L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I cannot reboot.

NJ5227

Bluelighter
I am coming to you BL, in hopes that the collective can help where nothing else has...

(backstory, summarized)
As a 33 year old man, I fell in love with a 20 year old tornado of a girl after a year of friendship. Things were ok until we accidentally got pregnant. She chose to abort, claiming physical reasons why she could not conceive. I didn't realize it at the time, but inside, i was crushed after the abortion. I fell into a deep depression, and she began to take control over the relationship. We moved across the country together, which made things even worse for me, as I now had no support network and no friends. 6 months after moving, she began cheating on me. She decided to tell me one night after she had given me some MDMA. This horrid night, I fell apart. I suspect this is when the PTSD began. For a few months, I lived like a dying man. I was so grateful when she came back to me that I thought I was able to forgive her past mistakes. 6 months later I came to the conclusion I couldn't trust her. She drove my business partner against me, causing him to turn on me and fuck me badly in a business deal. Crushed, heart broken, I tried taking a trip back home to regroup in June 2012. She used this opportunity as a chance to come to my house with a couple of guys and rob me. Already weak from all of her manipulations and abuse, this finally broke me. I moved into the city to a high rise apartment building for security. PTSD in full effect now, my days consumed with thoughts on revenge against my ex, my nights haunted by dreams of the same. Pot pretty much saved my life, possibly hers, at this point in my life. It was the only thing that kept me sane, grounded, gave me enough appetite to eat, and allowed me some sleep. My life spiraling out of control, I sought the help of a very skilled therapist, who I still see to this day. She helped me avoid an unfortunate ending, and started to help me put my life back together towards the end of 2012. I had little hope, little zest for life, when I visited my childhood home for Thanksgiving 2012. My sister was eager to cheer me up, encouraging me to ride her new ATV. Eventually, I got enough curiosity to try it. This was a mistake, and my novice skills got the best of me in short order. I lost control of the bike, and wrecked into some trees, shattering my femur in the accident. I was able to recover from the accident in about 3 months, and continue to rehab today. The accident only heightened my symptoms of PTSD.

Since the start of 2013, I have made recovery from PTSD my main goal. Through diet and supplementation, I was able to get my nervous system back under control, reducing my daily panic attacks now to non existent. Once anxiety was under control, I was able to make progress on my PTSD symptoms. I now have friends, my body is the healthiest it's ever been. I have spent thousands on acupuncture, massage, cognitive therapy, supplements and medications. I have 1300 hours in cognitive therapy over the last 2 years. I have eaten mushrooms many times. I have taken tested, high purity mdma on several occasions. All of these things have been helpful to various degrees, but I cannot shake these haunting reminders of my ex.

Its now been 30 months since I ended things with my ex. I have had any contact at all with her in well over a year. I'm now in my late 30s - I'm in great shape, good looking, financially stable, live in a nice apartment, but I cannot date. I have gone on a few dates recently, but I am psychologically stigmatized in some way. I keep expecting any woman I meet to turn into a horrible person, have a hidden agenda or to turn against me. I know that if I can just get past this mental block, if I could connect with another woman, it would be SO healing for my situation... yet I am so locked into trying to think around my psyche that i end up isolating. It is like living in a prison within your own soul. Its hard to be patient anymore, hard not to get angry after all I have been through. I have done all the work. I just want my mind FREE, back to my own control and thought processes... yet I cannot reboot.

I don't know what to do anymore. My heart is aching to connect with another, but I'm blocked on a deeper level. Hoping for any sort of encouraging advice or suggestion. Thanks for reading and any support <3

yeah... its ok BL, im lacking in answers just like you are.

i thought i had cultivated something with a girl, asked her out tonight to find out oh yeah, not so much. 37 years old, healthy, wealthy, wise, and completely empty. The last 2.5 years of my life has been a complete waste of life energy. I am stronger than i was when i was broken, but no better off. I am just fucking here. All i can see is fake people, liars, agendas. I bleed out my soul in therapy for years for what? to be more unlovable than ever before. I seriously can't even begin to believe the words I see on the screen: I am a good looking dude! I dress well, Im emotionally mature, financially well off, nice car, great apartment, etc! Yet i exist in a vacuum.

