglynefarious

Ex-Bluelighter
first and foremost i refuse to work for anyone but myself ever again except when i finish this program and might need to work with a big company for a bit just to have that on my resume. i have two degrees and i wasn't a particularly stellar student for either of those it was for psych and english lit and rhet i got a major in each and graduated with 2 degrees and about 20 different addictions.

right into working - i've always hated spending a day not earning makes me feel like abum ass nigga but lol i was still serving blow moving the last of some shit that me buddies borders lets just not with that and say i had an obligation not like a cartel threatening obligation but one to a friend to get it all gone so i'm working serving coke straaight to full time work my days between 2013-2017 were wake up just barely or still half awake from last nights yay - depending on what my body needed i'd take 3 tallcans of malt liquor or a mickey with me into the shower than go whore myself out for the man, it was miserable and then it was the routine evening of a 25ish year old succesful enough kid in the city grab some blow molly liquor and weed etc smash the pussy off my impossibly thin and back then impossibly classy and intelligent impossibly lovely woman and life seemed like it was fine you know work drink turn up sleep repeat but it got more and more out of hand and then we got separated and both got even worse. this is not since corona these are guesstimate figures from 2019 before corona.

my routine now that i'm in school again doing this elec engineering is just still progressing to more and more being completely centered around my work - i love what i do but i've left no room for anything else in my life except honestly probably drugs and my own immaturities. i find myself going weeeks without speakking to another person since covid and i mean online too and i'm juust fine with it but i neveer wanted to be the dude that let the man break him so recognizing this i wanna make sure i stay as me as i was intended to be. at this crossroads age of 30 what the fuck do i do for fun, how do i add more to my life what is worthwhile?

Any ideas on how i can expand how i spend my time?

i find myself going weeeks without speakking to another person since covid and i mean online too

Not this week!!!

As for the workaholism, do you think it might be all the dexies you are taking. Days I am on dex I work a 12 hour day and am intensely focussed on getting it done to the point I forget a lot of other life stuff. On the other hand lots of workaholics I’ve met professionally seem to be driven by an inner insecurity about themselves and a constant need to prove something to someone - not saying that fits your case but it might be worth thinking about the forces behind your drive and ambition and whether they are healthy or not.

As for just getting a life, I guess it depends on what type of things interest you or how adventurous you are about trying new experiences. From joining a book club to doing a rock climbing course or volunteering for some community organisation there are any number of productive ways to break out of old habits and get more out of life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a workaholic too.... It's definitely a brain chemistry thing.... people wired to love stims tend to be workaholics ime.... the trick is putting that into something beneficial to yourself and not just slaving away for minimum wage 14 hours a day....

My work drive comes from never being satisfied.... no matter what I accomplish i always want more....

I'm kinda of a workaholic, too. I enjoy my job (computer programming), and I spend the rest of my time working on my music career. Music is my passion, so it doesn't feel like work, it's what I'd most like to be spending my time doing. I can have a day go by from time to time where I do nothing but read or watch movies or whatever, and it's when I'm just exhausted from all the work/activities. But for the most part I feel bad when I'm not doing something useful. I start to focus on drugs and self-destructing. I think it's just because I'm an energetic, passionate person so I need an outlet for my energy.

Fortunately, as a musician, my work involves being with people and interacting with people, which is something I love anyway, so it's a win-win.

yeehaw to the workaholics. logging is a lifestyle to me. if you love what you do it's hard to not want to work. if there is a buck to be made why not make it?!