I cant believe this stupid shit is still not over. I am talking about life that is.

deadendgame

Bluelighter
Well, i cant believe i finally did it. I quit my day job. I was a security guard at a retail store standing there for 9 hours a day every single day. It felt like forever in there. Holy shit man!! I feel like i wanted to kill myself so i kindly put in my two weeks notice two weeks ago. But even two weeks felt like 2 months. Like wtf man!! Those three months literally felt more than the whole 26 years i been alive. And i only got a few thousand bucks from it. Like goddam!! I aint never gonna do that again. Well, i guess the experience i gained was that i have a value of time now. Certain substances alter the perception of time. Stimulants slow down time but makes it so you are more able to react to any situation. Depressants speed up time at the same time making you oblivious and defenseless to react to the problems at hand. When you are actively engaged in complex thought and reasoning, time will go by fast like lightning. So i guess these next few months studying are gonna go by in the blink of an eye. Im prepared because now i can control how fast time goes by. I feel like im the master of time but it may be my grandiose delusion at work

Congrats on making a positive step forward!

What do you plan to study with your new found time?

- VE

Reading, math, and writing for now. As these are rudimentary subjects on all graduate exams

Quitting a dull job is always a good thing especially if you replace it with something infinitely more rewarding (like studying). :) Some people think there is a reward from tolerating boredom, and I sort of agree...

I get that time crawling sensation at work a lot. I used to experience it really bad at my first ever job, unpacking shit at a supermarket and as a cashier. Seriously, I used to try and block off all nearby clocks, otherwise I would just basically watch them. Time was magnified in excruciating fashion. :\ But, I learned that it was actually my conscious and willing obsession with monitoring time that caused the sensation of time standing still- and I practised not doing it- and now, at work, I can pretty well relax into the day and 'enjoy' it. I really like my job (librarian/archival assistant) and its the results of studying and so is doubly triple rewarding. :)