• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I can't do fun stuff stoned cuz depression :/ plz help give activities

nancy145

Bluelighter
EDIT 2: I'm not really getting any answers I'm looking for so can a moderator just close this thread?

EDIT: (sober now) the point of this thread was to ask for activities that are still fun and instresting to do stoned when you have depression

High af rn sry.
so ive been depressed recently and all ive been doing is lying in bed all day and i used to wanna go do fun stuff high while i was depressed but now when i smoke all i wanna do is lay in bed all day. need fun activities that take very little motivation and energy. im 15 and a guy. plz help

Last edited:
When you smoke because your sad will make you stay like that IMO. Go smoke with some homies that will help bring your mood up and maybe they will find some crazy adventures. But hit that bong a couple times enjoy life and walk the streets.

Dude, if you're FIFTEEN and depressed then weed, or any drug for that matter, is the last thing you need.

not really the purpose of the question I'm asking... and i mean its not like you saying that is gonna stop me, you mine as well just answer my question and make me a bit happier

From first hand experience I can tell you weed is going to make it MUCH worse. You're fifteen man fuck. Get on antidepressents, exercise and eat healthy.

Nancy. Check your previous threads you started. I have given you some great advice in them.

I also suggest you leave the weed alone. Do you understand what state based learning is? If you associate weed with having a good time, then the times you don't have it will be incredibly terrible and unfulfilling. You are fifteen...yes you will have some growing pains, some of which are mental because of the hormones running wild in your body. Do you play any sports? Do you like to draw, paint or "make womnat magic" (whatever the hell that is) when you play guitar? Write music! Talk to girls! Clean your room! Play pranks on your parents!

There are so many things that you could be doing to help achieve happiness in your life. Choose something, just don't assume that weed is going to make you happy. The happiness is up to you, not a plant!

the human brain is still developing at 15, smoking weed is going to interfere with that process. a conservative suggestion would be to wait until you are 18 to smoke weed.

weed will also worsen depression for those pre-disposed.

i don't think its worth taking antidepressants at 15 either unless you are suicidal or a significant threat to yourself and others.

not really the purpose of the question I'm asking... and i mean its not like you saying that is gonna stop me, you mine as well just answer my question and make me a bit happier

tbh, you didn't really ask a question... you just presented a situation and stated your desires.

You're going about drug use the wrong way, in my opinion. Hobbies and interest should be made more engaging with weed use.... you shouldn't occupy yourself with those kinds of things only when you're high. That's a one-way ticket to eventually feeling like you need weed to be "normal."

On the other hand, you're already stoned and in bed so you might as well just become a chronic masturbator in every sense of the term.

If marijuana saps you energy during the day, and that bothers you, then perhaps you should only smoke in the evenings.

I mean yeah the people who are saying that it's not a good idea to smoke lots of weed when you're 15 are technically correct, but like you said you're probably going to do it anyway, and I was 17 when I started smoking, not much older than you (and, while my cognitive abilities may be impaired by my drug use, the impairing drug in question sure as fuck wasn't weed). So yeah, smoke at night and watch a film (or something) to wind down after the day is over.

Quit weed. Exercise, eat healthy, meditate, socialize till you are out of depression.

Then start smoking again in moderation when you are already happy sober

A lot of these guys are trying to give you good advice, but some of them are mislead...

Do not get on antidepressants unless you feel you can't cope/function sober...

Also, the brain doesn't stop developing at 18. That's a lie. cannabis mostly affects the serotonergic system, which doesn't stop developing till at least 25 lol.

You're making your depression worse and possibly actively causing it by smoking weed at your age. What your describing is really sad and kind of pathetic to be honest. You've lost interest in fun activities so you're hoping people can give you something to entertain yourself while you're high that doesn't involve getting out of bed. Don't you see how miserable that sounds when you're only fifteen? I'm currently going through post acute withdrawal symptoms from heroin and one of the ways I try and get through it is by telling myself that I'm going to actually give living my fucking LIFE a chance by working at it to make myself happier, and I'VE told myself that if I'm still miserable and going through mood swings and feeling depressed by the end of the six months, it's not like drugs are going anywhere. They'll still be around if i want to throw the towel in later on, but continuing to just say "fuck it" and using anyway is just like giving up before you've even tried.