All I can say is don't have unprotected sex with women (girls) who aren't mature enough to be parents. And the only way to get over your mistakes is to own up to them.

All I can tell you is I have PTSD and it's killed my pride and made me feel like a punk with my own thoughts , it's completely changed me but for awhile I fought it off ..it never went away for me but some ppl get over it ..

If you're struggling with PTSD try to figure it out without meds and maybe get short term therapy ...

If she is a huge piece to the spiraling of your PTSD I would stay the FUCK away from her. There are plenty of women in the world who will not do this to you or at least exacerbate your symptoms. She knows you. I hate to say it but you're an easy target when it comes to her so for your own happiness stay away! This women has literally and metaphorically robbed you of your pride and means towards sustainability. C'mon - you aren't going out like that!! MANTRA!

Ive had similar experiences recently with betrayal, feeling used and thoughts that everyone is untrustworthy and or has an agenda, but honestly I've felt this way for years because for the most part it's true. People are disappointing and selfish - no amount of therapy will change this truth (although it helps us learn to cope). I am a 33 yr old female and just ended a 7 year relationship/engagement for drama and hurt like this. Although I don't have PTSD I am severely depressed. I can barely function at work and I make fantastic money so I HAVE to get through this. My heart goes out to you! My girlfriends have pretty much saved my life.

I've ultimately come to the conclusion that it was better to have loved the way I did (open, passionate, raw) then to be like him or like "them". I'm not going to change who I am (I.e. turn to fear, punish myself for being stupid, not allow myself to love again) because someone did this to me. Then they would win and for what? Quite simply, we are better then them. We can and will love again and even if someone is the worst case scenario (I.e. a lying sack of shit) - we are not! Leave but don't allow her to take who you are! :)

wow she sounds like a headfuck.

stay away from her. you need to get past her psycho behaviour and realise she was just a nasty user.

you can do better, you have to let go of her shit and move on.

If she is a huge piece to the spiraling of your PTSD I would stay the FUCK away from her. There are plenty of women in the world who will not do this to you or at least exacerbate your symptoms. She knows you. I hate to say it but you're an easy target when it comes to her so for your own happiness stay away! This women has literally and metaphorically robbed you of your pride and means towards sustainability. C'mon - you aren't going out like that!! MANTRA!
What you say is true, she is a manipulative person who clearly knew all my weaknesses. I am learning to forgive her for that, as thats the only way she knows how to survive. As fucked up as my life is now, hers is way worse and will only get worse because of her own choices. Mine will get better because of my choices.

For the record, I have not spoken to her in 18 months, though she has tried.
Ive had similar experiences recently with betrayal, feeling used and thoughts that everyone is untrustworthy and or has an agenda, but honestly I've felt this way for years because for the most part it's true. People are disappointing and selfish - no amount of therapy will change this truth (although it helps us learn to cope). I am a 33 yr old female and just ended a 7 year relationship/engagement for drama and hurt like this. Although I don't have PTSD I am severely depressed. I can barely function at work and I make fantastic money so I HAVE to get through this. My heart goes out to you! My girlfriends have pretty much saved my life.
Lucky that you're able to keep going. I know the pain and the drag that weighs your heart down, that makes waking up each day unbearable. Thank you for your warmth, and the same to you during your struggle.

I've ultimately come to the conclusion that it was better to have loved the way I did (open, passionate, raw) then to be like him or like "them". I'm not going to change who I am (I.e. turn to fear, punish myself for being stupid, not allow myself to love again) because someone did this to me. Then they would win and for what? Quite simply, we are better then them. We can and will love again and even if someone is the worst case scenario (I.e. a lying sack of shit) - we are not! Leave but don't allow her to take who you are! :)

Thank you so much for this last block of words. <3

I feel u man i got a girl I loved when i was 23 and she was 18 prego and she got a abortion and I was destroyed cuz at that time I could of provided it felt like she didint love me and i relapsed

I guess u got to put yourself in her mind and see how it might feel shes scared and young

As for finding someone else have u tried the app tinder check it out
Take some classes go to book stores there's nothing better than that feeling of u know shes likes you and u like her