• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I can't get high off inhalants

vocko

Greenlighter
Hi guys, let's get right to the point, i can't get high off any inhalants, i tried n2o, did nothing, so i tried toulene, did nothing, today, i huffed so much gasoline everyone else (as ppl say in reports) would black out but to me, it did nothing... Any idea why that could be? could it have been caused by my meth addiction, or because i drink a lot? Because most of the reports are from people's childhood which means they probably didnt do any drugs before that... BTW, im male 180cm 65kg, so i don't really see whats wrong with me :/

you dont want to get into inhalants, one of the best ways to fry your brain and body. Ive never understood why people would do so much damage to themselves just for a 2 min high. Personally i think its good you cant get high off them, view it how you want though...

N2O is a legitimate drug but those other inhalants aren't drugs, their fumes are toxic and the 'high' you receive is more a sensation of your brain getting directly damaged. Stay away from them, use safer (and better quality) means of getting high. Or tackle your unhealthy desire to get high no matter what the cost.

If you have any value whatsoever for your life, you will stop that BS. Seriously, inhalants like gasoline, duster, etc are probably the most dangerous 'high' there is almost. There is no harm reduction when it comes to that shit, the high you feel is caused by brain damage. Please... you're worth more than that shit man.

N2O is an exception and doesn't cause brain damage if inhaled properly... all the other stuff is incredibly dangerous.

Yea, i know how dangerous it is...I was just reading erowid reports and the high looks so beatiful...Psychedelics usually get borin after using them many times (besides LSD, it still good) And on DXM i experienced something similar, but that was 1,6g dose and im glad im still alive because of some events that happened that day...so this was another way to get there =[

but still, the question is, what is it that makes me tolerant to inhalants? every other drug works well for me...I even get euphoria from ibuprofens...(about 5% ppl get it)

Dude, just go smoke some weed and chill out. You don't need to be doing these cheap highs.

Dude, just go smoke some weed and chill out. You don't need to be doing these cheap highs.
I hate when people tell me to just smoke some weed. Not everyone is satisfied with weed, that isn't the answer for everybody. I'm sure if he wanted weed, he wouldn't be trying inhalants

You're not helping at all. Obviously OP knows the risks, he is wondering why his body is tolerant to them

OP, maybe you're inhaling wrong?

5% of people get high off ibuprofen?

Please tell me you have a source? Otherwise I call bullshit.

Normally I have a nice tone but I'm going to be blunt here: Stop what the hell you're doing.

I used to know a guy that huffed gas, smart guy too (well as smart as someone that would huff gas can be). Now he's borderline retarded, I'm not talking about just acting a fool either. He's basically......stupid as in can't tie my own shoes stupid.

I'm not saying that is going to happen to you, but trust me, if you're looking to catch a buzz huffing gas and such isn't something that should be on your mind. It's probably a good thing that you didn't get effects to be honest, don't worry about why you don't, just be thankful that you don't and move on.

Personal note: I did huff gas one time when I was younger and stupid. All that happened was everything sounded all "wa-wa-wa" for a few seconds with a buzzing noise. I could feel my brain cells dying and never had the urge to do it again. It ain't worth the 5 second "buzz" you get. Like others have said just smoke some pot or something instead.

Be safe!

IMO whatever inhalants that doesn't have a history of medical use should not be used. Even then a lot of them are dangerous. I've seen huffers that show signs of brain damage much worse than meth. Partial recover is possible so there's hope for them but there seems to be some long term damage.

The only drugs I regret doing are inhalants. I feel it damaged my brain and will probably up my chances of cancer. It's the only thing that I wish I could go back and not take.

It may be a cross tolerance from alcohol if you drink a lot, since both work on gaba and nmda. But if you're immune to inhalants you should count yourself lucky. If N2O doesn't work don't bother. Nitrous is as good as it gets, both in terms of safety and quality of high. But it still can deplete your vitamin B12, which can cause long-term damage.

Honestly if you're over the age of 18 there's no reason to take inhalants. Not that any age is good.

Right now, i really wish i could get high of gasoline, i really need to get away from theese withdrawals, i drank shitloads of alcohol and it's not helping, im still craving my Drug so much, i'm shedding tears because there's no way i can get it, without doing that stupid i used to do before and got me in trouble...Why does it have to be me, who's tolerant to gasoline? Or could it be the type of gasoline? We have natural 95, natural 98, special, and some other stuff in here,i was trying natural 98...which is the most common, all cars use this, so wtf is wrong, if i atleast had a fucking cig, im picking up butts from the ground so i can roll a fucking cigarette, i feel like some homeless, life isnt going to well for me...I seriously dont know what to do.

get some poppers???
this is a harm minimisation site - the only way to feel better about whatever situation you've gotten yourself into is to not huff solvents. there's no way we can help you "get high" off gasoline. if you ever want to be able to get high on anything again, you need to show your body and mind some respect. solvents abuse is just that - abuse.
not kicks, or hedonism or escape. just brain damage.

Well huffing gas isn't going to make things better. Just make everything worst and have new problems.

How old are you? Seriously?

If things are bad and you wanna talk go to The Dark Side forum on Bluelight.
There is no talking about drugs, (no triggering its a support group) but they can help you with your addictions or problems.

Stop trying to huff. Maybe this is God's way of protecting you from yourself.

Or tackle your unhealthy desire to get high no matter what the cost.

^ This.

Take care and stay safe, and please have a think about your actions. You're doing irreparable damage to yourself, and you're clearly struggling right now :(

Please at least consider seeking help ie. psych, detox, rehab etc.

Also, check out TDS as Zoeylynn said: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forums/47-The-Dark-Side - you can get some great advice over there, and possibly even some assistance locating services in your region that can help you.

Feel free to PM if you feel like getting it off your chest. Good luck man.

yeaaaa....im going to go ahead and say thats probably not a bad thing? inhalents are a great way to become braindead and serisouly fucked for the rest of your life. matter of fact one of my moms friends brothers died from inhaling glue. if you want to get fucked up there are other options.