• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I can't hit a vein...HELP!!!

He's 5'4, 240 lbs and referred to himself as "a little chubby." Sorry, but that's not a little chubby, that is obese and in itself a life threatening condition. So not only is he stabbing himself in the arm with a hypodermic needle while blindfolded, he's in denial about his weight issue.

You're damn right I bitch slapped him about it - he came here asking for help and, as usual, most members respond with a smile and a hug. I chose to opt out of the group hug and help him my way because I don't believe cuddles are going to motivate him.

If you discovered your best friend had gained 100 lbs and was shooting dope AND was so poorly educated about needles they were basically on the verge of suicide, would you just pat them on the head and say "oh, sweetie, you're doing that all wrong, let me show you the right way to inject yourself"?

I sure hope not.

I can't help but agree with what some others have said on here - you really should NOT be shooting up with such little knowledge. What are you doing??

It doesn't take long to research the best methods and you seem to have NO idea what you're doing! Not knowing that the hole should be facing upwards, not knowing what a shallow angle is, being confused about how to register I mean for f**ks sake, you're a liability.

Just spend some time reading up on good injection technique before you go any further.

Heroin is ruining my life and I hate to volunteer info to someone else on how to ruin their's but here it is, I can hit veins without tying off and I am not "veiny". I know where the veins are. Crook of the elbow is easiest but abusing it will leave a track mark and I hate track marks. There's another thick vein that runs along side the upper inside of your wrist. It's uncomfortable poking around but they are your two best bets. As someone else said, try tying off at the bicep, if no luck try tying off in the middle of your forearm and see if they pop up from the wrist or hands.

Never never never never ever inject unless your sure your in. injecting out of frustrationis just pure insane dude! sort it out. i think you need an exsperianced user to help you untill you can find a few veins you can get on your that you can swap between. dont just find one vein you can get then bang uo in it every time cas your soon mess that vein up man. thats rule number one dont go in unless your sure ya in a vein, take your time and find a way thats comfatable for you to keep rock steady as you draw back and push in. sounds like ya not ready to go solo. also 4 lines off a ten bag? get 25 to 30 lines off a ten bag over here on the foil (bout 8-9 inches each line). good luck though with finding them elusive H carrying vessles.

I found about this a while ago because the citric acid messed up most of my veins. Could help; I haven't got one yet.
Sorry I can't give the exact source so just search for "Veinlite". It's a device that shows your veins basically.

You are so not ready to shoot op and on top of that its gonna be hard for you to find good veins. You need a long term iv user who knows what there doing to show you the way. i did and shooting in dark like you are is crazy man!

Hello everyone,

Here is my dilemma, I'm 5'4" and about 240 lbs...basically a little chubby. In the past few weeks, I have been attempting to inject versus snorting. Oh...just to let you know...I'm new to a lot of the terms used nowadays (i.e. IMO, Subs etc.) so you'll have to bare with me a bit. I had a stint with heroin 12 years ago and just picked it up again within the past few months. At that time where I lived, you could get three to four good lines out of one bag. Now where I am, the bags and potency are not as good.

So...I have a co-worker who re-introduced me to my old friend and showed me the ropes on how to inject. Here are my problems that I would appreciate no joke, helpful answers to:

1) Due to my weight, I'm having difficulty finding veins. I have been bruising myself all over. With my physical condition, where would be the best places to inject and with out it being easily noticeable?

2) At times when I think I've hit a vein or if I actually do, I attempt to draw it back to see blood to ensure I hit the right spot. If I don't see blood on the first draw back, I take the steps of pulling the needle out slowly, moving it around, pushing it back in, drawing back some more, but I eventually end up pulling the needle out completely, then the blood goes into the needle and the spot bleeds, so I go back and try and miss completely and just inject it out of frustration. How do I get the draw to work properly or how do I do it properly so I know I've hit my mark?

