• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

i can't get high anymore. has anyone else experienced this?

For years I smoked about 5 cones per week, bunched over the weekend with perhaps 1 or 2 during the week if there was a special BBQ on or something.

No sense of "over-doing" it was ever experienced. However, I have been off for 6 months now and I had 1/2 cone and got more plastered than I ever experienced. Pink lungs or something, I don't know.

Therefore must have had some tolerance, but not enough to be bored with smoking.

i smoked multiple times a day every day for almost 2 years. the way it affected me certainly changed quite a lot during that period but it always remained euphoric, at least during the first part of the high. just recently my highs took an unexpected turn for the worse. the euphoria i used to get from smoking simply disappeared. i would get a slight mood lift and then feel like crap the rest of the day. i actually feel better and happier when sober than i do when high. i thought it was just my tolerance getting too high so i quit for 5 days. when i smoked again after the 5 day break, i got incredibly stoned but there were still no euphoric feelings. no real "high". generally when i quit for a long time and smoke again i have a very psychedelic experience but not euphoric, i have to smoke several times before i start to experience the euphoria i love so much. so thinking that might be the problem ive been smoking casaually since then but its still not working. being stoned is a completely different feeling now, it consists of altered perception, a mind fuck and anxiety. the happy buzz is just gone. it doesn't matter how much i smoke. ive tried low doses and high doses but its hard for me to even tell if i'm high or not. there's no buzz. the good part of the high is gone and i go straight to the after affects. has anyone else experienced this? does it get any better if you quit for say 6 months or a year? its gonna be hard getting used to life without any euphorias.

i get this too, the thing is i just started smoking after like a year long break. does anybody know of anything that i can do or take to bring back the euphoria.

In my experience and that of most of my friends after frequent use, cessation for as little as a day or two causes intense highs the first time you smoke off small(ish) amounts. I found when smoking weed multiple times a day only the first smoke of the day got me truly "high" and what I define as "high" as a daily smoker is alot different to infrequent. The exception is if you smoke heaps but its just more of a heavily stoned, some would say burnt out feeling.
when smoking the same kind of weed for a while I would only get the high of the subsequent smokes I spoke of before even the first time smoking that day. If you change the weed you should be able to get high atleast once a day properly. It isn't very euphoric at all when you smoke that much. In retrospect its almost like a dysphoric comfort blanket, which is strange.

Try eating the herb. Even if you eat say a gram a couple hours before your gonna smoke you'll most likely get your old high back (Or better.) Every time you smoke for about the next 8 hours. I even find that the combination can be cheaper than just smoking if your intending on getting really stoned. For a light buzz you can just take single hits all day and i'm sure you'd consume less for the desired effect.

If you or anyone want more info just search or PM me. I'll direct you a foolproof method and i've got a bombass recipe that doesn't even require an oven and the ingredients are in almost every home.

Good luck

I know how tolerance can increase to ridiculous levels when you are either smoking every day for a long time or have access to your own homegrown Cannabis so you can smoke all day without paying €10 for a lousy gram of White Widow. I only grow a few plants for fun and this years' harvest was of exceptional quality (White Widow / Amnesia Haze / Silver Pearl / Purple Tops / 'Rexcessive' Haze #1 which was Amnesia Haze x Silver Pearl, my first crossbred plant ever :D)

Currently I am only smoking on the weekends since last week and I find it quite hard, especially when you have been smoking your own Cannabis for over 4 months. I rolled fat blunts & joints and gave some away to a few friends, but now that my stash is nearly empty it's time to contemplate about my usage and tolerance.

Try smoking different strains of Cannabis, that is if you have a reliable source that has some good strains like Northern Lights / Jack Herer / Super Skunk or maybe even some hash like Maroc / Tibisla / Afghan.

I agree that quitting for a while is the best thing to do, however some people don't have the willpower to stop for a few months (like myself hah) so try lifting weights for example and smoke only on weekends. Also, setting a certain amount of money that you will spend on Cannabis might help, another tip I can give you is to smoke Cannabis that is grown outdoors, for some reason the switch from indoor strains to outdoor strains gets me higher.

If you really want to stop for a few months you can PM me when you crave Cannabis or just want to talk about the psychological part of stopping since that can be hard, I respect you for trying to stop, I'm sure I couldn't do it so I wish you good luck and I hope you will get the high we all love back again. :)

Sorry for the long post, I always tend to write long posts while high on Methylphenidate. =D I could write a whole book about Cannabis since even after 7 years of smoking I still love Mary Jane. <3

Peace & good luck o/