3) My co-worker, when showing me how to do this, hit a vein on me, and it was difficult for him. He went through the standard way of injecting, drew back, found blood and injected. Within 10 seconds it hit me. Since then I have not been able to accomplish what he did. So, if I continue to attempt to find a vein without success, I end up hoping I hit one and inject, Most of the times I don't. I feel "good" but nothing like I remember and nothing like that day he helped me. So am I wasting the heroin if I don't hit a vein?

I apologize this is so lengthy, but I have been all over the internet and have not found any answers and my co-worker just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or how to help.

Eagerly waiting for responses via email,

herion318

Hi 'H318', merry christmas and I'm sorry you are having trouble getting a hit, maybe it's an omen telling you not to get started on the slippery slopes to hell. I've been an addict for many years so I consider myself quallified to give you some advice. I don't know what your domestic situation is, but you don't wanna end up like me, alone on christmas morning(for too many years to remember). I lost my veins years ago, and have to go into my deep veins. I will not tell you where because you could copy it and could do some serious harm. I couldn't live with that. Other posters on this forum have given you some good tips and the benefit of their experience, and I agree, your so called friend, is no friend. Do yourself a big favour and stay away from him.
If you are hell bent on fucking your life up on smack, then forget about using the needle. Even doing it that way you very quickly get used to it, and no longer get the same rush as when you started. So you may just as well smoke it (chase the dragon). Or crush it really fine and 'snort' it. Which ever way you do decide in the end, one golden rule you MUST abide, EVERY time you get it for the first hit, just do a little to test the strength. I've lost too many people from my past who have OD and all but one died because they misjudged their tollerence. The odd one comitted suicide because he missed his girlfriend who OD herself and died.
The best advice that I or anybody else can pass on to you is, Don't get started in the first place. It can only lead to pain and misery, you will eventually lose everything, including your health. Heroin is not just a drug, it's a way of life.

Hey one other tip most people ignore: TRY PLUGGING. Anyone who's done IV and plugged will tell you that plugging gets you pretty close to the IV experience, but with a fraction of the danger (if any).

Ive shot and plugged dilaudid and plugging was by far a better experience.

Try it. If you like the high you get off it, you may not even NEED to iv.

Problem is a lot of people "feel weird" about sticking drugs up their butt. Of course that's almost comically ironic: you're not afraid to stick a needle in your arm and seriously risk death, but you draw the line at playing with your pooper?

Talk about out of whack priorities!

I have been injecting for a very long time. I'm definitely not here to preach to you. People seem to think that telling you how stupid it is will change the fact that you're doing it. What people don't realize is that you're an adult and you will do why you want. I wish someone wouldve warned me when I first picked it up.... However I wouldn't have listened either way honestly. So I'm basically just here to answer your question. The person who said 90 degree angle said that because for deeper veins youre gonna have to angle it so that it any penetrate the skin and reach the deeper veins. I am actually having the same problem... I am extremely underweight, however, but that has not helped. I had some really great spots that I never had any issues with. It would literally take one try and on the first try I was registering. My husband used to be the one to do it for me... He was recently put in jail (just another reason you probably shouldn't start injecting since you're not already a full blown addict and still have time) but because he's in jail he could no longer help me and I had to learn to do it myself. I was always hitting my veins and never had issues. However my rigs were dull and without money to get new ones they became harder to get in the vein. Now my good veins have all either collapsed or are extremely swollen from missing. I'm currently trying to find new ones to use but I have always used the crook of my arms so it's difficult. Try tying off and using uour fingers to feel for a soft vein that you can hit. Don't poke around if you don't register, just pull out and try again. When you do register release the tie and slowly push down. Be careful about just shooting anywhere out of frustration as this can cause abscesses and infections... But if you do miss its basically skin popping and while you won't get that fantastic rush.. You will feel it slowly but surely sort of like sniffing. So the shot is not fully going to waste which is why you feel "good" either way. I advise you to seriously consider not doing this... But if you choose to.. Be safe, be clean, don't share, take your time... Don't get frustrated or discouraged.. None of us started off as professionals and even the best of us still run into our share of problems. Just breathe and you will feel comfortable eventually